Status: Comment and Subscribe....

My Teacher Is a What?

Chapter 9 - Dinner with my teacher

So, all that morning, I stayed in bed, sick, not feeling so well. My mom came in a few minutes later with a tray that had chicken soup and steaming tea on it.

I sat up as she placed it carefully beside me, and asked, “How are you feeling Maya?”

I gave her a pained smile, and said, “Feeling a lot better, thank you.” It was a lie, and we both knew it.

“Usually when you have a fever, it’s not this high…something happen at school recently?” Mom asked as she handed me the bowl of hot soup.

I thought for a moment, well, my teacher and I are having a relationship that is forbidden in which, I found out she works two jobs, and have a boss that looks transparent, and feels very sticky, right, something has happened at school, ever since Ms. Crystal showed up.

I only blank twice, and looked at my mom saying, “Nope, not that I know of.”

She nodded, completely not believing what I just said, and I broke the silence by adding, “So, when is Ms. C coming over?”

At the mention of my teacher, she gave me a big smile, and said, “Oh she called while you were asleep and said she’d be here within 15 minutes or less.”

And as if on cue, the doorbell rang, and my stomach growled, signaling that I was hungry and nervous.

My mom laughed, and then said, “Why don’t you eat up then Maya, and I’ll go see who’s at the door.”

I nodded, and began eating while mom left the room.

~Ms. Crystal~

I was so excited to have a date with Maya and her mom, especially Maya. It’s amazing how only one week being in this town has changed my life so dramatically. Maya is such a sweet girl; hopefully she’s going to be coming to school today.

I sighed happily, and drove to school, mean while, I called Maya’s house in order to let them know that I would coming over for dinner.

“Hello?” I heard a worried voice on the other line.

“Yes, this is Ms. Crystal, morning to you Mrs. Gibson; I was just calling to let you know that it will be coming over for dinner, if that’s alright with you?” I asked, almost dreading for what the answer was going to be.

“Why yes, of course I would be happy if you came over for dinner,” she said, her voice being a bit perky.

I smiled excitedly, and said, “Oh, that’s great, but what about Maya, is she alright? I was wondering since I was coming over, I could help her with some homework.”

Mrs. Gibson than said in a sad voice, “No, she’s feeling sick today, you can come over later if you have anything she needs to know about homework.”

I nodded understandingly, and said, “Alright, well let her know that I will be helping her out this afternoon.”

“Yes, of course, I’ll let her know,” Mrs. Gibson said.

“Great, well, I can’t wait to see you again Mrs. Gibson, hopefully everything will be fine with Maya,” I said, a little worriedly.

She then said, “Yes…thank you so much for calling.”

I nodded, and said with a smile, “It’s no problem, see you soon?”

I could imagine her nodding as she said, “see you soon…bye.”

“Bye then,” and then I hung up, and continued the drive to school.

~~

School was hectic without Maya in my presence, but I got through the day, and started making my way to Maya’s house after school let out, but before I could get there, I decided to pick up a few gifts for Maya since she was sick. What…a teacher can give her student presents can’t she?

I decided on a box of chocolate, a gold heart with a poem in the middle, and a kiss I’ll give her later. What can I say? This are some nice presents, I’m pretty sure not even the boyfriends do the same thing.

Once I was outside of Maya’s house, I took three deep breaths before gathering the gifts, and walking towards the door. Well, here goes nothing, I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer.

~Maya~

It only took me 15 minutes to eat my soup and drink my tea before Mrs. Crystal barged in the room full of things.

I gave her a confused look as she set two items on my desk drawer, and sat down on my bed giving me a worried expression.

She then asked in a soft tone, “How are you feeling May?”

I blank twice, and said, “Uh, fine I guess, where’s my mom?”

She smiled and said, “She’s making dinner right now, and told me that it was fine if I come have a little chat with you.”

I shuddered, the way she said chat, couldn’t have meant something good. “And, what would you like to chat about?”

She gave me a confused look before getting up, and walking off towards the desk and gathering the items she brought with her.

“I would like to chat about you, my dear,” she said bringing the items to the bed, and giving me a big smile.

“Alright…” I said still lost, and asked, “What about me?”

“You are special,” she said, handing me a golden heart that had a beautiful poem engraved in cursive. “Go on, read it,” she urged me.

I took it carefully from her hands, and began reading,

“A special world for you and me
A special bond one cannot see
It wraps us up in its cocoon
And holds us fiercely in its womb.

Its fingers spread like fine spun gold
Gently nestling us to the fold
Like silken thread it holds us fast
Bonds like this are meant to last.

And though at times a thread may break
A new one forms in its wake
To bind us closer and keep us strong
In a special world, where we belong.”

- Sheelagh Lennon –

I…I don’t know what to say,” I said, as I stared at the golden heart in my hands.

“Well, you could always thank me,” Ms. C said with a smile.

I looked up at her, and said, “Thanks won’t be enough to show how I’m feeling about you right now.”

Then I kissed her cheek, and asked, “So, what else you got for me?”

She then handed me “A Box of chocolate?”

Ms. C nodded excitedly, and said, “Go on, open it!”

I did, and gasped when I saw that it wasn’t a box of little chocolates, it was a huge heart that said, “With all my love, from Chrissie.”

I stared at it for a few seconds, and said, “Wow, this is too much Ms. C.”

“Please,” she said, “Call me Chrissie that is my name of course, but only outside of school, deal?”

I smiled, and said, “Yep.”

After saying that, my mom barged in and said that it was dinner time. It went great, and when it was time for Chrissie to leave, I felt a bit sad.

We were standing outside on my porch, and I felt like this was my first date with a girl I just met. I hated the silence, and heard Chrissie cough a few times.

I then said, “So, maybe we could do this another time huh?”

She looked down at me, and said as she grasped my hands with hers, “I would love to; of course, I hope it won’t be obvious that you and I are…you know…”

I smiled, and said, “Sure it won’t, if we keep it that way.”

She nodded, and then kissed my lips lightly. I kissed her back softly and hugged her tightly before watching her drive off toward home. I then sighed, and thought, ‘One day…I will tell her how I feel.’
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I took soo long with this, you all probably hate me for stopping, but here it is. This might be my last chapter for right now...not sure if I'll be writing more, but, we'll see.

And yea, still alot of questions to be answered, in which I'll get too, just wish I had the time to finish. Anyways, it is 4:22, very late I know, and I'm heading to bed now, sooo... I WANT COMMENTS AND MORE SUBSCRIBERS PPL!'

Commenters of the day:

Pirate Jay Moose
Nightmare Industries

Thanks girls! :D