Status: Comment and Subscribe....

My Teacher Is a What?

Chapter 10 - Unknown Title

~Maya~

I had to stay out of school for a week, the fever seemed to be getting worse, but come Monday morning I had to get my lazy butt up and get ready for school. I wasn’t feeling the best today, but my mom insisted I got today so that I won’t get in trouble with the school board. They might think that I’m just skipping school.

So, once I was all set and ready to go, I met my mom at the front door. She was dressed and smiling brightly. I smiled back when our eyes made contact, and she hugged me saying, “You be good at school today, alright Maya?”

I hugged her back tightly, and said, “Yea, I’ll be fine mom, don’t worry.”

She then kissed my forehead and I saw fresh tears streaming down her face as she said, “My little daughter, you’re growing up so fast.”

I smiled, and said, “Yea, well, get used to it mom, I won’t be here forever you know.”

Just then, we heard a honk outside and we both smiled, knowing who it was. My mom then opened the door, and said, “Well hun, get going, you don’t want to keep your teacher waiting.”

I laughed, and said, “No problem, I won’t,” and before I left I kissed her cheek softly, and said, “Love you mom.”

She smiled through her tears, and said, “Love you too Maya, be safe.”

I nodded and then walked off toward the car and drove off to school.

~~

5 periods later, I find myself sitting on Chrissie’s desk during lunch, with her seat empty. Where was she when I needed her? We were supposed to go over my math homework so that I can hand it in before lunch was over.

I sighed, and decided to plop down on her seat and wait for her to return. It only took her about 15 minutes to walk in with two trays of lunch food.

I got up and took one from her and set it on a random desk asking, “So, where were you? I was waiting forever.”

Once she had the tray sitting on her desk, she smiled through her glasses, and said, “I wanted this day to be special for the both of us, so I got lunch for you, since you seemed to ‘misplace’ yours.”

I blushed and remembered when I told her that I misplaced my lunch when I was in Gym class, when really, I hid it in my locker, not bothering to eat what my mom packed me, it would always be a turkey burrito with cheese sauce and chips, I wasn’t a fan of it though.

“Oh yeah,” I said giggling before sitting myself down at the desk where the other tray lay.

It had a burger steaming hot with fries on it, along with a cup of ketchup and a blue carton of milk.

I looked up at Chrissie, and said, “Ms. C, you didn’t have to get me a lunch, I barely eat during the period.”

I watched as she finished eating her burger, and asked, “Why?”

I picked up a fry and sniffed it, and said with my face scrunched, “Because, it’s not really a specialty of mine. I’d rather eat when I’m at home. Cafeteria food does not get along with me very well.” I stuck out my tongue showing that I hated the food.

Ms. C only laughed, and said, “Well then, maybe I can help you with that. Leave your food there, and we’ll share mine.”

I got up and walked over to her asking, “And what do you think me eating yours will do?”

She raised an eyebrow, and said with a smirk, “I have my ways, say Ah.”

“Ah,” I said, and felt a fry go into my mouth that was coated with ketchup. I chewed and swallowed it, and then made a disgusting face.

This made Ms. C laugh loudly, and she said, “Oh, you are so amusing to me May. Come, eat some more, you know your mother won’t like it if I report to her that you’re not eating your lunch.”

I only frowned, and said, “You would never!”

Her smirk got bigger as she said, “I would…just be a good girl and eat at least something.”

I then sat down on her desk, and said, “That fry you fed me was enough.”

Her smirk fell and was replaced with a frown as she said, “Maya, you can’t be that stubborn can you, it’s just lunch!”

I glared at her, and said, “Just lunch? Ms. C that lunch can kill me; you can’t force me to eat it! Anyways, I’m not hungry!”

She then sighed, and said, “Look, you didn’t come here to argue with me, did you?”

I shook my head, “No, I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to yell at you. Just, can we at least get my homework done, we only have 20 minutes left, and I don’t want to waste it on arguments?”

Ms. C then smiled, and said, “Sure, let’s see what you’ve got.”

~~

The afternoon passed with uneventful things, and Ms. C was nice enough to give me a drive home. Before I got out, I kissed her quickly, and said, “I’ll see you at 4:00 this afternoon, don’t forget.”

“I won’t,” she said with a smile, and then drove off after my mom said hello to her.

Once inside, she asked, “So, how was school?”

I smiled, and said, “It went well; I think I’m feeling a whole lot better now.”

“Good, that means you wouldn’t mind helping me with dinner?” she asked with a smirk.

“Oh yea, that’d be fine, Ms. C really helped me out with my homework, so I don’t have any to do for tonight,” I said, running upstairs to my room.

Mom then yelled up, “Alright, well get ready for dinner than.”

“Sure thing mom,” I then got ready for dinner.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully, this one came out alright, what do you think?