Status: ACTIVE!!!!

Promise Me You'll Never Feel Afraid

Promise Me.

Cinder’s POV

I opened my eyes and saw that I was in someone’s arms, and they were walking up stairs. I looked up and recognized Zacky’s face. I tried to get down, but he tightened his arms around me.

“I can walk, y’know.” I muttered. He grinned.

“I know that, but I like carrying you.” He replied. I sighed, and settled down into his arms. He opened a door, and I saw Lyric sitting on a bed, looking out the window. Zacky walked in and put me down on the other bed, helping me get under the covers.

“Thank you.” I whispered, pecking his cheek. He smiled warmly at me before walking out of the room, closing the door behind him and locking it. I turned to my sister who was smirking at me.

“It seems like you two are getting along pretty well.” She teased. I blushed.

“It’s nothing,” I muttered. She smiled and came and sat on my bed.

“You didn’t have to stay up and wait for me.” I said. She shrugged, lying back on my bed, sliding under the covers.

“I know, but you know I can’t sleep without you. Plus, I wanted to talk to you.” She said.

“Mmm?” I grunted, closing my eyes. I heard her laugh a little bit.

“What do you think we should do?” She asked. I snapped my eyes open and turned to her.

“What do you mean?” I asked. She looked at me pointedly.

“I mean, how do you think we should get out of here?” She continued.

“I have to see how bad it is first. I mean, if it’s not terrible, why should we leave? What do we really have to go back to?” I said. Her eyes widened in disbelief.

“But…but...Cinder! You can’t actually mean you want to stay here!” She exclaimed, sitting up and looking at me. I sat up too, looking her right in the eye.

“Lyric, you need to promise me something.” I whispered.

“…What?” She asked carefully.

“If…if something happens to me, you HAVE to stay here, okay?” I said. She frowned.

“Why? Nothing’s going to happen to you.” She replied, narrowing her eyes.

“Well…just in case. Promise me.” I said. She sighed, but nodded.

“I promise.” She whispered. I pulled her into a hug.

“Thank you. Thank you so much.” I whispered. I don’t know what came over me, but I knew that here, she’d be safe. I didn’t ever want her to be alone, or worse, get hurt trying to run away. Jimmy would protect her here, and if something happened to him, I knew Zacky would.

“On a lighter note, what’s up with you and Zacky?” She asked, nudging my shoulder. I laughed lightly and lay back down.

“There’s just something about him…he makes me feel…I don’t know. Like the prettiest girl in the world. He’s just…amazing.” I sighed. My eyes widened when I realized that I sounded like some lovesick teenager. Oh wait…I was a lovesick teenager. Great.

“I know it sounds creepy, but I think I feel the same way with Jimmy. I just feel…connected to him, I guess. Like we’d do anything for each other, even though we’ve only known each other for a day or two.” She whispered, obviously embarrassed. I smiled, turning to face her.

“Zacky said they’d explain more to us tomorrow. Let’s go to sleep. I’m absolutely exhausted.” I said, snuggling into the covers. She smiled and turned around, pressing her back into mine.

“Night, Cinder.” She whispered.

“Night, Sis.” I whispered back. I sighed, closing my eyes and drifting into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, you lovely, lovely people!