Sequel: The Worst Choice
Status: retired prostitute.

The Best Mistake

Care to speak to my brother?

"Where were you last night?" I asked Nash.

Nash inhaled the smoke deeply, before blowing it out. "A fight. I told you that," he said.

I sighed. "Can you tell me the truth?" I asked. "I called Levi and he said you weren't at a fight. That he'd know if you were."

He chuckled humorlessly. "It was... a different kind of fight," he said.

“What do you mean?”

“Nothing,” he muttered, after a couple seconds of silence.

“Nash,” I warned.

“I’m trying, okay?” he snapped.

“Sorry,” I said quietly.

He stared directly at me for a few seconds, before sighing and taking one last drag of his cigarette then throwing it out, shutting the window. “Are your parents home?”

“No. They’re at work, Aurora is at a friend’s and Alex is out for a couple hours with his grandma,” I explained.

“Not your grandma?”

I shook my head. “No. Alex is my half brother and Aurora’s my step-sister,” I said.

“You don’t have any full siblings or whatever?”

“I do. Aaron; my older brother. He’s in college,” I said.

“Oh,” he said, nodding. “What’s your last name?”

“Munro.” He just nodded. “Do... do you have any siblings?”

“Yeah,” he said, slowly. I waited for him to elaborate, but he stayed silent. He seemed to be far away, although he was sitting a few fit in front of me.

“How old?”

“Eight,” he said.

“Does he live here?” I asked.

He frowned. “No. He lives with my aunt,” he said.

“Why?”

He sighed loudly. “I guess I should’ve expected these kind of questions from you,” he said, causing me to roll my eyes. “I didn’t want him to be around my dad, so I asked my aunt to take care of him. He lives like... two hours away. Somewhere around that.”

“Your dad?” I questioned. “What’s wrong with him?”

“I don’t wanna talk about it,” he murmured, picking the frayed edges of the hole in his jeans. I studied him as he did so. He was sitting with his knees up, frowning slightly, one hand fingering his right bottom lip right and the other picking at his jeans. If I didn’t know him, I would’ve guessed he was a completely nice guy, despite all the issues he clearly has going on in his life.

“Okay,” I said, not being able to continue after hearing the vulnerable tone in his voice. He just continued doing what he was doing, not looking at me. I actually started to feel bad and regret asking him any questions at all. “Nash, I’m sorry.” I wasn’t sure what I was apologizing for, but it felt right to say sorry.

He mumbled something I couldn’t comprehend- which only made me feel worse. I stood on my knees and walked over to him. I hesitantly set my hands on his knees, which made him look up. We stared at each other a little longer, before he leaned up a little bit, reaching his hand to the back of my neck and pulling my face down to his until our lips connected. It wasn’t gentle- because, as I said before, what’s gentle with Nash? - but it wasn’t as rough as it normally was.

I sighed lightly when I felt his tongue run across my bottom lip. My lips parted and his other hand went to my waist, parting his legs as he pulled my closer to him. I tangled my fingers in his hair as his tongue met mine and my heart clenched as I heard a small growl in the back of his throat. His lips left mine and he went straight to my neck, biting and sucking.

“Nash,” I breathed out, intending on telling him he can’t leave a hickey, but I got sidetracked as his teeth scraped my skin. He gripped the skin underneath my shirt, slowly inching his hands upward.

I pulled away when I heard my phone start ringing. I moved to stand up so I can answer it, but Nash’s grip got tighter on my waist. “Ignore it,” he mumbled, his lips trailing further down my neck.

“Nash,” I said in a quick breath. “It could be my mom.” He sighed, pulling away and kissing my lips quickly, before letting me go. I stood up, looking at him as he rested his head against the wall as he breathed heavily. I grabbed my phone, quickly pressing the answer button without answering. “Hello?”

“Ashlyn? It’s me, Levi,” I heard the voice from the other end say.

“Oh, Levi,” I said, looking at Nash. He gave me a confused look. “Hi. What’s up?”

“Not much,” he said. “Did you find Nash?”

“Yeah, he got here last night not long after I talked to you,” I said.

“Okay, is he there?”

“Mmhm.”

“Can I talk to him?”

“Sure,” I said, shrugging. I walked over to him and held the phone out to him.

Looking at me weirdly, he took it. “Hello?... Nowhere. I was nowhere... Look, I’ll talk to you about it later.... Not really. This is why we’ll continue this conversation. Later... Fuck. Okay, I’ll call him back now. Later,” Nash hung up the phone, before looking at me with a slight smile. “Care to speak to my brother?”
♠ ♠ ♠
ASFGHJKL. MAY 15TH. OH MY GOD. THROUGH SIN + SELF DESTRUCTION. OHHMYYYGODDDD. Anywhooooore.
Thank you so much PoetWithoutHerMuse, Cerullis_Creature, Marie13, IceDeath., TrustInFearx, charlie smith, Trig-ger, Shadow14, MerciPorLeVenin, ImJustLaya, MusicLover525, LoveisVintage and Arizona.Beauty. for commenting! <33

Brownie points for anyone who knew what the fuck I was talking about up thereee ^. ;)