If I Was Your Boyfriend

one hundred seventy-one.

‘Scooter, you cannot ask me to keep something like that from him.’ I blink, partially stunned. ‘This will blow up. If he finds out that I knew and didn’t say anything, he’ll feel betrayed.’

‘Look, I’m just asking for some time until I can figure out what the hell Jayde is up to – that’s all I’m asking Chrissy. The only thing that he needs to be worried about right now is opening night.’ Scooter urges folding his arms over his chest, ‘Just give me a couple of days to see if I can handle things before he stresses over it.’

‘If this comes out, it’s all on you.’ I mutter glancing around to see if Justin was coming yet. ‘I had nothing to do with it.’

‘Come on, Chris.’ Justin waves pulling a clothing rack into his dressing room. ‘I have a surprise for you.’

‘Thanks.’ Scooter manages to say before I slip into Justin’s room with him.

‘Okay, so, are you ready?’ Justin taunts, dragging this out as long as possible.

‘Yes. Hurry up!’ I nod eagerly as he snakes around me to wrap his arms around my waist, ‘All of this build up is killing me.’

‘Fine, fine.’ Justin caves leaving my side, ‘you’re no fun.’

I give him a slight push as he slides to the clothing rack. ‘Well, when I designed my tour stuff, I designed a few things for you too.’

‘Really?’ I beam hurrying over to the clothing rack.

‘Uh huh. This is yours.’ He holds a black bomber jacket with Purpose Tour stitched on the back. ‘This is yours.’ A long sleeved white shirt with bright red letters. ‘And this is yours, I think it’s my favorite.’ Justin holds up a jean jacket with Purpose Tour Crew on the back with C. Thorton on the front pocket.

‘I love it so much.’ I smile, immediately going to grab the jean jacket from the rack.

‘I have to take a picture of you.’ Justin is already pulling out his phone before I could object.

@JustinBieber: Purpose Tour Crew. Trying out the new merch with my own personal model. Luckiest guy around lol. #purposetour starts tomorrow – who’s coming?

‘You’re so sweet.’ I smile holding him in my arms. ‘So, what do you say that we get back to the hotel and maybe run a nice, hot bath.’

‘What are we waiting for then?’ He grabs me by my wrist after saying goodnight to his tour stylist and picking up Rocky. We climb into the SUV outside the venue, going unnoticed by fans. ‘I still can’t believe tomorrow’s the first show.’

‘Are you nervous?’

‘Petrified actually.’

‘It’s going to be great, watch.’

Once we make it back to the hotel, Rocky rushes to the corner of the room to scratch frantically in his bed to get the perfect spot. Justin sits back on the bed allowing his head to touch the pillows while calling room service. After kicking out of my shoes I sit on the edge of the tub while it fills up.

‘Scooter, didn’t tell me how things with Jayde. I hope I can put it all behind me now.’ Justin speaks from the other room causing a wave of harsh guilt to wash over me. ‘I mean, how long could it possibly take.’

‘Just have faith in Scooter.’ I manage to say, hoping he’ll drop the subject, ‘he’s a smart, capable guy – I’m sure he knows what he’s doing.’

‘Yeah you’re right. He’s got this.’ Justin calls in return, thankfully not saying anything else about Jayde or Scooter.

During his moment of silence, I force myself under his arm while he smiles looking at the TV. His soft hands run up and down my back absentmindedly. I continuously leave barely-there kisses on his skin until he turns the TV off. Silently, slipping a hand under his shirt to run my fingers across the tattoo on his chest. Justin stiffs out a pleased laugh, pulling his shirt over his head.

Justin’s Point of View
Chrissy smiles happily, knowing she has my undivided attention now. I take one quick glance around the hotel room, immediately remembering our night awhile back in Stratford. I could never forget it. It was something completely new, her calling all of the shots and me following her lead. Her fingers carefully run over all of my tattoos, even the ones I grew to regret over the months. A chill runs down my spine as she leaves a kiss on the “patience” tattoo along my neck.

‘Jay,’ She calls with a taunting smile.

‘Uh huh.’ Was all I could manage to get back out.

‘You’re wearing too much clothes.’ She laughs, making me laugh in the process. This is what I loved about Chrissy taking the lead – she doesn’t take it too seriously.

‘You’re one to talk.’ I comment, poking her thin shirt.



Chrissy’s Point of View

‘Justin!’ I laugh pushing his wet skin as someone knocks on the door for the second time, ‘it’s room service.’

‘They’ll leave it there.’ He shrugs directing his attention back to me.

‘I’m starving!’

‘Alright, alright.’ He rushes over to the counter pulling the hotel’s fluffy white robe over his wet arms. ‘We are definitely finishing this later.’

While he’s gone, I hurry to dry off and throw on one of his shirts from his duffle bag then flop down into the bed. Rocky wags his tail as Justin pours him a fresh bowl of dog food. He brings the tray of food over to the bed before sliding down.

‘Mmm,’ I beam as he hands me my plate, ‘it smells so good.’

Justin nods his head in return, his mouth already filled with food. He uses one free hand to slightly turn down the volume on the TV, repositioning himself in the bed.

‘Know what I just realized?’ Justin questions, a grin already growing on his face.

‘I’m scared to ask but, what?’

‘Hawaii, Paris, Arizona, Stratford, LA, Belize, and now Seattle.’ I immediately feel myself grow warm and fuzzy as Justin names each and every location.

‘We’re only at seven?’

‘You sound disappointed.’ He breaks his gaze with the movie on TV.

‘I don’t know, I sort of feel like it should be more?’ I say half joking.

‘Stay with me on tour and I promise that by the end of it, it’ll be so much more than seven.’

‘I guess we’ll have to see.’ I laugh, knowing that he was completely serious.

‘I’m probably going to have to get to the arena pretty early tomorrow. There’s rehearsals and meet and greets, all that stuff. You don’t have to come until later, if you don’t want to.’ Justin takes his eyes from the screen to glance over at me, ‘it’s completely up to you, I know how boring it can be just sitting around waiting.’

‘I want to go, I’ve missed the whole tour feeling as hectic as it is.’

After Justin finished his food and snuck some of mine, he wraps himself up in the sheets to go to bed. I go to text Scooter wondering if he’s heard anything yet. I was feeling smothered by this latest secret.

‘Baby,’ Justin groans tiredly instantly feeling my absence, ‘what are you doing?’

‘Nothing.’ I murmur, placing my phone on the nightstand to curl up next to him. ‘I was just checking my phone.’

‘Alright. I love you.’

‘I love you too.’ I say turning off the TV to fall asleep.

Justin’s alarm goes off bright and early causing him to excitedly leap out of the bed. While he’s jumping and dancing around, I pull my phone out to record him before going to post the video to Twitter.

@chrissythorton: Purpose Tour starts today!! Is anyone as excited as him? (probably me! See you there tonight!) #PurposeTourSeattle

‘Come on baby, it’s show time!’

I slip into a pair of jeans and one of the Purpose shirts from Justin before doing my hair and make up. Justin sits on the bed, staring at his laptop, from what I could see he was on Twitter.

‘Nice video.’ He smiles turning around to face me. ‘Wow, my merch never looked better.’

‘Gotta represent my amazing boyfriend, right?’ My stomach tightens, noticing I had a new text from Scooter.

No, nothing yet. I’m still working on it. Just keep his mind on the tour thanks. – Scooter.

I sigh, deleting the conversation completely just in case Justin were to use my phone later. I look over to admire him, I could see how excited he was for the tour to start. I definitely didn’t want to be the person that interfered with his happiness. I just hope that Scooter knows what he’s doing.