If I Was Your Boyfriend

sixty-three.

‘What do you mean exactly?’ I questioned in whisper to Danielle.

‘I think you know exactly what I mean.’ She whispered back as Justin stomped down the stairs.

‘I’m back. Garrett how about I whoop you in some NBA 2k13.’ Justin smirked proudly turning on his play station.

‘You’re on.’ Garrett challenged. Danielle and I sat in the love seat together watching them play the game. Justin sat in front of me as I rubbed his shoulders while he played. ‘I love you… so much.’ Justin smiled pleased.

‘He just melted into your hands.’ Danielle leaned over. Justin turned around to eye her with a small smile. ‘How?’

‘The magic of a massage.’ I informed her rubbing into Justin’s shoulders.

‘She gives the best.’ Justin groaned still playing his game. ‘Not even kidding.’ For the remainder of the day we all sat around watching movies and eating until Justin dropped everyone off. ‘Goodnight baby.’

‘Goodnight Jay.’

‘Jay? I like that.’ Justin grinned holding my hands in his.

‘You like everything I call you. I think you’re just being nice.’

‘No. Everything just sounds good coming from those lips.’ He kissed me pulling me in for a hug. ‘I’ll call you.’

‘You better.’ I kissed his cheek then headed into the house. Immediately my mom and Jeff rushed over to me with the help of Rocky.

‘Sweetie! How’s my baby?’

‘Mom.’ I laughed slightly, ‘it’s alright. Things happen.’ For the rest of the night Jeff and my mom eyed me closely as if I was going to break out in tears at any minute. I said my goodnights and headed upstairs with Rocky.

~*~

I was in the airport with my mom, Jeff, Danielle, my hair and makeup team, Paul (security), Garrett, Nikki (publicist), Jackie (stylist), and Chloe (manager). ‘He said he would be here.’ I looked around for Justin.

‘You’re going to miss the flight.’ Nikki looked at her watch.

‘You can’t wait for much longer.’ Chloe chimed in. I frowned looking through all the people in the airport. I was going to be gone for two weeks with Danielle, Chloe, Nikki, and Jackie while we were on my press run for the movie. Last night we had the LA premiere for the movie which went, well. I thought back when I arrived with Justin, who dressed in a black tux and a white tie. I remember when he came to my house so we could ride together.

You’re beautiful. He smiled even though I had a black boot on my foot. His hair was slicked back making him that more attractive. We went to the premiere with my mom and Jeff, Paul, and Danielle and Garrett. Once we arrived I spotted that Selena was already there. I still remembered the stunt she pulled at the TCA about a week ago. How could I forget? Every other magazine article had my face plastered across it.

Chrissy Thorton: Deer in Headlights

Selena Gomez Saves Co-Star Thorton

I trended on Twitter for hours. The video of my freezing was all over YouTube, it was in the popular tab. I felt like a contestant of Miss America who froze on stage in the question round. Justin came over every single day for the last couple of days since he wouldn’t be going with me on the press run. He was planning on staying in and out the studio for the next couple of weeks for his next album even though was on a “break”. Justin couldn’t help but go to the studio every day, he was addicted. Danielle and I weren’t going to let these next few weeks pass without getting Selena back. She was bringing a couple of friends with her so this was going to be interesting.

‘Chrissy we have to go.’ Chloe chimed in crashing into my reminiscing.

‘Fine.’ I gave in, going to type Justin a new text telling I couldn’t stay any longer. ‘Bye momma. Bye Jeff.’ I hugged each of them, ‘Garrett I’ll take care of her.’ I laughed hugging him as well. We began walking to our terminal, first stop NYC. I waved to my family once more as Paul guided me through the airport.

‘Chrissy! Wait!’ Justin jogged over to us holding a bright bouquet of daisies in his palm. I hurried out of line wrapping my arms around his neck. ‘I’m sorry I’m late. The florists got these fresh for me then there was traffic coming off the highway.’ I pressed my lips on his still holding onto him.

‘I love you. They’re perfect.’

‘Then they’re just like you huh. I love you too baby. And I’ll see you soon.’

‘I’ll see you soon Justin.’ We kissed each other countless times more before finally pulling apart.

‘Have a safe flight! Text me as soon as you land.’

‘I will!’ I waved by once more before following behind my team and in front of Paul. On the plane we were escorted to our seats. I sat in between Danielle and Paul while Nikki, Chloe, and Jackie sat behind us.

‘New York City, here we come!’ Danielle beamed bouncing in her seat. Paul was on his iPad looking at the world news, as he always did. I put my earphones in and turned on my music. Fall by Justin came on causing me to smile, ‘you have your own boyfriend on your phone?’ Danielle pulled the earphone out of my ear.

‘Of course.’ I shrugged taking it back from her and reclining in my seat. I smelled my flowers and carefully laid them on my lap. Hours later we landed in NYC and hurried off the plane. The JFK airport was busy and crowded as always. We made it through to the car that was waiting for us to take us to the hotel.

Hey babe just letting you know I made it I love you – Chrissy.

I love you too baby knock em dead – Justin.

We arrived at the hotel I would be staying at for a few days and went inside. Selena would be flying in soon after me since we would be up tonight doing press interviews together. I went up to my room and took a shower then got changed. My “glam team” came in and did my hair then makeup and Jackie gave me my outfit for the day. I tweeted a selfie

@ChrissyThorton: interview time!

‘Chrissy, we’re going to have it set up in Selena’s room okay?’ Chloe inquired looking down.

‘No. Why can’t the interviews be in here?’ I inquired. Chloe eyed me for a minute then left out the room with Nikki. They came back about five minutes later.

‘The interviews are going to be in a room upstairs so there shouldn’t be any problems.’

‘Yeah like the problem at the Teen Choice Awards.’ I scoffed turning back to the mirror. Chloe and Nikki exchanged confused expressions but continued to talk. Half an hour later Paul escorted me up the elevator to a room in the middle of the hall. There was a handful of fans outside the door so Selena must already be in here. I politely waved to them and stepped inside the room with Danielle. In the corner Selena was sitting down on the floor with her cousin and best friend. They turned their heads to look at us as we came into the room.

‘I’m watching you two.’ Paul warned in a hushed tone to Danielle and I. Danielle playfully fanned Paul off when he turned his back to talk to the camera crew.

‘We’re not going to do anything illegal.’ I laughed with Paul. He shook his head trying to hold back a smile.

‘Selena. Chrissy. Can you two come and sit down now? The first interviewer is about to start in a few minutes and we need to get you guys ready.’ I made it to the two chairs first and sat down on the left where I was hooked up with a microphone. Chloe and Nikki watched from the back with Selena’s managers and friends. From the corner of my eye I could see Selena staring slightly in my direction. ‘Alright we’re bringing the first interviewer in girls.’ I crossed my leg in the seat looking down at my boot on my foot. An older woman came in and sat down across from us. She informed us where she was from and how it would be posted on to YouTube. Then the interviewing started.

‘I’m here with both Chrissy Thorton and Selena Gomez. Can I just say thank you for taking the time out to talk to me this afternoon. And I know you have a lot of interviews to do tonight. How are you ladies today?’

‘I’m good.’ I answered, ‘doing really good. I love being in New York.’

‘I’m good as well.’ Selena chimed in, slightly annoyed.

‘Chrissy, I have to talk about it- the incident at the TCAs. How’d you manage to get through that?’ she asked nervously looking over to Chloe and Nikki who were already moving their hands across their throats.

‘No. no. It’s fine.’ I assured them turning back to the interviewer, ‘my boyfriend, Justin.’ I stated simply with a smile on my face. Selena shifted over uncomfortably in her seat. Interviews: Chrissy 1 – Selena 0.