If I Was Your Boyfriend

sixty-seven.

‘What is he doing?’ Danielle leans over and whispers into my ear. Nicholas spots us and waves with a friendly smile. I wave back, politely.

‘I don't know.’ I say back to her. My heart pounds as we get to the end of the carpet where he's standing.

‘Congratulations on the movie.’ He thrusts the bouquet of flowers towards me with a friendly smile.

‘I..’ My voice trails off as I look into his hopeful eyes.

‘She has a boyfriend. Maybe you've heard of him.’ Danielle states before I could say anything else.

‘Oh.’ Nicholas nods several times.

‘Yeah, it wouldn't be right of me to accept those.’ I hand the bouquet of flowers back to him.

‘Your boyfriend's a lucky lad.’

‘Thank you for coming though. I'm sure I could get you a pass if you want to stay.’

‘As if I haven't made a big enough idiot of myself as it is tonight. I'm going to head out enjoy your night though.’

‘Thanks.’ I nod before walking off with Danielle and the crew.

‘Well wasn't he wasn't weird?’ Danielle whispers into my ear.

‘Stop.’ I shake my head, ‘he was nice but I'm taken.’

‘Who hasn't heard of Justin?!’ Danielle scoffs glancing back at Nicholas who was making his way out of the line. I sigh and pose for more pictures.

~*~

@chrissythorton: thank u London! I am blown away with all the love you've given me. See u soon Paris! MWAH!

I put my phone away before we were on our way to Paris for more promo. It was still late in here in London, 2:45AM to be exact. I zip my purse and close the hotel room door. ‘I'm gonna miss that room.’ Danielle drags herself out of the room.

‘Me too. I love it here.’ I agree standing beside Paul as we walk to the elevator. ‘Did you enjoy it Paul?’

‘I could've gotten used to it.’ He replies simply. I laugh shaking my head leaning against the rail in the elevator. I stop for the fans camping outside the hotel for pictures before saying goodbye. We arrive at the airport and find a spot in the corner.

the days are passing so fast. i cant wait to get back to you. I miss you so much - Chrissy.

Soon a reply comes.

i miss you too beautiful. we'll see each other before you know it - Justin.

how's the studio? - Chrissy.

it's good. stayin the night here with Rocky lol - Justin.

aw i miss my baby! - Chrissy.

i miss you too (; - Justin.

I meant Rocky :p - Chrissy.

Justin and I text for a while longer before I have to board the plane and he goes to sleep. I look outside the dark window as the plane takes off. Several hours later we were in Paris. The city of love. I remember coming here with Justin. He asked me to be his girlfriend on the Eiffel Tower. ‘Danielle!’ I shake her, ‘let me see your phone!’

‘Where’s yours?’ she grumbles in her sleep. She wasn’t the nicest when you disturb her sleep.

‘Dead. Please.’ I shake her again. She hands it to me and I quickly punch in her passcode and go to the calendar on her phone. ‘It’s the 27th tomorrow.’

‘When’s the 27th?’ she wonders.

‘The day Justin and I got together. This will make a full six months!’

‘Really?’ she wonders blinking at me, ‘you’ve been with Justin for six months? It doesn’t seem like it.’

‘Yeah I know. Time’s gone by so fast. Half a year with Justin.’

‘You’ve never broken up, have you?’

‘Never.’ I reply immediately.

‘I guess it is half a year then. Congratulations.’

‘Thank you.’ I laugh. We arrive at our hotel and get out of the van. Pap’s flocked us as we tried to get out of the car. Paul grabbed me with one hand and Danielle had my other. I was pulled inside of the hotel and to the front desk.

‘We’ll need something done about them outside.’ Paul said in his most serious tone. He began discussing plans with the hotel security and manager. Chloe and Nikki went to check us in while Danielle and I looked out a window. From the distance we could see the Eiffel tower, which was still beautiful.

Landed! Being in Paris makes me think of you. I love you – Chrissy.

Justin doesn’t respond so he’s probably sleeping or something. ‘Come on Chrissy.’ Nikki waves at me. Danielle and I follow to the elevator while Paul goes out with the security to get our luggage. ‘Interviews today and you’ll have tomorrow off.’ She informs me.

‘Good maybe I could Skype with Justin.’ I reply. Nearly as soon as I get into the room the glam team fixes my hair and makeup. Half an hour later the first interviewer comes in.

‘Thank you for meeting with me. I know you just land in here in Paris. How do you like it? Is it your first time here or no?’

‘No it’s not.’ I answer, ‘I came here a while ago with my boyfriend, Justin. I love Paris. It’s so beautiful just like the people. It’s really great here and the food is incredible.’

‘How was the trip the last time?’

‘It was incredible. If he sees this he’ll probably be embarrassed so sorry Justin. He brought me to Paris and we went on a date on top of the Eiffel Tower. He sung this beautiful song and asked me to be his girlfriend and we’ve been together ever since.’

‘Swoon.’ She laughs, ‘he sounds incredible.’

‘Believe me, he is.’ I laugh too.

‘How do you guys make it work? He’s this famous singer and you’re an up and coming actress? I mean you have to miss him constantly, don’t you?’

‘I miss him all the time when we’re not together. It is hard, I won’t deny that but when you have someone who makes you so happy and is so good for you, it’s always worth it. We make it work through technology.’ I pause to let out a small laugh, ‘texting, tweeting, e-mailing, skyping. That’s how we make it work.’ A long day after interviews were over I call my mom.

‘How’s my baby?’ she asks. I can’t help but stiff out a laugh at her choice of words.

‘I’m good mom. How are you? How’s Jeff?’

‘We’re doing great. We saw the video you posted.’

‘You did?’ I burst out into a fit of laughter, ‘amazing right?’

‘Jeff and I were very proud.’ She laughs as well. We talk until I go to bed. The next morning I wake up and immediately check my phone for messages.

Six months ago today you made me on the luckiest guys on the earth. Every day I’m still amazed how I got lucky enough to have you in my life. I could think of a hundred reasons why I chose you but I can’t think of any for why you chose me. You’re the most incredible girl in the world and you’re so talented. I’m so proud of you Chrissy. I hope you succeed so far in life and take every opportunity that comes your way because you deserve it all. You deserve the world. I thank God for you being in my life every single day. You make me so happy and so complete. Words can’t explain how much I care for you. You are worth more than all the love in the world. You are everything to me. I miss you and I love you so so so so much baby. Happy 6 month anniversary! – Justin.

Tears made their way down my cheeks as I began sending a reply.

You cant think of a hundred reasons why I chose you but I can think of a thousand. I love everything about you from your eyes to the kindest of your heart. If someone told me a year ago that I would be dating you, I wouldn’t believe it. You’re the guy I’ve waited for from when I thought boys had germs. You are the guy of my dreams and I’m so grateful that I have found you Justin. I didn’t think I would be one of those girls who couldn’t live without their boyfriend but here I am. I don’t want to be with anyone else, only you. No one could ever compare to you Justin. They wouldn’t even come close. You are the light of my life. My reason for waking up every morning. Cheesy but true. I love you babe! – Chrissy.

‘Chrissy, what’s wrong?’ Danielle asks emerging from the shower. I show her the message and she wraps her arms around me. ‘He’s so sweet. How about we go shopping you and can get a gift for him.’

‘That is a great idea.’ I agree, ‘just let me shower.’ I finish with my shower then get dressed so we leave the hotel room. At my feet are a bouquet of white and pink roses in a vase.

‘Is that from Nicholas again?’ Danielle jokes as I bend over to retrieve the flowers.

Just because I love you. – Justin.

‘No they’re from Justin.’ I smile placing them in the room and closing the door. ‘I wonder how he knew what hotel I was at.’

‘All he would have to do is calling Nikki.’ Danielle shrugs me off.

‘True.’ I shrug as well and we go get Paul. We’re walking in the streets of Paris with Paul and other security guards trailing behind us. ‘What should I get him?’ Danielle points to a store across the road. Victoria’s Secret. ‘Wouldn’t that be more for me?’ I ask in a hushed tone since there were five large men behind us.

‘Trust me. It would be for him.’ She smirks through a whisper. I roll my eyes at her and ignore her statement.

‘I got him a watch for Christmas. He hasn’t said anything that he wants lately.’

‘You cant go wrong with Victoria’s Secret.’ She singsongs lowly.

‘Shut up.’ I laugh nudging her. We went into an electronic store instead. I stop in front of one of those electronic picture frames that keep changing. ‘How about this?’

‘I like it.’ Danielle agrees.

‘Hi, welcome.’ A worker walks over to us. ‘Could I help you guys?’

‘I want this.’ I point, ‘how do I load the pictures?’

‘We could load pictures here. All you need is your phone.’

‘How long will it take?’ I wonder.

‘We’ll have it ready in an hour.’

‘Cool. I’ll just go shop around and I’ll be back.’ I nod before leaving the store. We end up in Victoria’s Secret for some reason looking around. I stop at their hoodies and yoga pants. Paul and the other four men awkwardly hover over us as we walk through the store. They’re obviously uncomfortable. ‘Paul, you could go to that store next door. I’ll meet you there.’

‘Danielle, call my number if anything happens.’ Paul and the others scurry out of the store.

‘You should buy that.’ She points to a mannequin dressed in black lace lingerie.

‘No.’ I cough out, ‘no thank you.’ Danielle laughs while I stay in the PINK section of the store looking at water bottles, backpacks, and phone cases. I could never see myself in anything like that. Ever. I would just end up looking so awkward and weird. No. We shop at Brandy Melville and Forever 21 before heading back to the electronic shop. ‘Thanks so much.’ I say after paying them, ‘he’s going to love it. I hope.’ It was already night when we made it back to the hotel.

‘Let’s go.’ Danielle pulls me up after an hour.

‘Go where?’ I ask confused.

‘I want to see the Eiffel Tower.’ She replies. ‘Please.’

‘Dani.’ I whine laying on the bed, ‘I’m tired.’

‘Aw come on. Who knows when I’ll get to come to Paris again?’

‘I’ll bring you next weekend.’ I laugh still laying down.

‘Please Chris.’ She pleads. I sigh and agree. Paul drives us to the Eiffel Tower and helps me all the way to the top. ‘Wow. It’s so pretty here.’

‘This is where Justin and I were for our date six months ago.’ I point.

‘Right there?’ she asks.

‘Right there.’ I nod.

‘Call Justin.’ She states.

‘Why?’

‘I want to talk to him for a second.’

‘Okay.’ I dial Justin and waits as it rings. A familiar upbeat ring fills my ears. I look around still with the phone pressed to my ear. Justin steps from behind the wall with a smile on his face. ‘J-justin?’ I croak, surprised.

‘It’s me.’ He laughs extending his arms out. I hurry over to him and jump into his arms. ‘Happy six month anniversary.’