Status: Updates on Wednesdays!

Forget About It

The Party Scene Has Got The Best Of Me

“I can’t believe that you seriously dragged me here.” I groaned as Adrienne pulled my wrist across the front yard of the house.

“Oh shut up, you used to love these sorts of parties, remember?” Adrienne rolled her eyes.

“I’ve changed, Ad.” I sighed as we walked in the front door of the house. I felt my whole body vibrate as the bass of the music playing went straight through me.

“I highly doubt you’ve changed that much, Cor. Now I’ve got to go find Rian. Go get a drink or something. Live a little, just like the old days.” She smiled and gave me a quick hug before she disappeared into the crowd.

“In the old days I had Daniel.” I muttered aloud even though no one could possibly hear me over the noise. I sighed and made my way into the kitchen where copious amounts of liquor were lying about. I went straight to the tequila and poured myself a shot. Tequila always got me the best, and I was kind of thinking this would be a night to forget. The last party I had been to at the Dawson’s house was one of the best nights of my life.

“Do you want to go outside or something?” Daniel whispered in my ear causing a shiver to go down my spine. I only nodded as he intertwined our fingers and pulled me out to the gazebo in the backyard.

As soon as we were alone, his lips were on mine and my hands shot up to tug at his dark brown locks, very similar to Alex’s. Alex had certainly looked good that day at school. I shook the thoughts about Alex away as I continued to kiss Daniel. Just as I was about to let him gain entrance into my mouth, he pulled away and smiled nervously.

“What was that for, Danny?” I slurred as I poked him lightly in the chest.

“Be my girlfriend.” He grinned. It wasn’t a question, it was almost a demand. But I didn’t mind at all because it was Daniel Gaskarth asking me out. The boy I had had a crush on since the seventh grade was asking me to be his girlfriend. I giggled and nodded my head before connecting our lips again.


I forced away the tears that were forming in the back of my eyes and poured myself a few more shots before I stumbled out to the makeshift dance floor which was really just Rian’s living room floor. The feeling of grinding on the other bodies around me was intoxicating itself, especially when two rough hands gripped my hips and pulled me close.

I leaned back and let my body move to the same rhythm as the person behind me. Finally, I turned around to face my mysterious dance partner only to be met with a familiar smirk.

“It’s nice to see you again, C.” Zack smirked as he leaned in close so I could hear him well.

“Same with you, Z.” I reciprocated the smirk with a playful smile, “You’re looking good.” I looked down at his shirtless body to see that he had a nice six-pack forming.

“As are you.” Zack winked, “So what have you been up to?”

“A little bit of this, a little bit of that.” I shrugged as I wrapped my arms around Zack’s neck and his arms tightened around my waist, “Say Zack, I have a question.”

“Hmm?” Zack hummed in my ear. He shot me a puzzled look that urged me to continue.

“Are you still an herbal man?” I asked and I bit my lip. I watched as his eyes momentarily flickered to my lips before he focuses on what I had been asking.

He let out a soft chuckle and pressed his lips to my ear, “Come find me later, alright?” We’ll go get some fresh air together.” We pulled away from each other and he placed a kiss on my forehead before we both went our separate ways. I somehow managed to find my way back to the kitchen, looking past the alcohol this time and stared straight at the back door of the kitchen which led to the deck area, which subsequently led to the gazebo in the backyard.

I let out a shaky breath as I walked outside and sat on one of the chairs looking out into the backyard. A few couples were wandering around together and you could faintly hear their laughter every once and a while, but I wasn’t really paying attention. My eyes were focused elsewhere at the place a gazebo once stood. Now there stood a fancy pool house right next to the pool that the Dawson’s must have recently added.

I hastily reached into my pockets and pulled out my pack of cigarettes and a lighter. As soon as I had the small stick in my mouth, I was immediately calmed, if only just slightly.

I heard someone open and close the porch door quietly, even though it didn’t really help them go unnoticed since the music got extremely loud for a second before becoming muffled once again. I felt someone sit down next to me, but I didn’t even have to look at them to know exactly who it was.

“Smoking will kill you, Corinna.” Alex acknowledged.

“Good.” I retorted as I continued to stare at the pool house. We were silent for a few moments, and it was almost peaceful until Alex cleared his throat apprehensively.

“Why are you back?” He asked abruptly.

“Excuse me?” I turned my head to look at him, but he was looking off at the pool house too instead of looking at me.

“Why are you here, Corinna?” I was doing just fine without you around. And now… and now you come back and ruin everything that I’ve worked so hard to build up.”

“What exactly is it that you’ve worked so hard to build, Alex?” I glared at him, “Please elaborate for me. I’d love to hear all about it, really. Is it your notable and oh-so-glorious reputation as a womanizer that I am jeopardizing? Yes, that is something to be really proud of. You really are following in Daniel’s footsteps.”

“Shut up Corinna! Just shut the fuck up!” Alex screamed as he looked at me with painful eyes, “Leave Daniel out of this and leave me alone! I hate you.” The last three words came out in a whisper which made them hurt more than if they had been screamed. The sincerity in his voice had always cut through me like a knife.

“I’m not trying to stand in your way, Alex. Believe me, I want just as little to do with you as you want to do with me.” I sighed as I stood up and brushed myself off. I took the remnants of my cigarette and disposed of it in the ash tray sitting on the table, “I’ll just be going then.”

I didn’t even bother to look back at him as I walked into the house. The conversation with Alex had really sobered me up and I needed to find Zack.

Luckily, Zack wasn’t too hard to find. He was in the kitchen pouring himself a mixed drink.

“Want me to play bartender?” Zack winked at me.

“No thanks.” I laughed, “But I would love some of that fresh air we were talking about earlier.” I hinted at him. His grin grew a little wider and he grabbed my hand pulling me out on the back porch once again. Alex had already disappeared again to which I was extremely grateful.

“Where are we going?” I asked once we had walked out of Rian’s backyard and into the woods.

“You’ll see in just a second.” Zack said. Even though it was dark, I could still see the smirk playing at his lips causing me to blush a little, “Here we are.” He said as he stopped suddenly, causing me to crash into his backside.

“The old clearing!” I gasped suddenly as I sat down at my old claimed spot on the ground, “I forgot all about this place.”

Zack let out a soft laugh as he pulled out a small bag filled with weed. He set it down on the old tree stump we always had used as a table and rolled us a couple of joints.

“Got a light?” He asked as he handed me my share. I nodded and pulled out my plastic red lighter and handed it to him willingly before I put the joint in my mouth and let him light it for me.

After taking a few hits, I was already feeling more relaxed. I looked at Zack who lazily moved over next to me and I smiled softly.

“I’m glad you’re back.” Zack admitted, “It’s been weird without you around.”

“I’m sure you managed just fine.” I smiled and give him a small hug. When I pulled away he left one of his arms wrapped around me loosely.

“Yeah, it’s just… we’ve- I’ve missed you.” Zack forced out as he stared into my eyes. I was beginning to count the red cracks in the whites of his eyes when his lips crashed into mine. I could taste the mix of weed and alcohol on his breath which drew me in more as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pushed myself closer to his body. His tongue went across my lips slowly asking for entry and I happily obliged.

On and on, reckless abandon… my phone began to play Blink-182 over and over which could only mean that someone was calling me. I groaned and pulled away reluctantly before I checked the screen to see that Adrienne was the one disturbing my make out session.

“I’m sorry, Zack.” I frowned as I answered the phone. I quivered when Zack’s lips went to my neck and collar bone. I tried to concentrate on Adrienne’s voice as she rambled and slurred about being drunk and wanting to go home. After she hung up I turned to Zack, “I really hate to cut this short, but do you think that you could walk me back to Rian’s? I have to take Adrienne home.”

Zack frowned but nodded his head in agreement, “I can do that.”

“Thanks Zack.” I smiled as he helped me to my feet and we walked back to the house. When we got there, almost everyone was already gone, except for the people too drunk to get home.

“Cory, Gory, Lorie, Maury!” Adrienne cackled once she saw me, “Come take me home!”

“Oh no, Addie there is absolutely no way in Hell that I am facing the wrath of your mother when you stumble home drunk as fuck. You’re staying at my house.” I laughed, “Let’s go.”

“Wee! Slumber party!” She giggled, “Oh hey Zacky!” I couldn’t help but to laugh as Zack picked her up and threw her over his shoulder like it was nothing. “Zacky, you have a cute butt.”

“Thanks for noticing Adrienne.” Zack winked at me, “At least someone acknowledges it.” He placed her in the passenger seat of my car before he turned to me. “It was really nice seeing you again, Cor. Hopefully I will get to again soon?”

“Possibly,” I shrugged my shoulders playfully, “We’ll have to see.” I grinned and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before I got in my car and started on the short drive home.

Maybe coming back home wouldn’t be such a huge mistake after all. But good things never do last long.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters posted in one day, I am on a roll. I hope you enjoy!