Status: Updates on Wednesdays!

Forget About It

Break Down, You've Always Been So Proud

Going to school on Monday was hell. The only good thing about it was that the rumors about me had finally died down and I could finally blend into the background. Being invisible to the student body was something I had become exceptionally good at the past two years. It was much easier than being in the spotlight all the time, trying to look and act perfect for everyone, which was the way I had spent my entire freshman year of school. Of course, when you're dating the most popular boy in school, looking and acting perfect is a requirement.

“I’m sorry Miss Weir, was I disturbing you?” Mrs. Gates sneered in second period that day.

“No Ma’am.” I shook my head and smiled politely, “I was just admiring the décor.” The rest of the room began to snicker causing her face to turn a dark red color.

“Well, Miss Weir, since you think you are such the comedian, you can be partnered with Mr. Barakat on this next partner assignment.” She frowned.

“Yes!” Jack exclaimed, “Thank you Mrs. G-Spot!”

“But Mrs. Gates, please!” I begged, “No!”

“That is my final answer, Miss Weir. Now class, the rest of you pair up and decide what you will be doing. As for Jack and Corinna, you two should probably figure out what the assignment actually is first.” She jeered.

“Howdy partner.” Jack said in a terrible southern accent as he sat down next to me, “Now you’ve got to talk to me!”

“Fantastic.” I rolled my eyes, “What exactly do we need to do, Jack?”

“We need to discuss Friday, that’s what we need to do Cory.” He wriggled his eyebrows suggesting that he knew all about what had happened this weekend.

“Why should I tell you, Jack?” I crossed my arms over my chest and scowled at him.

“Because we are best friends, that’s why.” He said as if it should be obvious to me.

“Correction, Jack. We were best friends, we aren’t anymore.” I reminded him, “Therefore, I don’t have to tell you anything.

“Well I refuse to work on this project with you until we discuss it.” Jack stuck out his tongue at me.

“Fine.” I sighed with defeat, “What exactly do you want to know?”

“How you managed to piss off Alex already, that is what I want to know.” Jack said with an intent look in his eyes.

“I really don’t know.” I shrugged, “He just came up to me and basically started yelling at me to get lost and that he hated me.”

“He doesn’t hate you.” Jack rolled his eyes, “He’s still just upset about everything.”

“Does he think I’m not upset too?” I raised my voice slightly, “Daniel was my boyfriend Jack. He wasn’t just some random guy off the street to me.”

Jack shook his head and looked me in the eye, “That’s not it at all. It’s just that- well, never mind. Look, what I am trying to say is that Alex will come around. Especially if him and Candace stay broken up this time.”

Jack’s last words really caught my attention, “Alex and Candace..?”

“Yeah, it shocked us all. We all knew he always had a thing for… someone else. Then suddenly they were all over each other like… two things that are always all over each other. They’ve dated on and off since sophomore year, always breaking up because they catch one another cheating. That Candace is a real bitch, how the hell were you ever friends with her?”

“She was different back then. Or maybe I was the one that was different, I’m not too sure.” I admitted, “Can we please change the subject?”

“Sure. We can talk about you and Zack.” Jack winked, “He told me about your kiss.”

“I almost forgot about that.” I blushed, “It was a weird night.”

“So do you like wittle Zackykins?” Jack cooed playfully, “You can tell Jacky.”

“I should slap you.” I laughed, “And I don’t really know. I don’t want anything real serious right now though, that is for sure.”

“Well Zack is a really serious guy.” Jack warned as he gave me the look I knew far too well.

“I know, I know.” I groaned, “You sound like my mother, Jack.”

“Maybe I am your mother!” He exclaimed. Suddenly the bell rang, causing him to scream and the room to erupt in laughter. I waited for Jack to collect his detention slip before we made our way to our final class together, third period.

“Oh shit.” Jack muttered as he walked into the room.

“What?” I wrinkled my nose in confusion at him, but as soon as I turned around I knew exactly why he had said it.

“Took you long enough to get here, Bitch.” Candace sneered from my desk, “I’m going to be late for class now.”

“What do you want, Candace?” I asked sounding extremely bored, “I really don’t have time for you.”

“I need you to listen!” She screeched, “Just because Alex and I are on a break, doesn’t mean you can come back here and expect that you two are getting into a relationship. I heard about you two being all over each other at the party. Back off of my man.”

“Look Candace,” I raised my voice. It didn’t really matter if I was quiet or loud, everyone in the room was already listening in whether they were admitting it or not. “I could really give a shit about you or ‘your’ man. But you should really invest in some lackeys without a less than average brain size so they can convey some accurate information back to you.”

“Whatever, you skank.” She spat, “Just keep away from Alex. You’ve already caused one Gaskarth brother to kill himself; we don’t need to lose another.”

“You inconsiderate little bitch!” Jack shouted from the back of the room. Through my teary-eyed vision, I could see someone trying to hold Jack back from hitting her. I looked back at Candace’s smug smile and just turned on my heel, walking out of the classroom and out of the building.

When I reached the back lot where I spent a good amount of time my first day, I pulled out my pack of cigarettes and lit one up. When I finished that one, I lit up another and I sat there silently as tears streamed down my face.

“Smoking will kill you, Corinna.” Alex said as he sat down next to me.

“Good.” I said as I took another hit and held the smoke inside until my lungs began begging for oxygen again. I finally released all the smoke into the surrounding air, causing Alex to cough.

“You shouldn’t do so much harm to your body, Rinna.” He said. I cringed when he used the old nickname that both he and Daniel used to use.

“You want to know why I smoke Alex?” I turned to look him straight in the eyes. Once again, his eyes conveyed little emotion to me. It was as if he turned off his happy emotions whenever I was around him. What I would give to see the sparkle of happiness in them again. His bliss had always been contagious. I paused and Alex grunted in response, encouraging me to carry on. I took a deep breath and then continued, “Because every cigarette I finish is one closer to me seeing Daniel again.”

“Daniel wouldn’t have wanted that.” Alex whispered as he looked up at the clouds. I watched as he stood up and walked back towards the building. “Look Corinna, I’m really sorry about Candace. I heard about what she said to you. It was a real bitch move, even I wouldn’t say something like that to you, and I fucking hate your guts.”

“Right back at you.” I muttered as I put out my cigarette, “Hey Alex?” I began to ask, but when I looked up he was no longer there.

When did little Gaskarth become so confusing?
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, okay. So I decided on Tuesday I was going to update every Wednesday, but I never updated yesterday... so.... yeah. So here's the next chapter! But yes, enjoy. Maybe comment or something. I'm not going to be one of those posters who will not post the next chapter unless I get comments, but I would appreciate it if you commented. :)

Insert appropriate transition here:
A special thanks to exceptnotreally for the comment! :)

Sidenote; I'm on Spring Break as of R I G H T N O W, so I will probably post the next chapter a little early since on Wednesday I will be in NYC.

- Sommer x