Status: Updates on Wednesdays!

Forget About It

It's Funny How We've Grown Apart, Since You've Burned Me From The Start

“Alex!” I shouted as I tried to catch up with him in the hallway at school, “Dammit, Alex! Slow the fuck down!”

“What do you want?” He growled as he stopped and turned to face me. If it weren’t for my quick reflexes, I probably would have run straight into him.

“I… I just wanted to thank you for the other night.” I flushed bright red, “You really helped me out.”

“Don’t mention it.” Alex shrugged before he turned back around to continue down the hall. It was then that I noticed the stiches on his forearm where Donnie must have cut him. The guys weren't kidding when they said he went to the hospital.

“Oh, your arm! Alex, I’m really sorry.” I gasped as I stared at it in shock. It looked really painful, and I was actually surprised that Alex would fight for me like that after everything that had happened between us.

“I said, don’t mention it!” He snapped before he hurried off in the other direction once again. I watched him walk a little ways away before I gave up and headed back down the hall to my class. Alex Gaskarth was one confusing asshole.

“Cory!” Jack called from one of the lockets he was standing in front of that I assumed was his own from all the papers sticking out from underneath the closed metal door. He waved and ran over to me before slamming straight into my chest, most likely on purpose.

“What do you want Jack?” I rolled my eyes. Even though I had been getting along great with him and the others lately, minus Alex, I still wasn’t used to having him hang around all the time.

“Have you thought about the project we have to do any?” He asked as we headed down the hall to our first period class.

“We don’t even know what the project is on, idiot.” I rolled my eyes, “Neither of us were paying any attention, that’s why she paired us together, remember?”

“Oh, right.” Jack laughed as we walked in the room and took our seats, “I totally forgot. Hey Alex.”

“Hey.” Alex grunted at his best friend before he turned to look at the front of the room. While Jack continued to chatter on and on about how we need to figure out what our project was on so we could start it, I took the time to further examine Alex’s wounded arm. The cut looked extremely deep and sore. I felt terrible and slightly guilty when I saw him wince as he moved his arm to write down notes – wait, when did Alex ever start taking notes?

“Cory, are you even listening to me?” Jack asked as he nudged me.

I looked up at his face that was red with anguish about me not paying attention to him and I let out a giggle, “Sorry Jack, I wasn’t.”

“Will you two be quiet?” Alex hissed as he glared at the two of us, “Some of us are trying to learn.”

I was about to comment back before Mr. Klinect interjected, “Alex and Cory, maybe you two would like to continue this discussion after class in detention?”

“No sir.” We both said as Jack tried to hold in his laughter at the two of us getting in trouble seeing as he got off Scott free.

“I don’t think you two understand.” He grinned maniacally, “You will both be in here tomorrow afternoon for your detention.”

“What!” Alex protested, “You’re fucking kidding me.”

“Did you really just curse in my class, Mr. Gaskarth?” Mr. K scowled, “For you, a week.” He looked over at me and I could tell what was coming, “You better wipe that smirk off your face Corinna or you will be joining him for those six extra days of detention.”

“Yes sir.” I mumbled as I sat back in my seat. I looked over at Alex who was seething in his seat. It looked as if at any moment he was going to jump up and attack me. I don’t know why, it wasn’t my fault he got detention for a week. That was all his own doing. I guess in a way, I was sort of a catalyst to Alex’s outburst. He kept telling me to leave him alone, but for some reason I wouldn’t listen. Why can’t I just listen? Before I could think about it anymore, the bell rang for next period and I hurried out the door so Jack wouldn’t have time to make fun of me. He’d have plenty of time to do that in our next two class periods together; I didn’t need it on the way there as well.

The moment I stepped into my next class, I immediately wished that I had waited to walk with Jack. Once again, Candace was sitting there waiting for me while she admired her French manicure.

“What do you want this time?” I sighed as I put my stuff down at my desk and turned to face her. It was the first time I had gotten a really good look at her since I got there. She had the same sweet looking face as before, but now it was covered in heavy makeup and bronzer was caked on to the extreme. I wore my fair share of makeup, but it was as if I wore none compared to her. Her hair that used to be a soft brown was now bleached blonde and she was smaller than I was, and I had always considered myself slightly too skinny. Nothing about her looked real anymore. She was definitely not the girl I used to know and love. She was replaced with this empty shell of a person that wanted to stand out in the crowd, and most certainly not in a good way.

“I heard about you scoring a detention with Alex last period.” She said without looking up from her nails, “Your little plan about winning over Alex isn’t going to work. We’re practically back together now.” A faint smile crept onto her freshly over-glossed lips as she finally looked at me. She stood there a moment, taking in my features as I did hers before she narrowed her eyes and frowned, “You’re pathetic.”

“Why can’t you just leave me alone, Candace?” I rolled my eyes and sat down, “I want nothing to do with you, and Alex wants nothing to do with me so I’m not even going to try and be friends with him from now on, okay?”

“You better not.” She huffed as she turned on her heel and left the room quickly, nearly knocking Jack over on her way out the door.

“What’s her deal?” Jack sneered as he looked at the place she once stood.

“If I knew, I’d let you know.” I sighed as I laid my head down on the desk. Some people just don't let things go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title credit goes to this fairly new-ish band I've found called M.A.T. from their song 'Down'. They're really good in my opinion. They sound slightly blink-182y and one of their songs kinda reminds me of Sublime in a way. So yeah, check 'em out!

So this is extremely filler-y and for that, I apologize. I just wanted to get something up for the wonderful people who commented: guysinmyhead, BlackVeilBridesGirl, & PhoebeAnna! Your comments made my day.

Anyway, the next chapter should be more interesting. But I haven't actually written it yet so we'll see about that. I do have it planned out though, so that's good.

On another relevant note, it may be a while before I post again. I have a very busy weekend and then a week full of testing that isn't over until Sunday. I even have to take a test on next Saturday. A freaking Saturday! That sucks. Anyway, back to what I was really trying to say... I will either be posting tomorrow, sometime next week, or in two weeks time. It really all depends on how much I write and how much free time I actually have. My life always gets super hectic around the end of the school year, but I am trying!

Please comment & subscribe for more updates! More comments = faster updates! (hopefully)

OH AND BY THE WAY YOU ALL NEED TO CHECK OUT THE JALEX YELL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLwxoFxA9uo

you all should go to your local mall and perform the Jalex Yell. It would be perfect.

- Sommer x