Status: Finished. :)

From Teammates to Best Friends to Boyfriends?

Dillon

On the way back home, the radio was softly playing a rock song, it was dark, and Garret soft snores where coming from my right. He fell asleep about 10 minutes ago. I was getting sleeping myself but I’m driving, so no sleep for me. I did have the thought of waking him up to keep me entertained but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. He looked relaxed and at peace. So I let him sleep.

When we get into town, I pulled up on my road and drove into my drive way. I turned off my truck and looked at Garret, who was still asleep. He had on one of my swimming trunks and an old t-shirt. You could see sand in his hair even though his hair is a sandy color.

I shook my head. I need to stop this whole admiring Garret or whatever it is I’m doing.

I reached over and shook his shoulder. “Garret, wake up. We’re at my house.”

He shifted in his seat and his eyes opened a little. He lazily smiled over at me and the thoughts came back. I looked down and spotted my phone in the cup holder. I grabbed it and told Garret to come on.

When we got inside, we went up to my room. I called showers first and got some boxers.

I passed by Garret who was sitting in my desk chair and went out into the hallway to go to the bathroom. After washing away all the sand and dirty water and washing up, I stood under the shower head for a couple minutes, thinking about today.

It was really fun swimming and then laying out under the stars. I was glad that I invited Hannah and her friend in the end. Garret and Alexis didn’t come out very far in the water, and if I didn’t invite them, it would have just been Liam, Chandler, and me. Which isn’t bad, but it’s a lot more fun having races to the booey with more people. When we laid under the stars, I was between Hannah Garret. I don’t really understand why I felt like I wanted to be closer to Garret but I did.

In fact, my weird admiring-somebody-kind-of-thoughts on Garret have become more frequent. Like a lot more than maybe a week ago and they’ll be at random times either when I’m with Garret or not. I know that my liking to Garret in more than a friendly way is kind of homo-ish. Maybe I should talk to him about it. Or would he be weirded out if I said I had these kinds of thoughts about him. Well, of course he would be weirded out. What straight guy thinks of his best friend as cute and adorable at times?

I guess I’ll keep this to myself a little bit longer.

When I headed back to my room, in boxers, Garret was reaching in his bag he left here the other day and pulled out his own underwear.

After he left to go take a shower, I texted Hannah to see if they made it back okay. She said yes and the conversation ended at that. Mine and Hannah’s talks were never long and meaningful anymore. Sure we would ask each other ‘how are you’ or ‘what’s up’ and have the conversation go from there but after that, we didn’t really know what to say. We used to talk about anything, like about school, friends, recent things we’ve liked, say in movies or music.
Maybe we are just hitting a bump in the road, with me having those weird thoughts on Garret.
I really do mean it when I say, I won’t them to stop.

But at the same time, I don’t see it happening.

I shook my head and went to the hallway closet to get extra blankets for Garret. I put them on my bed and picked up the biggest and heaviest and laid it out beside my bed. I put another one almost the size on top of it and then I spread out my favorite fleece blanket that was a navy blue over those two to give it a soft feel. Then I just threw the other two blankets in the middle of it and I tossed one of my pillows on the floor too. I turned off the light and climbed into bed. Garret came in a little after I settled in, and looked at the blankets on the floor. He closed-mouth smiled my way and said thanks.

“No problem.” I said quietly as I watched him walk over to it and laid down. He covered himself up and I turned to look away. I caught myself starring again.

We went to sleep around 10:30 after discussing about tomorrow’s game since we have to get up at 7 for it. I don’t understand. Why on Earth would they schedule a game that early on a Saturday?

Oh well. Hopefully, it’s a good one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, I know I probably promised to update quickly but I couldn't.

I was having family problems all last week and a little before that. Problems like Brandie left my dad, my grandma was in the hospital, and I had to visit my mom's family a couple days ago. Anyways a bunch of family probs but it's all good. And I finally got to update. :D sorry for the wait.

BUT WHAT I REALLY WANTED TO SAY WAS:

I want a new layout for this story so bad.

So can you help me out? I think I got the picture I want to use, but what colors do you think I should use?