Status: Finished. :)

From Teammates to Best Friends to Boyfriends?

Garret

I woke up at 7-ish this morning. Outside Dillon’s window, the sky was cloudy and the sun wasn’t out. I could hear Dillon’s mom and his little brother talking somewhere else in the house. Dillon, himself was still in bed and asleep.

I threw my pillow on his head from my spot of the floor. He made a grunt noise and lifted his head.

“What?” He looked down at me. His eyes trailed down my body, but I didn’t think too much about it.

“It’s game day buddy.” I hopped up and stretched. I turned my head to notice him turn his face the other way.

I walked over to my bag on the other side of the room. I thought I had packed my uniform in there but I guess I didn't.

“Shit. My uniform’s not in here.” I turned to Dillon.

“Call your mom and see if she’ll bring it over.” He got up out of his bed and went to his closet.
“Right.” I couldn’t find my phone anywhere in the room so I went out to his truck to see if I left it there. Which it was, right in the cup holder along with folded up paper.

Now I’m not usually the type to spy on my friend’s stuff, but it said my name on it. Like my name in a sentence. So I got a little curious and picked it up and unfolded it.

There were two different handwritings. One which I knew was Dillon’s started it out.

I don’t think Hannah’s coming to this game. Why you asking?

Just wondering . . . The other handwriting said.

Okay. . .

I decided to just skip to the part where it said my name.

So are you still having those ‘weird’ as you said, thoughts of Garret?

Yeah. . .

Well, do you think you like Garret?

What the hell are they talking about?

Idk. I’m just weirding myself out with these admiring-like thoughts. I don’t know what to think.

Hmm . . . well, maybe you do.

. . . What?

I folded it back up with the thoughts of: What exactly are the admiring-like thoughts Dillon is having of me?

I grabbed my phone and texted my mom to bring my uniform over. I headed back inside and went to the kitchen.

Dillon’s mom, Linda was cooking eggs. She looked over at me and smiled.

“Hey, Garret, want some eggs?”

“Uh, yes, please.”

I headed back to Dillon’s room, still confused by that note. Dillon was in the middle of changing into his uniform. He noticed me come in, his eyes widening and turned his back to me.

My mom texted me back, saying she’ll be here in 30.

I walked over to Dillon’s bed and fell frontwards on it.

“My mom will be here in 30 minutes.”

“Okay.” Dillon said quietly and walked out of the room.

At the game, my mom wished me good luck and sat down on the bleachers with Ryan’s mom. They were good friends even before I joined the team.

Later, after the game, which we won by two points above them, the whole team went to Pizza Inn to celebrate. I was sitting in between Eli and Ryan, making small talk, when Dillon came back from the bathroom looking slightly down.

I let it pass me and got up to go get more pizza. Quin came up beside me, grabbing a cheese pizza.

“Do you think I could make a good third base player?” He asked.

My eyebrows knitted together as I answered, “Yeah, I guess but that’s really Dillon’s position.”

“Yeah so. . . I’m thinking about asking Coach if I could switch with him.”

“For your spot? Right out field?”

“Yeah.” He said.

“Why?” I asked. What’s so bad about his position?

“Well. . .to be honest, Dillon ain’t really that good on that spot. He sometimes lets the balls get past him, and sometimes when he throws to first base, it doesn’t reach Ian all the way. I just think, since I’m more experienced and better, I should take over 3rd base. Right field barely gets any balls. Think about it. All the times today when Dillon let the ball past him, and it was me, they could have actually been caught and the other team’s score wouldn’t have been so close to our’s.”

“Dillon was probably having an off day or something.”

“I bet Coach would agree with though.”

I didn’t really like it when Quin said all that. Sure, Dillon could have been quicker today, but that doesn’t mean he’s bad on that position.

“Whatever. But if I were you, I would talk to Dillon to see what he thinks.”

“Whatever, dude.” I left the line and went back to the table. I looked over at Dillon and he smiled at me and I returned it.

Hopefully, Coach won’t let Quin have 3rd base.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright. So I think I found a picture that I might want to use in the center top of the story layout. . .

This one.

Or.

This one.

Hopefully that worked. . . I don't have to use a picture. I could just use colors or whatever. But what do you guys think?

Also, I'm going to be gone for next week (going camping), so no updates. But when I get back there will be. I'll try to get the new layout done today though.

Peace.