Status: Finished. :)

From Teammates to Best Friends to Boyfriends?

Dillon

I pulled on my shoes as I went down the hall to get to the front door. I was in a hurry and I’m already fifteen minutes late to pick up Garret. Tonight was Chandler’s eighteenth birthday party at Liam’s house. You see, Chandler flunked his eighth grade year at his old school. So when he moved here, he became friends with people who were in his grade, who were a year or two younger than him. He’s one of the oldest sophomores at my school, besides the one kid who seems high all the time. . .

I pulled my keys out of my pocket and started up the ignition. I drove to Garret’s house in a record time and honked. Several seconds later, he came out. He was wearing blue jeans and a red plaid shirt. I’d say my boyfriend was looking extra hot tonight.

He climbed into my truck and leaned over to kiss me as a greeting.

“Well, hello to you too.” I mumbled, but I guess my face expression gave it away that I was surprised by his boldness.

He giggled and said softly, “You’re late.”

I give him an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry. I accidently fell asleep when I got home from school and didn’t’ wake up till eight.”

He nodded, understanding.

When we got to Liam’s house, we saw there were quite a few people already here. It was peers that we hung out with at lunch, you know, athletic dudes and girls, and then the few preppy chicks that didn’t get on my nerves. I saw Quin sitting with my ex on the couch. She seemed to be happy talking to him, and I was happy for her, even though I didn’t like Quinn. . . Garret had run off to go find Chandler or Grant, so I went to the kitchen to getting me something to drink to start off this wonderful night. There were cases of beer sitting around, coolers filled with them and sodas, and liquor on the bar table. I decided to go with shots first and got two ready. I downed them all in a row, the vodka burning my throat. I was feeling a slight buzz coming on and decided to get a drink. I looked around in the coolers and on the table, and decided to try mixing a Jack and Coke drink to try it. I filled a pint glass half full with ice, and poured three ounces of Jack Daniels to it. I filled the rest of the glass with Coke and stirred it a little. I sat down at the table, drank my drink, and played around on my phone. I didn’t really know if this drink was going to turn out okay, because I’ve never tried mixed drinks before. The only parties I go to that have alcohol are Liam’s and usually he just has soda and beer. But this time there was a large variety. I still wonder why Liam’s dad would willingly buy all this for minors. And if I was being honest, I would say he is kind of a bad parent to do that. But whatever, I’m going to enjoy the drinks and not complain. In fact, the only reason I knew how to make this drink was because of Liam’s dad. One day when I spent the night over about five months ago, he showed Liam and I how he made his drinks.

When I finished my drink, I grabbed two beers and headed out of the kitchen. More and more people were showing up and the music was turned up a little louder now. Instead of the living room having people I was ‘friends’ with, it was now slowly filling up with random peers. I looked around for Garret and found him laughing with Alexis, Liam’s girlfriend, and Liam.

I shuffled my way through a few groups and I was soon standing by Garret. He turned and looked up at me.

“Hey.” He said softly. I handed him a beer and then opened my own.

“So Liam told Alexis.” He stated next. My eyes widened and I starred at Liam.

“Told her what?”

“About y’all two.” Alexis answered for him. I glared at Liam. He wasn’t supposed to tell anyone.
“But don’t worry. Your secrets safe with me and honestly if y’all did let everyone know y’all were a thing, nobody would care. You know, nobody would be mean or anything.” She ranted on.

I was till glaring at Liam who seemed uncomfortable. “Sorry, Alexis. . .” I glanced at her, and then turned my glare back onto Liam. Even though I was buzzed, I still had care about this. “You weren’t supposed to tell anyone, dude.”

“I know, I know. But come on, it’s Alexis. We all trust her, right?” He tried.

“Yeah, Dillon. It’s just Alexis.” Garret added in and placed his hand on my shoulder.

I turned my attention to him and saw that he looked calm. I guess . . . since he’s okay with it, I am. . . But then I remember he’s the one that first said we should keep this relationship a secret, so did he mean just by our peers, the ones we don’t talk to? Great, now I’m confused.

I turned my head away from him and back to Liam. I sighed and said okay. He did a little cheer and hugged me. He and Alexis went off to get something to drink. Garret and I decided to find Chandler, so I could tell him happy birthday. He wasn’t at school today, so I couldn’t earlier. When we found him hanging by the stairs, he smiled towards Garret. Garret was more close to him than I was, so it was only natural for them to greet first.

“Happy birthday.” I said and gave him a hug.

After a long while, Garret was starting to get to the point where he’ll want to dance and act silly. And for some reason, he loved to dance in the middle of the room. I guess he liked attention when he was drinking.

While we were dancing, Garret asked if I wanted to head home right now and we could have a little fun, but I shot him down. I didn’t want to though. The idea of having fun in that way sounded awesome, but I was in no condition to drive. He pouted and decided to kiss me right there in public. I was a little surprised by it, but I kissed back. Soon we were almost making out before I pulled away, realizing what we were doing. Even though I wasn’t in the right state of mind, I knew we were making a mistake by kissing in front of others. Garret giggled and I think he asked why I pulled away. He suddenly pouted and now I think he feels upset about it, so I naturally wanted to make him happy again. And I did that by kissing him. Even though we surrounded by our peers.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, sorry if the making the drink scene was not right or dumb. I don't know anything about drinking. I'm not an experience drinker (I'm only 16! XD), and I had to do research like what are manly drinks and it seems like every site I went on had something different. So I went with this. . . And then I had to look up how to make it. And this is where I went.

So yeah. . .Tell me if it's bad or not, please. I'm not really happy with this. :/

And now I must go delete my history, so my dad won't question later on why I was looking manly drinks. XD