Status: Finished. :)

From Teammates to Best Friends to Boyfriends?

Dillon

Before I know it, the middle of June’s here! Remember about that camping trip I mentioned about? Well it’s time to go camping! I like camping a lot, if you couldn’t tell. Mostly for the smores though. My phone buzzed and I picked it up off the coffee table. I had invited Garret to go camping and he finally texted me back. . .eight hours later.

'Mom says I can! :D' was his reply.

I texted back 'It took her long enough. : ) Be sure you got enough for four nights and five nights, babe.'

I sent him another text, telling him I would be over in half an hour. I needed to clean out my truck since neither of my parents own a vehicle that’s able to haul a camper. I had from McDonalds bags to old school papers in there. I actually found one of my favorite shirts from the beginning of tenth grade under the neither the passenger seat. I cleaned my dashboard and the bed of the truck since we’re going to have to use that to carry the few tubs of stuff we’ll need.

“Mom! I’m heading out to get Garret! Be back in a little while!” I yelled so mom could hear me where ever she was in the house.

I heard her yell out an okay and I closed the front door and went back to my truck. When I got to Garret’s house, I parked and got out. Knowing Garret, he probably isn’t ready. Not because he’s like a girl that takes forever to choose her outfits, but because he probably didn’t read the last message I sent till ten minutes ago. I waked in and headed to his room in the back. I heard music playing from his room and as I got closer I could him actually singing along with it. It was soft and I could barely hear him, but it was pretty. His voice, I mean. I already like his voice when he talks and I hear it all the time. If I could put Garret and the whole soccer team in one room and if I was blind folded, I would know which one was Garret, because I’ve always heard it and it’s like planted in my brain.

I sighed when I opened the door to see Garret putting a shirt in his suitcase. He turned around and grinned.

“I thought I heard you come in.” He said very lowly. He came over to me and wrapped his arms around me for a hug. I smiled and pulled away.

“You almost done?” I asked him, hoping he was.

He grinned. “Just about.” He went back to his suitcase and packed the pajama pants that were beside. “There.” He zipped it up and placed it on the floor. I went over to pick it up and asked him if he needed to get anything else before we headed out. He shook his head and we left. Not without saying goodbye to his mom and dad of course. I could sense there was something awkward when we said goodbye though. Particularly with his mom. She didn’t ignore me or anything, she just . . . like observed me for the longest time when I entered the living room.

“What’s up with your mom?” I asked Garret once we were in my truck.

He exhaled. “I asked dad to tell her about us a couple weeks ago and he finally did the other night . . . She . . . doesn’t really like what we’re doing, but she’s not gonna stop me. She told me and I quote ‘if you want to kiss another guy, then go for it, but please don’t do it in front of me.’ Which I guess I understand where she’s coming from, you know? With how she was raised, trying to live by the bible and all. She said she wants me to make my own decisions on what I think is right and wrong.”

I nodded. “She’s not mad?” I hoped she wasn’t. I would feel terrible if she was, because it’s my fault Garret’s this way now.

“Nope. Let’s change the subject.”

“Hmm. . . Did you pack swimming trunks or do you need to borrow some of mine?”

He gasped and mouth fell open. I laughed at how cute the sight was and he exclaimed, “I knew I forgot something!”

I shook my head at him and we reached my house. I grabbed his suitcase and we headed inside. Sammy walked out of room and noticed Garret. He smiled and walked up to him.

“Hey, Garret!” He shouted.

“Hey, bud.” Garret always called him that.

“Are you going camping with us?”

“Yep!” He piped up and I felt take my hand and held it.

“Hmm. Well we’re gonna go to my room.” I stated as I began walking down the hall to my bedroom door.

I pulled Garret in there and I pushed him towards my bed and made him lay down. I climbed on top of him and started to kiss all of his face. He started giggling when I moved down to his neck.
“That escalated quickly.” He said in between laughs.

“Well tomorrow morning we’re leaving and we’re practically going to be sleeping in the same room with my mom, dad, and Sammy. That means no time to do this.”

I kissed his nose.

He grinned. “I’m sure your parents won’t mind when it’s just us in the camper alone though, doofus.”

“Still though, they could walk in anytime they want.”

“They could walk in right now.” He chuckled and motioned towards the door. “Or Sammy.”

I shrugged. “You’re right.” I huffed and got up dramatically.

I heard him laugh behind me and he grabbed onto the back of shirt and pulled me back onto the bed. He climbed on top of me, straddling my hips. He had this perminate smile and just seemed so happy. I was enjoying this. I was so happy in this moment. It was summer and I had Garret on top of me. Who wouldn’t be happy if their best friend/boyfriend was trying to be dominating, but only ending up looking cute and failing?
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a filler chapter about getting ready for the camping trip, Dillon doing things like carrying his luggage XD, and an in sight on how it went with Garret's mom when she found out. Oh and more Sammy!

Omg you guise! I actually had some free time to update! :D I was feeling bad about only updating once last weekend and I'm back from my mom's now and I didn't have to start any new project or homework.

Though I felt like this chapter needed to end where it did even though I planned more for it, so this is part one! I'll write part two this weekend!

Comment please! :D What did y'all think of this chapter?

More about the sequel! Alright you guys, remember how I told you that I was going to have Garret and Dillon in the story, but they're not going to be the main people? Private message me if you want, telling me what part you think they're are going to play in the sequel and if you get it right, I'll tell you! [Here's another little piece of info about it: Foreign Exchange student.

Tell me what you think that means in a comment! :D

I have to get off soon though so I'll edit this on Friday night. :) So sorry if there's any mistakes.