Sequel: Secrets

We Are Young

Jayden

“I want him back” Jayden said. Kaya turned to her.

“You’re so fucking stupid” Kaya told her. “You know if you go back you’ll have to give him your vagina, and you made a pact to yourself to stay a virgin to lower the risk of pregnancy” Jayden sighed. It was history repeating, Jayden’s mom got pregnant at 16, so Jayden was cursed to do the same. She couldn’t end up like her mother.

“I know” Jay said. “But I fucking love that boy, and he helps me escape reality. I can risk it for escaping my other. Just this month apart has killed me”

Kaya sighed. “I wish I knew what It was like to be in a relationship. I really like Steve, but I doubt he’ll see anything girlfriend material in me”

“Don’t date him” Jay said with tears in her eyes. She was crying for her relationship with Brandon, and for Kaya and the disappointment when someone told her it was all a dare. “He’s just like Brandon” Kaya nodded.

“You know, I wish I had the ability to stare into people’s souls to see their true motives” Jay said.

“But you do that already”

“Apparently I suck at it…I can see the wrong in a ton of people. Liv in her denial to like Taylor. Steve and his drugs. Dylan and his…well, everything” she sobbed. “I just wish I wasn’t so blind and I saw it coming with him”

“You can’t predict that” Kaya said. “No one can…well, I hope so…Oh god, I wish I knew what I was talking about” Jayden leaned her head on Kaya’s shoulder and cried.

“I’m going to get back together with him” she cried. Kaya wanted to slap her across the face for being so stupid, but for once she was going to be supportive.



After school one day, Jayden went over to brandon’s house. It was all down hill from here.

Her motives were simple, she would ask him to take her virginity then they could get back together. How simple could that be? It was almost guaranteed to work unless he hooked up with someone else. Already. Since Kaci was dead, there were no other easy whores.

.Brandon opened the door within a few seconds. “Jay” he said softly. “What’s up?”

“You can have it” Jayden said. “You can take my virginity…I want you to have it” Brandon was confused. “I wanna get back together”

“Are you sure?” Brandon asked. “It seemed like you loved being a virgin more than me”

Jayden shook her head. “I love you more” she said. she kissed him. Brandon felt almost immediately back into the little world he created with Jayden.

Brandon let Jayden into the house, still connected at the mouth. They moved over to the couch where they continued to kiss, but Brandon still sensed something wrong.

Jayden didn’t want to have sex, she didn’t want to. She chose her virginity over him in a heart beat. The only thing standing in her way of him was her virginity, so to have him back, she had to give it back.

It’s actually quite sad how easily she gave up for him, but she was in too deep, like all the other pathetic girls in their high school. She loved Brandon, and it was too late to move on with someone else.

Brandon knew she would hate herself for it, and then their relationship would really crumble.

So he pulled himself away for Jayden and stood on the other side of the room. “What’s wrong?” she asked.

“I can’t do this” Brandon said. “I’m so stupid”

“What? Is there someone else?” she asked.

“No, it’s just…sex isn’t important” he lied, it technically was but he cared more about her than anything. “We can wait if you want to” She tried to contain her excitement with a small smirk. Brandon sat next to her again and kissed her gently on the cheek. “We can wait as long as you want” he lied. He tried to hide the lies, it was hard.



Kaya finished the last page of the Hunger Games on the way to the movie theatre. “Finished” she said.

“Good…it’s amazing.” Steve said.

“It is, better than the twilight series for sure” Steve smiled. “Wait…you read the book?”

“Yeah…just because I smoke weed and I’m a stupid jock, doesn’t mean I can’t read…way to stereotype, Kaya” Kaya giggled.

“Sorry”

“There’s more to me that I want you to know”

Steve and Kaya walked into the movie theatre together. Dylan was waiting inside already with his date, Megan. They didn’t plan on going together but Dylan planned on dropping the ball on the dare they made.

“Hey” Dylan said. they exchanged hugs. “and with two weeks to spare” Kaya wondered what that meant.

“What does that mean?” Kaya asked. “Two weeks to spare? The movie’s been out for a week”

“Nothing” Steve said. “He means nothing” Dylan smirked.

“Yeah…” Dylan started. He whispered in her ear. “I dared him to ask you out before graduation” Kaya pushed Dylan away from her.

“So this is all some kind of sick joke?” Kaya asked. Steve sighed. “I’m obviously just some object who doesn’t have feelings…I CLEARLY DON’T HAVE FUCKING FEELINGS!” she exclaimed. She left the movie theatre and started to walk home. Steve got in his car and chased after her.

“Kaya! It’s not what it seems like…Dylan dared me at first, but then I got to know you and I actually really like you” Kaya flipped him off. She climbed over the fence on the bridge and jumped into the river. Steve pulled over and looked over the bridge. Kaya made her way to the shore and was heading up stream.

“Where the fuck is she going?” Steve asked himself.

He didn’t live in town long enough to know where.