It's A Bet

Chapter 8

Candy helped me into one of her many extra-rooms at her mansion, then she helped me change into a dress. She said that "we're going out". Which probably meant that we're going to see Jordan and Jace.

"Ugh." I grunted. I don't really want to see Jace, he's so annoying. Candy playfully shoved me and gave me a look that meant she was going to make go with her no matter what.

Candy picked out a strapless blue mini dress with little ruffles. When candy was all done we got into her limo and the driver drove us to the Hamilton's mansion.

We got out of Candy's limo and saw Jordan coming up to us. When he was close enough he kissed Candy in a seemingly romantic kiss and when he pulled away, he sent a smile my way. Jordan escorted us into the garden where we saw Jace sitting on a bench with Danielle Robinson giggling and holding hands.

They were just about to kiss, when I interrupted them. "Danielle?" I asked.

"Isabella?" she said looking up at me, with evil a satisfied look - as if she was to say "I win".

Jace looked up at me and was shocked to see me, "Izzy, I thought I wasn't going to see you anymore."

"I invited Candy and where Candy goes, Izzy comes with... So it seems." Jordan says to Jace, a bit disapproving of how he's with Danielle now.

"Well, Isabella,"-when he said my full name, it sent butterflies up my stomatch. Bad butterflies.-"This is Danielle -- my new girlfriend. Danielle, this is Isabella, my brothers-girlfriend's- friend." Jace said, as if I was someone he had just met.

I blushed. "I know Danielle from school." I looked awkwardly away and to Candy. "Can I go please?" This couldn't be more awkward than necessary. I looked to Jace, "I didn't want to come here. Candy made me, just for your information. Jason." I said his full name. If he wanted to call me Isabella, he could be called Jason.

Candy nodded. "Bye Izzy."

"Bye." I said, then left without another word.

Once I reached Candy's mansion, I plopped down onto the bed in the guest room.

Oh my God, how could my life end up like this? It sucks.

I can never admit that I like someone, it's so embarrassing!

Especially to someone like Jace, he'd probably would be satisfied and just leave... I mean, he found someone so soon after our fight.

Why am I feeling this way?

I cried myself to sleep.

I woke to only find Candy shaking my arm and saying; "Izzy. Izzy. Isabella Rose, get your butt up. You made me late to school!"

I sat up in bed and looked at the clock on the wall, it's 7 o'clock. "I'm so sorry! Please forgive me, it was a rough night!" I pleaded.

"It's fine, but you can't do it again... Or I'm afraid my dad won't let you live here anymore." She said, pulling her straight blonde hair to lay on her left shoulder.

I got up and out of bed, showered, dressed, brushed my teeth, grabbed a granola bar from the kitchen -- because I have no money left and I didn't want to bother Candy for anything else. Then me and Candy left for school.

At school, Jace was parading around with Danielle like she was some sort of trophy. Every time they were around some group of people, they would either kiss or hug and someone would snap a picture. It made me sick to my stomach, to the point I just ditched school. I don't think I will want to deal with Jace and his issues today.

When I walked right outside of school, Kyle stopped me. His blue eyes sent a sad expression to me. "Hey." He said.

"Hey." I looked away.

"I miss you, you know. Your fun to talk to."

I shrug. I'm not in the mood for talking. Why is he talking to me? He should really just go and walk right on inside.

"I like you, Izzy. I like you a lot. And I just now realized this."

What Kyle says catches my attention and I look at him. Was he really saying this? He's hot. Why on earth would he like me? "I don't know what to say." So I just stare at him.

Kyle moves closer to me, cups my face in his hands and kisses me.