Status: whatevs

I Must Be Blind, to Not Have Seen the Signs

T H R E E

Pip’s P.O.V.


“So boss, what do you want me to do?” I asked Bobby as we entered the room the guys would be playing.

“I want you to take this” he said, switching on what looked like a megaphone and handing it to me, “and stand on these point’s” he said giving me a map of the place with dots on them, “you can cross each one off when you’re done. Yeah basically the guys up there are gonna play a few chords, if you can hear it clearly shout yes, if not then shout no and we’ll do some shit and play it again until you hear it alright.”

“Sounds easy enough” I smiled and went over to the first point on the map. There were about 8 of them and most of them we’re yes’s but the no’s were quickly modified.

I must admit by the end I thought my ear drums had burst.

“Need me for anything else?” I asked as I handed the stuff back.

“Well we do, but you said you don’t do lifting” he joked.

“If it’s light I don’t mind” I retorted playfully and he chuckled.

“We need to move the merch from the van into here so we can set up, do you think you can handle a few boxes of shirts?”

“I’ll try my very hardest” I replied, placing my hand over my heart.

He took me to their merch guy and then we went out to the van and got a few boxes. They weren’t really that heavy, but as we got to about the third my arms started to go a little limp. I soldiered on though and we we’re bringing in the 5th box when josh appeared.

There was no denying he was an extremely good looking guy. But he was such a nice guy which made that much more attractive. Plus he looked like one of those guys who were in denial about their attractiveness, like he had low self-esteem about the way he looked or something.

His eyes caught mine, and they lit up when he saw me, like when you finally find you’re keys after you’ve been looking for an hour. He rushed over to me and took he box from my hands. Our fingers brushed slightly and I got that feeling again.

It happened when we first met and we shook hands. When his skin touched mine it was like he was holding fireworks and they were being set off under my skin. But it wasn’t a bad feeling. If anything I kind of liked it. I put it down to the fact I thought he was so attractive.

A small voice in the back of my head was telling me that I shouldn’t be feeling this way towards josh, I mean I did have a boyfriend so I shouldn’t be going around falling over other guys, I mean is that classed as cheating?

I justified it though by telling my self that it was more like a “celebrity crush” type thing. Like I know Henry has a soft spot for Alexa Chung. The only difference being is that Henry never has or never will meet Alexa Chung. As long as I kept this little crush about josh to myself and didn’t act on it it’ll be fine yeah? And hopefully as time goes it it’ll disappear.

“I thought you said she didn’t have to carry anything mate” josh asked bobby.

Damn he has such a sexy voice.

“It’s only t-shirts mate” bobby said, standing up. Josh then came over to me and put his arm around my shoulders. I wonder if he could feely my heart now beating out of my chest? God I was acting like such a stupid fan girl.

Man up Pip. He’s just a boy. Yes a very good looking one, but still.

“Well I’ll send in someone else to help, I need to steal Pip” he said and took me into the venue, his arm still around me. “You staying for sound check?” he asked, and not trusting my own voice I just nodded.

Josh led me back over to Henry and then he quickly ran over to the mic. They ran few a few songs and I was pleasantly surprised. I’d never heard of these boys for some reason, but the sounded good. And by God did josh have the most perfect voice I had ever heard.

Josh kept looking over and smiling and I couldn’t help but smile back. Henry was on his phone the whole time, and at the end of the last song he excused himself to go and take a call. Josh sauntered over and took his seat.

“So what did you think?”

“You guys are amazing” I gushed. “I can’t believe ive never heard of you before. I must be living a very sheltered life.”

He laughed lightly at this and then noticed Henry on the phone outside. “Does that guy ever stop working?”

“Nahhh he doesn’t. Kinda sucks”

“I bet. So are you staying for the show?”

I wanted to say yes so badly. I mean if sound check was that good I can’t even imagine what an actual show would be like. But I did want to salvage whatever time I had left with Henry and I knew he wanted to get out of here too.

“As much as I would love too I think Henry wants to go home so I’m afraid I’m gonna have to pass”

“No problem” he smiled and then his eyebrows went up like he’d just thought of the best idea ever. “Hey we have a show here sometime next week too, you fancy coming to that one?”

“Yeah that would be great”

“Awesome, put your digits in there” josh said handing me his phone “and I’ll text you and let you know what’s going on” he smiled. I quickly put my number and gave the phone back to josh before he was called away to talk about something.

“I’m all done if you wanna head off” I heard Henry say behind me and I turned around to see him standing there with his bag and everything packed and ready to go.

“Sure, lemme just say goodbye to everyone” I said, and jumped up walking towards the boys. After a few quick goodbyes, Henry and I left and made out way out of the venue and to the nearest train station.

The queue of people waiting for the show wrapped around the building and then down another street. There were hundreds and hundreds of people clogging up the pavements and flooding the streets.

“I had no idea these guys were so popular” I mused and Henry nodded in agreement.

“I know they played to pretty big crowds but this is the biggest I think ive ever seen”

We made it to the train station, and thankfully it wasn’t rush hour yet so the train was pretty empty. I rested my head on Henrys shoulder and he rested his head atop of mine and laced our fingers together.

“I had fun today. I mean it wasn’t how I expected today to go, but it was good” I said and I felt him nod.

“Im glad. Now we’ve got the whole afternoon to ourselves with no interruptions.”

As soon as the words left his lips my phone went off. I rummaged around in my bag and found a text from an unknown number.

Just wanted to check this was actually you
And you didn’t give me a fake number
Josh x


I smiled widely and texted him back.

Now why would I do that?
Yes it’s me :)
Pip x


A few seconds later my phone went again.

Just checking!
Have a good rest of the day
I’ll text you about the show soon
Josh x


“Who are you texting?” Henry suddenly asked, and I felt a guilty blush creep over my cheeks. I don’t know why I mean it was just josh.

“Josh has invited us to a show next week, you coming?”

“Sure why not” he said and I quickly sent josh one last text.

Thanks’, have a good show
Though judging from sound check I’m sure you’ll be fine
Pip x


“Ok, now no interruptions” I said and Henry kissed my forehead.

It was just the two of us now, that’s all I had to focus on. Just me and Henry.

So why couldn’t I get the boy with the gorgeous blue eyes out of my head?
♠ ♠ ♠
outfit is the same as the lasttt :)

thank you too:
TheHider
Crimson Desire &&&
ssshivering

for commenting :)

idk why i'm updating this now, i got bored so yeah

hope you're all enjoying this so far. ive got a nice outline of how i want this to go so yeah, should be good :)

DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT MY PRETTIES <3

love you alllll xxx