Baby, I'm a Million.

About a Girl.

I woke up the next morning, which was Saturday, to the sound of pebbles against my window. I tried to ignore it but they just kept getting thrown, so I finally went to my window an saw Ferris standing in my back yard. I opened the window just as he was about to throw another one.

"You know, there's such thing as a doorbell," I say sleepily, but still trying to be cheerful.

"I know, but this seemed like a cooler way to wake you up," He flashed me this really goofy smile.

"Well, mission accomplished! I'm awake, now what?"

"Do you wanna go get breakfast?"

I smiled, "Yeah, sure. I'm gonna get dressed real quick, meet me in the front."

I threw on a pair of neon pink skinny jeans and a Led Zeppelin tee-shirt, I ran out to the front yard where Ferris was waiting for me. I was trying not to think about what happened the day before with Sloane, I just wanted to finally be able to enjoy myself.

"You know, it's really weird how the group is being torn apart," he says as we were walking down the street towards the same place we ate breakfast a couple days before.

"That's my fault," I say and look down at my feet bashfully.

"No it's not! It was bound to happen, especially this year with us all being seniors. We're all gonna end up going to different schools and losing touch anyway," Ferris looks sad when he says this, but his eyes brighten when he looks at me.

"Besides, I like you! I think you're a special chick," he says and throws his arm around my shoulder. I felt my cheeks turn bright red.

We get to the diner and take a seat in a booth in the corner away from everybody else. I order some pancakes, eggs, and sausage then Ferris gets waffles, bacon, and hash browns. We talk a little bit about our senior year and what we want to do after we graduate.

"I want to go to film school," I say confidently.

Ferris shrugs, "To be honest, I don't know what I want to do yet."

After that we talked about our families, then he goes to the bathroom. While he was gone I stat awkwardly looking around the diner, then all the sudden I feel somebody sitting beside me. I looked up and saw Bender looking at me like he was really angry.

"What's your problem, Avery?"

"What do you mean?"

"Cameron told me you liked me, but yet here you are with Ferris!"

"You didn't make a move! I didn't think you liked me back!"

"I never said I liked you back," he looks away from me.

"Then why do you care that I'm here with Ferris?"

I look at him quizzically, waiting for him to answer.

"I don't," he says without looking me in the eye.

"Fine then, just let me do what I want if you don't care," I say, immediately regretting my coldness when he finally looked me in the eyes and I saw the hurt in his eyes.

"There's such thing as sarcasm you know?"

He gets up and leaves the diner with his head down. I hated myself at that moment, I really did. I looked out the window and saw him talking to Nancy and Cameron. If Nancy didn't hate me before I just knew she was going to hate me now. I shake my head, I felt tears sting my eyes so I began holding my face in my hands.

"What's wrong?" I hear Ferris say, I look up at him and smile. Desperately, I tried to hide my tears.

"Nothing is wrong, I'm just tired."

Hey, you've got to hide your love away...