Status: Just something new(: Keep or Kill? Comments make me smile *hint hint*

Give Me The Chance To Be The Person I Want To Be

Chapter 3

Saturday came and went. It really was quite eventful actually.
~
I looked at the small torn piece of paper that had Brian's address scribbled across it, then up at the small numbers above his mail box that was attached to the wall. I rung the bell that chirped a small tune before the locks on the door clicked and clacked. It opened to reveal a woman looking in her mid-thirties, with brunette hair pinned back, whom I assumed was his mother. "Why hello there," she seemed friendly, "how may I help you?"
"Oh uhm. Is Brian here?" I stood on my tip toes, looking behind her shoulder. "We're supposed to go to the mall together."
She gasped slightly, "Your here for Brian! My Brian? How lovely!" I guess he doesn't get much company. "Brian get down here you have company! Quick, come on dear." She rapidly grabbed my wrist and pulled me inside the house, escorting me into the living room as if I were going to fade away. Before I knew it she was already showing me photo albums of him pretty much from day one all the way to age 13 where the pages beyond seemed to lay white and blank. Even though that was kind of weird, I have to say my favorite one was of him holding a sleek, black electric guitar at age nine.
"No mother!" Brian was currently pulling me away from her and the albums while trying to make a mad dash for the door.
"Come on sweetie, please?" His mother pleaded. She was currently trying to get a picture of us together, but he refused.
"Oh, come on sweetie please?" I mocked his mother just loud enough for only him to hear while pinching his cheeks.
"Shut up," he pouted slightly, swatting my hand away. He pushed me out the door, grabbing a hoodie at the same time and shut the door. Once we were far enough from the house he smiled slightly, "Sorry about that. My mom can be kind of crazy sometimes."
"It's alright," I smiled back from past experiences. "Moms will be moms." The sound of gravel crunching beneath our feet were the only audible sounds before he spoke up again.
"So why are we going to the mall again?"
"To give you a make over dude," I chuckled.
"Oh, right," he nodded trying to keep up with my walking pace.
We got to the mall in a matter of minutes, since it was only a short distance from Brian's, and looked around the stores. After window shopping we came across a salon. Some coaxing was done in order for him to get in, but I have to say the results were definitely worth it. I signed him in on the little paper and we sat down in the waiting area until he got called up.
"You know, my mom's going to freak when I come home with black hair." He tried weaseling himself out of this.
"Don't lie to me Brian, I know she really wants you to get rid of that what ever it is on your head," I scrunched my face up. "So what better way to get it done here?"
"But Teagan! This is a salon, if anyone from school catches me here I'm dead! Why couldn't we go to a barber shop?"
"They don't dye hair and don't be such a worry wart! No one will see you here. Even so you'll be walking around in style by the time Monday comes no one will care, and you'll have girls swooning over you like crazy!" His eyes lit up at my words.
"You really think so? Even Heather?"
"Even her," I nodded. But we have quite some work to do. Brian got up when they called his name and went to work on his hair.
Two hours past by and he walked over to me, huge grin his face, along with mine. He looked way better than I thought he would.
"Well just look at you! Lookin' good Brian!"
"Why thank you Tea, I think I look hot too," he winked as I pulled out my wallet to pay the stylist.
"Tea?"
"You know, like Green Tea? It's my nickname for you, my best friend," he smiled happily throwing an arm around my shoulder, making my heart melt in the process and a slight blush cover my cheeks.
"I get that but who said you could call me that?" I questioned removing his arm, an action I really didn't want to do.
"I did," he said awkwardly. "But you are my friend. Right?"
"Not really, I think I'm more like a stylist." I said trying to get off the topic pulling out two twenty dolor bills. His face faltered slightly before saying he had the bill. He paid the lady and made our way out.
We made small talk as we walked to the other stores, seeming as we already forgot the incident in the salon.
"Oh these look nice," he said pulling out some more sweater vests.
"That's exactly like the clothes you wear now," I smiled slightly pulling out some different colored v-necks and some dark colored tight jeans. I piled just about everything I could find and sent him into the dressing room.
After a while of being in there I heard him call my name. "I'm coming," I called back walking into the dressing room and standing outside his door.
"Heheh, that’s what she said," I heard him mumble.
"Oh shut up. Why'd you call me?"
"Oh right! All these clothes are feeling tight."
"They're supposed to feel tight. Come out here so I can see."
"No I don't want to," he muttered from the dressing stall. "I look stupid."
"Please? No one else is out here." The door unlocked and he poked his head out, looking both ways before fully exiting.
"See? I look stupid." He said before attempting to walk back in. I grabbed him by the back of the shirt and pulled him back.
"You look fine! You just need, hold on a second," I ran outside the dressing room and came back in with a studded leather jacket. "All you need is this!"
"I don't know…" he trailed off. I slipped his arms through the sleeves. I thought he looked great before but damn, he looks amazing.
"Okay, I lied after I got my hair done." He stated looking in the mirror checking himself out. "Now, I look hot."
~
"Thanks for helping me out today Teagan," Brian smiled happily from across the food court table, popping a Mc Donald’s french fry in his mouth.
"No problem, this was actually pretty fun."
"I know, we should do this more often."
"What, update your style?"
"No I just meant hang out at the mall and stuff. Are you kidding, getting a new style was rough! I have to say the out come was pretty damn fantastic though."
"Agreed," I nodded taking a sip of my soda. Job well done Teagan, job well done. I wonder how Monday will go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3 is out! (: How do we like the story so far everyone? Oh, & I'd like to thank NegativePress for leaving a nice little message on the last chapter along with others for subscribing! I'd love to hear what you silent readers think aswell, so don't be shy! (:
-Eli<3