Status: Just something new(: Keep or Kill? Comments make me smile *hint hint*

Give Me The Chance To Be The Person I Want To Be

Chapter 4

Monday was definitely interesting to say the least. Lets just say it was a big change in history for Brian, in more ways than one.
~
The following Monday was real interesting for Brian. It was like a change in history for the young boy. He was receiving so much attention from girls. It seemed he didn't even know how to handle it, but yet they still swarmed for him.
Brian met me at our usual spot for lunch under a shady tree in the quad, food tray in hand. "Hey Tea," he smiled cheekily before sitting beside me. I really hated this nickname, but I must admit, it was growing on me.
"Hey Mr. Chick Magnet," I giggled. "How was your day so far in the classes we don't share?"
"It went fuckin' amazing! You know the Smith Sisters?" I nodded thinking of the three triplets. They all had brown curly hair and green eyes to match. "All three want to go out with me! One date Friday, one Saturday and one Sunday nights! How freakin' amazing does that sound?" I had heard that they were never interested in guys in their grade, or in the school for that matter, so for them to take notice in Brian, they must have been pretty intrigued.
"That's amazing Bri-" I was cut off by the sound of banging drums and yelling. We both turned around to see two guys in our grade arguing at the "stage" in the middle of the quad.
"Hey cut that out!" A boy in my sixth period class yelled. He had a few facial piercings and black choppy hair with a bit of purple thrown in it.
"Why? You jealous that my drumming skills are way better than your stupid drummers?" The lankier, taller one laughed hitting the drums slowly then speeding up to an extremely fast pace that seemed as if no one else could keep up with.
The shorter boy balled up his fist as he spoke up "Get out from behind my drum kit or I swear I'll take that freakin' yellow kimono your wearing and shove it up your ass!"
The other boy just laughed and played a cliché comedy drum roll, before standing in front of the smaller kid. "You'd like that wouldn't you?"
"Boys! Boys! Break it up," a campus aid yelled getting in between the two, who looked as if they were about to kill each other and pried them apart. She turned to the shorter kid, "Zachary, this is your first and final warning," she spoke as if it were a little kid she was speaking to. "You can either play here without a commotion, or pack up your instruments."
"But the freakin' asshole," she stared at him intently, "-I mean kid, took over my drummer's kit and won't leave." She nodded turning to the taller boy, whose blonde hair stood up in a crazy, spiky fashion.
"Is this true James?" She said sternly looking at the pair of sticks in his hand. "Give him his drum sticks back and leave him alone. Next time I hear back from you two, or that you two are being disruptive, it will result in detention. Do I make myself clear?"
"Yes," they both sighed and she walked away. The taller boy shoved the drum sticks in the smaller boy's chest and walked away. The smaller kid muttered a quick cuss word and continued to set up the equipment.
Brian turned back to look at me. "Damn."
"I know huh," we were about to continue our conversation but more commotion came from the young boy setting up.
"What the hell do you mean Adam can't play?" The boy, who I assumed was Zachary yelled franticly. The one of the two boys talking beside him held up a red guitar, much similar to the one Brian was playing in the picture his mother showed me. "He got lunch detention? Fuck, where are we going to find a guitarist now? There's only fifteen 'til show time!" I tuned out the rest of what the boy had to say and turned to Brian.
"So, you play guitar right?" I cocked my head to the side, smiling slyly.
"Yeah, I have been for a few yea- ohh no! No Teagan, just no. I will not go up there."
"Come on Brian this is your chance! You know how to play, this will get you noticed by even more people! And," I smile knowing exactly what will get him to fold, "girls love guitar players." The small pout on his face turned into a slight smirk. Looks like someone's confidence is growing. After a bit more coaxing, he gets the nerve to go up there, you know, just with the occasional help of me pushing him from behind when he 'changes his mind'.
"Hey," I smiled looking down at that Zachary boy who was currently kneeling over putting the red guitar in it's case. "Heard you were having slight issues with a guitarist."
He looked up and cocked an eyebrow. "Oh you heard that? Well if your here to talk shit then-"
"No, no." I said, pulling Brian back by the back of his shirt as he tried walking away. "No shit talking here, but we may be able to help you."
"Oh really now," he smirked slightly getting up from his knees and sticking his hand out for me to shake. "I'm Zacky."
"Teagan," I smiled shaking his hand with the one that wasn't gripping Brian.
His eyes darted over to Brian who seemed to be staring off into space, but it was actually Heather and her cheerleader friends who were only feet from us. "And your friend?"
"Brian," I nodded.
"So what did you guys have in mind?"
"For what?" Brian asked dumbly, snapping back to reality. Zacky gave one of those 'are you fucking serious' looks and turned to me.
"Sorry, Brian here doesn't really socialize much." Zacky chuckled, a small smile playing at the corner of his pierced lips.
"Hey!" Brian scowled playfully and flipped us off.
"Well, you need a guitarist right?" Zacky nodded. "Brian here plays guitar." I smiled as he caught on to where we were going with this.
"Shit man you play? Think you can help us out?" Zacky asked excitedly
"Why not?"
"Think you can learn the notes in," Zacky checked his watch, "ten minutes?"
"Uhm," Brian looked nervous, "I can try."
"You my friend, are a freakin' life saver! It's pretty much the same chords the whole song. It starts off slow and speeds up as the song progresses got it," and with that Zacky taught Brian the notes and they performed.
They weren't that good, but they didn't completely suck either. Brian did better than I thought he would and ended up getting loads of attention from the girls. Every time he did a special trick with the guitar, they all swooned, and he took note.
As soon as they finished, Zacky put an arm around Brian's shoulder and threw his fist in the air, smiling at the amount of applause they were receiving.
Heather then walked up to Brian as soon as Zacky left, and for some reason I had a feeling this will not go too good in the long run. She quickly whispered in his ear, slipped him a bright piece of pink folded paper, and gave him a lingering kiss on the cheek, turning his face the same color as the paper. The lunch bell rang signaling it was time for everyone to head back to class as she pulled away. She waved good-bye disappearing into the sea of children, leaving Brian behind, hand on his blushing face. As odd as this seemed, that small action bothered me.
Since Brian and I had sixth period free, we decided we'd skip our usual afternoon trip to the school library and stay behind to help Zacky clean up.
"Hey, I really appreciate your help," Zacky grinned as he folded up some microphone wire. "You guys really saved my ass out there."
"No problem," Brian nodded back, eyes focused on unplugging the old amplifiers that they used. "I had fun performing. It's not everyday I get the chance to play guitar in front of a few hundred people." After a few more minutes of small talk between the three of us Zacky left to go get some more storage cases from his drummer's van.
"Oh my god Tea, did you see what Heather gave
me," Brian asked excitedly.
Scoffing silently to myself I replied sarcastically, "If it's the afternoon wood in your pants I believe I'd be fine without seeing it, thank you very much."
Gasping slightly Brian pulled down his baggy jacket, covering up the tent that was forming in his pants. "Not that," he flipped me off, grinning as he dug his hand in his pocket, fishing out the bright pink note. "This. It even has the beautiful aroma of her perfume."
I took the note from his hand that radiated off her strong, signature scent of some cross between apple and an unknown item.
"Careful, careful! Don't rip it," he warned me as if it were his life I held in my hands, oh wait that’s because it was. I just rolled my eyes as I unfolded the note and read it's contents.
Dear Blake,
You play guitar really well! I never knew you were band guy. You should so meet me under football bleachers at seventh period for a little fun.
She then signed her name off with a small heart beside it. Gagging from what I just read, I handed him back the note.
"Cool right," Brian questioned in awe as he gently placed it back in his pocket. What, getting a blowjob from a walking STD? Sounds like real fun.
"Dude, it says dear Blake. Last time I checked you were Brian."
"Blake, Brian its close enough! She wants me now!"
"Yeah don't get too excited." I said biting the inside of my cheek thinking about the consequences. "What about Gabe?"
"Gabe?"
"Yeah, Gabe." I said looking up at Brian from the microphone wire Zacky never finished rolling up, "The guy who hates you already, and will hate you even more come Friday when he returns from suspension only to find out you've been messing around with his girl."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Brian said rolling his eyes. "Like you would have gotten me any further."
My mouth dropped as my eyes snapped up looking at Brian. "What the hell did you just say?"
"You heard me," he crossed his arms around his chest.
"I-I helped you!" I was fuming, stuttering and shaking with anger. "I helped you so much! I gave you your style! I helped you get noticed! If you didn't have me push you up to go volunteer as a replacement guitarist, you wouldn't have gotten that note! If it wasn't for me in general, you would have never gotten noticed by anyone at all!" I heard my cracking voice echo throughout campus.
"You know what? Thanks for nothing. Instead of being proud of me, you do this."
"Do what? Care about you? Your safety? I'm trying to look out for you, but clearly you can handle it. Talk to me when you can get your shit together, 'cause now your acting like a giant asshole." I slung my backpack across my shoulders and walked away leaving him behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooohh & the drama begins!! Haha fourth chapter is up and out!! What do you guys think will happen next? Thoughts? I noticed the layout for this story had turned into complete crap, so expect a change in that soon. Ohh & I'd like to give a warm thank-you to Syn-Vengeance for commenting on the last chapter. :D Very nice, now as for everyone else. Don't be affraid to show this story some love by commenting aswell(;
-Eli<3