‹ Prequel: Always A Day Too Late

I'm With the Band and the Babies

One Last Peaceful Nap

I woke up the next morning and smiled when I looked over to see Johnny all curled up in a chair. Right then a nurse came in with Nolan and Jersey because it was time to nurse them.

“Morning.” she smiled at me. Her name was Julie and she was an older lady. The only nice nurse her. I felt the bed dip and I looked over to see Johnny snuggling up to me.

“Morning.” I said back as she handed me Nolan and gave Jersey to him, and then she left.

“Did you sleep well?” Johnny asked as he kissed my cheek. I looked down at Nolan and nodded. I felt so close to them when they nursed.

“Yes, even though it’ll be the last good sleep I will have for a long time,” I laughed.

“How about you?”

“Eh, it was alright.” He told me rubbing my back and playing with Jersey.

After they were done feeding, they were both wide awake. Right then Justin and Cora came in the room. They both came over and hugged me.

“You’re just in time they’re wide awake.” Johnny said handing Nolan off to Justin and I gave Jersey to Cora.

“Oh my gosh! Ya’ll made some gorgeous babies.” Cora practically screeched. She was from Alabama so she had quite the accent.

“She’s right. Although Nolan looks a little bit like me.” Justin said staring at him.

“Ha! You wish.” I laughed, and looked over at Johnny who was practically sleeping.

“Johnny, hun why don’t you go home and take a nap. I’ll be fine while Justin and Cora are here.” I said smiling at him.

“Are you sure?” he asked and I nodded my head.

“Alright, I’ll be back in a little bit.” He said and came over to give me a kiss.

Johnny’s POV

After I left the hospital I went back to our house where Rhian, Jimmy, Niki, Brian, and my mom were located. They were getting stuff set up for when LynnZ and the babies come home later, the bar-b-que tomorrow, and helping finish the nursery. When I walked in the door Brian saw me.

“Hey, what’s up?” he asked setting a box down.

“Nothing really, just came home for a shower and to help. Where are Zacky and Matt?” I asked him sitting down on a step.

“With Taylor and Madison, they went shopping for the bar-b-que tomorrow. Man, you look like shit, you should go get some sleep.” He said patting me on the back and then walking up the stairs. Right then my mom found me. She came up to me and gave me a hug.

“Hey mom, what’s going on?” I asked hugging her back.

“Nothing much sweetie, getting everything settled. Seeing those babies last night gave me some energy,” she laughed

“But I heard Brian, and he was right, you do need some sleep.” She said all concerned like and I just rolled my eyes

“I know mom, I just want to see how every thing is going.” I said as I started climbing the stairs. When I got up to the nursery Rhian and Niki were folding clothes while Jimmy sat in the rocking chair drinking a beer, who knows where Brian is.

“Hey Johnny, how’s it going, and how is LynnZ?” Niki asked stacking clothes under the changing table.

“Good, LynnZ is with Justin and Cora right now. My parents, Papa Gates, and Suzy are going over in about an hour. I just came home for a nap.” I said going over to the window and looking to the backyard at the pool.

“What you’re not helping? You lazy asshole.” Jimmy said laughing and Rhian slapped him on the back of the head.

“Don’t listen to him, we’ve got everything under control.” She said smiling at me.

“I’m not. I just wanted to take a quick look around the room.” I said looking around. We made them each their own nursery, bur for now they’re going to share Nolan’s. Jersey’s is a lavender color and his is a ‘sea foam green’ LynnZ said, I’m not sure. There is a crib between the two windows and the rocking chair Jimmy is currently residing in, is in the corner, and a changing table on either side of the room. I said bye to them and went into mine and LynnZ’s room for one more peaceful nap.

LynnZ’s POV

Papa Gates and Suzy had just left and I just dressed Nolan and Jersey so me and Johnny could take them home.

“It feels so weird to be so much smaller again.” I smiled looking at Johnny.

“Well not as small as you were yet.” Johnny said looking up from Jersey to me and my smile quickly faded as I picked up Nolan, and he realized his mistake.

“But I mean, baby you still look good.” He said trying to cover himself.

“Yea, yea Johnny. You think me just birthing your children you could be a little nicer.” I said pouting and he just laughed and kissed my cheek.

It was really sunny out and I got impatient waiting for Johnny to pull up with the car. When he pulled up we put the babies in the back seat and I sat in back with them. When we got almost all the way home Nolan started crying.

“Aww baby don’t cry, its ok.” I cooed to him and gave him his binky so he would stop and he calmed down.

“Is he alright?” Johnny asked looking in the rear view mirror.

“Yea he is fine. Just a little fussy, he is probably getting hungry.” I said with a yawn.

When we got back to the house Matt came out and grabbed Jersey so I didn’t have to.

“Aww, you’re so sweet. Has my baby made you a softie?” I laughed and he just pretended not to hear me. We walked in the house and Taylor was sitting on the couch. I flopped down next to her, and put my feet up on the table.

“Hey dear, rough day?” she asked and I just glared at her, then I looked at Johnny who as about to pick Jersey up.

“Don’t even do it Johnny. Just let them sleep until they wake up.” I warned laughing and he stood right up and came to sit next to me and Matt next to Taylor, we have one of those big wrap around couches.

“So LynnZ is your mom and dad coming tomorrow?” Matt asked and I just laughed and leaned into Johnny.

“Well they didn’t come see their grandchildren while I was in the hospital. What makes tomorrow any different? I dunno Justin came to see me today and he is staying with them and I told him to tell them to come, but I doubt they will. I mean I know dad wants to come, but mom probably won’t let him.” I said and Johnny kissed the side of my head.

“Good, we don’t want her there anyways. Besides your mom always ruins all the fun.” Taylor said making us laugh. Just then Jersey started crying, and I went over to her and picked her up.

“Someone is hungry. Johnny can you get me the boppy and a blanket please?” I asked him.

“Ok I think it is time for us to go.” Taylor said coming over and giving me and hug and kissing Jersey, Matt doing the same.

“Bye guys.” Johnny said as he walked back over to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
here's a chapter finally =]
hope everyone likes

comments?
<3