‹ Prequel: Always A Day Too Late

I'm With the Band and the Babies

I wouldn't change it

I woke up for the third time that night by one of the babies crying. I looked at the clock and it was five in the morning and I was really tired. Johnny woke up and looked at me.

“Hey you want me to go get them?” he asked rubbing his eyes.

“No babe, I’m already up.” I said kissing his cheek and then dragging myself to the nursery. I got there and it was Nolan who was crying, he seemed to need a lot more attention than Jersey. She was pretty mellow, when she needed something she cried once or twice and then waited. Yesterday when everyone stopped over to see them Nolan got pretty fussy but Jersey let them pass her around. I picked him up and sat in the rocking chair with him.

“Hey little man, you hungry?” I said to him getting comfortable. I was rocking him for a while humming to him when Jersey let out a wail, then a few seconds later let out another one. I was torn on what to do because Nolan was still feeding, but she needed something. I didn’t have to worry when I seen Johnny walk in yawning. He went over to her and picked her up.

“Do you know what she might need?” he asked me, and I nodded.

“Probably just a diaper change, because I just fed her about an hour ago.” I said and he took her over to the changing table, and then put her back in the crib and she went right back to sleep. He walked over to me and kissed Nolan on the top of his head.

“Do you want me to stay up with you?” he asked me.

“No, its ok he should be done soon and hopefully it’ll be the last time they’ll be up before morning.” I said and he went back to bed. After Nolan was done I put him back in bed and then went back.

I felt like my head just hit the pillow when the alarm went off. I looked at the clock and it said eight. Normally I would’ve slept longer but today was the bar-b-que, and I had a million things to do. Not counting taking care of the babies.

I rolled over and Johnny wasn’t next to me. I got up and grabbed a pair of Johnny’s boxers and put them on, then I went into the nursery and the babies weren’t there. I started going down the stairs and my stomach started growling when I smelt bacon. I walked into the kitchen to see Johnny cooking and the babies sitting in their seats on the counter.

“Boy you know how to wake up a girl.” I said smiling at him when he turned around.

“I figured you’d want to start the day off good.” He said plating up some food for me, as Jersey started crying.

“I swear every time I blink one of them wants to eat. Can you get me the boppy and give me my food.” I said laughing and he got it for me. I started feeding her and started eating breakfast.

“So what is going on for today?” Johnny asked me.

“Umm after I’m done here I’m going up and taking a much needed shower. Then the bar-b-que is after lunch so everyone should be here in a few hours. As for that I plan on not doing anything and spending the day with our babies.” I said laughing. After I got done eating breakfast I went upstairs real quick and took a shower. When I got out I put my hair up in a bun and slipped into a purple sundress. I walked back downstairs and Matt and Taylor were in the living room holding the babies.

“Hey guys what are you doing here so early?” I asked them sitting down next to Matt who was holding Jersey.

“We wanted to get here early before everyone showed up and hogged them.” Taylor said laughing and Johnny came into the living room sitting down in a chair and I got up and went over and sat on his lap.

“Ok guys I dunno if this makes me sound crazy but I don’t want everyone holding them all day. I mean I know people see new babies and want to hold them, but they’re only two days old and I kinda just want them to myself.” I said and they started laughing.

“Of course it doesn’t make you sound crazy, you are their mom. You had them in you for nine months, now they’re out. Nobody would blame you for that.” Taylor said and I nodded.

“Your right, I just didn’t want to seem selfish.” I said

“LynnZ, stop you’re allowed to be and if anyone has a problem with that, they’ll have to put up with me.” Johnny said laughing.

“Ok.” I said leaning into him and we all started talking about today and what was going on. By the time everyone else showed up the babies were fed and sleeping. The people who were there were me, Johnny, Taylor, Matt, Rhian, Jimmy, Niki, Brian, Madison, Zacky, Matty, JB, their girlfriends, Johnny’s parents, Papa Gates, Suzy, Brian’s little sister, Justin, Cora, and some more people. Needless to say there were a lot of people there. Nolan and Jersey were upstairs sleeping and we had those little baby monitors things so we knew if they cried. Everyone brought gifts because a few days before having the babies Niki realized we never had a baby shower. I was walking out of the backyard into the house when I heard someone talking on the baby monitor.

“Johnny did you know if someone was up with the babies?” I asked him kind of paranoid.

“No? Why? What is wrong.” He asked and I could tell he was worried.

“Because I can hear someone talking.” I said handing him the monitor and I immediately ran upstairs and my jaw dropped when I seen what was going on. There before me was my mom holding Nolan.

“Mom what are you doing here?” I asked walking over and gently taking him away from her.

“Well I was invited, don’t sound so surprised. I do have a right to see them, they are my grandchildren.” She smugly said and I picked up Jersey too.

“No mom you don’t have a right. It’s more like a privilege. You have done nothing but be rude to me ever since I started Johnny. You didn’t come to my wedding or come see me in the hospital when I had Jersey and Nolan. So don’t think it’s ok to walk into my house and come see them without even asking.” I fumed

“It’s because you could do so much better than Johnny. You should’ve just stayed with Joe, he was going places, and I came in because I heard him crying. What grandmother would ignore that?” she questioned and my jaw dropped.

“Are you serious?! That is such bullshit! I left Joe because he hit me, and he isn’t going place last time I heard he worked at a used car dealership. As for Johnny, he has never once laid a hand on me in anger, and he is in a famous rock band, going way farther than Joe ever could, and I love him more than you could ever know. Johnny is the most amazing guy I know and he will always support me no matter what. Oh, and don’t lay that ‘I heard him crying’ crap on me. I’ve had the monitor on me the whole time and neither of them has made a peep. Just because I’m young does not mean I’m not a good mother. You’ve always doubted me all my life, and my decisions have never been good enough for you. At least dad and Justin support me.” I said walking out of the room leaving my mom standing there with her jaw dropped down.

I walked through the kitchen talking to an awake Nolan and Jersey. When I walked outside everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me. I couldn’t figure out what was going on then I looked at Johnny and seen what he quickly put behind his back.

“Oh my god, I’m so embarrassed.” I said hanging my head in shame and then they all started the slow clap and whooping. I seen my dad walk over to me and I thought that I was going to get some speech about how I shouldn’t talk to my mother like that.

“Dad I’m sorry, I just snapped. I didn’t mean-” and he cut me off.

“No apologies, she deserved it. As much as I love your mother she needed to be put in her place. So I didn’t come over here to yell at you I can over to see my grandkids.” He said smiling at me and I handed them to him, and did I mention it’s not easy to hold two newborns at the same time. It takes a lot of skill and carefulness. I walked over to Johnny who was grinning the whole time and buried my head in my chest.

“Did I ever tell you I love you?” he asked me and I laughed

“No.” I said looking up at him and he kissed me

“Well I love you.” He said wrapping his arms around me and I looked over to see all my friends walking towards me grinning.

“Damn LynnZ. I didn’t think you had it in you.” Taylor said and I just sighed

“Neither did I.” I said and they all slapped me on the back. I was walking around talking to everyone when Justin came up to me.

“Hey you, it’s about time you told her how you really felt.” He smiled giving me a hug and I hugged him back

“Yea I know everyone is saying that but I still feel bad. Is she even here?” I asked and he shrugged as Cora came over.

“Damn ya’ll are crazy up here. If I talked to my mama like that I’d get slapped.” She said.

“No offense Cora, but you have no idea what my life has been like. Or the relationship I have with my mom. So I wouldn’t expect you to understand.” I said getting angry and walking away. I heard a baby cry and I searched the crowd to find out where they were at and who had them. I laughed when I seen a panicked looking Rhian with a crying baby in her hands. I walked over to her and she looked up at me.

“Oh thank god.” She laughed and I picked up Jersey.

“Too much to handle?” I asked her and Jimmy put his hand around her.

“Yea she isn’t ready for one yet.” He said and I laughed

“Don’t be so sure. But I have to go up and get her changed so I’ll be back.” I said walking away. When I got up to the nursery I saw my mom sitting in the rocking chair. She noticed I was there and looked up at me.

“Don’t worry I’m just changing her diaper. I’ll be out of here in a minute.” I said laying her on the changing table. She shook her head and then stood up.

“Damn it LynnZ! I’m trying to be a good grandmother here. I know I was never the best mother for you, but I don’t want that to come in between the relationship I have with them. Please, I want to be in their lives.” She said and I finished changing Jersey.

“Fine mom, I never said you couldn’t. I want you and dad to be the kind of grandparents where you spoil them and they want to come stay with you all the time
+. That doesn’t mean we have to be best friends. Now come downstairs with everyone. You don’t have to stay up here and pout.” I said walking down the stairs.

The rest of the night went really good, everyone had a good time. Rhian and Jimmy were the last people to leave.

“Thanks for helping today.” I smiled giving Rhian a hug.

“No problem love. See you tomorrow.” She said and then Jimmy gave me a hug and they left. The babies were upstairs sleeping and I said on the couch with Johnny cuddling up next to him.

“Babe I’m so exhausted. I think we should go to bed.” I said and he sighed.

“I know me too. We’re too young to be going to bed this early.” He said closing his eyes.

“I know, too bad. I guess we shouldn’t have had sex, although I wouldn’t change it for anything.” I laughed and he nodded his head.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh yea i know it's been forever but
my internet was dissconnected -.-
but i hope you guys like it =D
woot

<3

comments = happiness lol