Status: In progress

Arranged Marriage to a Vampire...How Cliche.

Chapter 1- Hola, Adios

-Zoe Point of view-

Staring at my parents in shock, I thought,

“Why did this have to happen to me? I’m just your normal average girl, with good grades and a best friend.”

“It’s for your own good, dear. We have known the Smith’s for a long time. Their son will take care of you.” My mother had taken my hands in hers as she said this to try and comfort me.

I stood and took my hands from hers and made my way towards the window that rested on the
far wall in the living room of our home I kept my eyes outside, then I said one simple phrase,
“Why?”

“You will figure out in due time, dear.” My mother had been the one to answer, as always.

My father had stayed silent during my whole ordeal. He was always the quiet and calming man for a father, but, that is why I love him so.

As I stood looking out the window, I felt my eyes start to tear up. I had never wanted this to happen. Even as a little girl I dreamed of being in love and being married to my prince, then having many children, but, now that dream feels unobtainable.

My father sensed me being upset, and stood up then came up to me with his arms wide for a hug. I flew into his arms, and cried until I could’t even breathe.

***

Here I am now packing everything that I owned. I grabbed a picture of my five year old self and my father a ripe age of 20 years old. We were both smiling at one another. I wish I could go back to those days, when everything was light and carefree. Sighing I put the picture into suitcase, with all my clothes.

Looking around, my room for the last time, i thought,

‘Goodbye, adios, Chaio my old life, I will miss you dearly.’

The feeling of despair fell upon me as I shut my bedroom door behind me. One of the hardest parts of this is leaving everything I know and love behind.

Taking a deep breath, I took my luggage down stairs and waited for my ride to my new home and new fiancé.

-Zak Point of View-

My new fiancé was supposed to arrive today, I was kind of happy to see her in person, not in photographs.

I have known about our marriage for the past ten years, I took the news quite nicely, for an eight-year-old.

Zoe and I were supposed to be married because I would be in need of an heir when I took over my father’s place on the throne. Well, let’s just say, I’m kind of a prince in my world, but, I wouldn’t be ruling over the whole vampire population, only a small part of it.

There are seven “kings” so to speak. We all have a different piece of land & people that we rule over. My father was the most powerful king because he had the most land and support from the other ones.

We only had one enemy and that was the “king” Alastair. He has been trying to take over my father’s kingdom ever since I was born or maybe longer, I seriously don’t know.

The gate opening at the end of our home drew me out of my thoughts. Zoe was finally here.

Now, I can see what my fiancé looks like in person, not in pictures.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it, Hate it? I appreciate constructive criticism.