Every Little Thing

Crowded Room

On entry to roll call, the students already there turned to look at Katie and I. I lowered my hood down and the stares continued; as if they hadn't seen a new kid before. I took Katie up to our roll call teacher, Ms. Platt.

"Miss, this is Katie," I told her.

"Welcome dear," Ms. Platt smiled at Katie then at me. "I'm very glad that Nicky has befriended you." She smiled a finishing smile and Katie and I made our way to vacant seats towards the back of the classroom.

"So," I turned to Katie. "What do you think of this place so far?"

"I like it so far," she replied, then lowered her voice. "But, the kids in this class; they keep looking at me."

"Sup! Emo piece of shit?!" A males voice shouted from across the room.

I looked up. I saw jerky Kevin Stutter in the back right corner, jeering and laughing with his bastard mates. Katie looked down at the table top and put her hands in her lap.

"You got a fucking problem?" I shouted over the classes numerous discussions. I saw Ms. Platt look up from her desk and stare at me.

"What'd you say to me, Emo Dike?" Kevin sat up straight.

"I said, you got a fucking problem?" I was angry.

"Not with you lesbian," he told me. "With your emo freak friend!"

"You wanna start me?" I said standing up and storming over to him. I didn't know where this new found confidence had come from, but I was going to run with it. Kevin stood up as well.

"Yeah lesbian, I really do."

We were standing an inch from each others faces when Ms. Platt stepped in.

"Okay! That's enough!" She was so pissed. "Both of you, afternoon detention!"

"What'd I do?" Kevin whined.

"You're such a moron," I told him simply, when Ms. Platt wondered back to her desk.

I walked back to my desk and plopped down.

"Thanks," Katie said quietly.

"No problems," I shrugged.

"Sorry you got detention," she seemed genuinely upset.

"Its okay," I shrugged again. "Its only detention."
♠ ♠ ♠
Pretty much a filler. Ill try a bit more excitement next chapter.