Stole My Heart

.2.

Frozen yogurt. The perfect treat for any day really. Alyssa was with me, chatting away about the party I missed. I'm pretty sure 85% of what she was telling me was false. She definitely stumbled in last night beyond plastered and incoherent. She's probably really just describing her dreams to me.

"Oh my God! Ryan was there! Did I tell you that?" Ryan was her ex. She claims she's over him, but I think we both know that's a lie.

"Yea, so... he was there with Rebecka. Can you believe it? That slut?! Really? So I grabbed Joe and just started making out with him. Ryan was totally jealous." I rolled my eyes and pushed open the door to Pinkberry. All the tables inside were unfortunately full. We were going to have to brave the heat.

"Let's walk," I suggested, "We can do some window shopping" We walked up the sidewalk, fro-yo in hand. Alyssa was still babbling on. I've taight myself how to drown her out. The girl just loves hearing herself speak.

The California sunshine was really putting a beating on us today. The sky was completely clear, so we could feel it's full extense of heat. I can just imagine all the pool parties going on back at campus. Which Alyssa would no doubt drag me to. She won't hear any complaints from me this time. A quick dip in the pool sounds real nice right about now.

I was completely lost in my thoughts. Not really paying attention to my surroundings. So it's no surprise that I ran into someone. They were just coming out of a shop we were walking past. Clearly the guy I ran into wasn't paying attention either, or else this could have been avoided. I reached out to steady myself and the person.

"Oh geez...I'm so--" I froze. No way. It can't be. Alyssa squeaked. I closed my mouth and looked at heer curiously.

"It's... It's...!" she stuttered. She was bouncing on her heels and flailing her arms around. She looked like a lunatic. I was fully prepared to start backing away and claiming I didn't know her. But, I had something else to address first.

"Madison, good to see you again." I turned back towards the person I'd run into. Alyssa squeaked again.

"Louis," I breathed, "Good to see you too." Alyssa suddenly grabbed my arm and dragged me a short distance away.

"Do you have any idea who that is!?" she whisper-shouted.

"Uh... Louis?" I said confused. She gaped at me. Eyes bugged out of her head, jaw dropped, the whole she-bang.

"Are you kidding me!?!" She looked back over my shoulder. I did the same. Harry and some other guy were standing with Louis now.

"That's One fucking Direction," she said shaking me slightly. I'm lost. I'm sure my blank expression upset her even more.

"Mads!" I turned around, Harry was smiling and waving at me. I walked back towards them. I heard Alyssa mumble, "How the hell do you not know who One Direction is?"

"Hey Harry," I smiled, "Really didn't expect to see you two again." Not that I was complaining.

"Who's the pretty lass?" the new guy asked. He was Irish, this one. I looked him over. Blonde hair, blue eyes and he just gave off this vibe of happiness.

"Niall, this is Madison. Madison, this is Niall," Louis introduced us.

"Hi. This is my friend Alyssa. She apparently knows more about you guys than I do," I raised my brow at them. The three boys shared an uncertain look. Alyssa took a deep breath and word vomit spewed out.

"Oh my God I love you so much! I never thought I would ever actually meet you. I tried getting tickets to your show, but it sold out! $300 for VIP is highway robbery by the way. You guys are all so adorable, and I watch your X-Factor videos all the time. And oh my God, I can't believe you're standing in front of me!" I stared at my friend wide-eyed. She just went total fangirl on me. I guess these guys were a bigger deal than I thought.

"Wow..." Niall chuckled, "Didn't even stop for air."

"Uhm... why don't we explain everything over some In-N-Out?" Louis suggested. I nodded at him. The five of us continued up the street to the nearest In-N-Out.

The boys informed me that they were 3/5 of an international boy band. One Direction. They all auditioned on X-Factor back in 2010. Individually, by the way. They didn't make it as solo artists, but Simon Cowell saw potential in them and grouped them together. They're all over the UK, obviously. Now they're here getting some good 'ol American promoting. They even beat out Adele for a Brit award. Which is apparently a big deal for British artists.

The whole situation was just weird for me. if Alyssa hadn't veen with me, I'd most likely still be left in the dark. I think the guys liked that I didn't know who they were. They don't act how you'd expect world famous popstars to act. They're normal teenage boys. With massive appetites. I literally just watched Niall devour two burgers. Harry was a real charmer. Alyssa was just eating him up. And Louis... was stealing my fries. I swatted his hand away. He pouted, then took my whole tray.

"Louis!" I reached over him trying to get my food back.

"Get a room you two," Harry chuckled. I looked at him. He had an amused smirk on his face. I looked at myself and Louis. I was practically in his lap. He had one arm around my waist, the other was holding the tray out of my reach. Well...this is awkward. I blushed bright red and immediately sat back. Louis put the tray down and nervously rubbed the back of his neck. He coughed, "Well..uh...w-what were we talking about?'

"I was saying we should try and get the girls into our show tonight," Niall smiled, "They can meet Zayn and Liam then."

"I'm sure you don't have a problem with that. Eh, Lou?" Harry winked. Louis glared at him.

"Uh... yea... Cool," I said absently. I wasn't really paying attention anymore. I was too busy thinking about how close I'd been to Louis just then. I was all flustered now.

"Isn't that great, Maddie?" Alyssa exclaimed, "Can you believe it? Best spring break EVER!"

//Louis POV// ~Roughly 2 hours later~

We were hanging out in our hotel room. We had just filled Liam and Zayn in on our plan to get Madison and her friend into the show.

Madison. Maddie. Mads, as Harry likes to call her. That girl... she intrigued me. There was just something about her. I was all too disappointed when we had to leave the coffee shop yesterday. We had barely got to speak. Harry noticed and has been giving me hell about it. He was beyond happy when we ran into her, literally, today.

"Bet you can't wait to see Mads again, eh Lou?" Harry smirked.

"Shut up, Haz" I growled.

"Louis fancies Madison?" Zayn asked with a bemused grin.

"No!"

"Wait till you see her," Harry chuckled, "The way he looks at her. I don't blame him though. She's bloody gorgeous. He gets extra smiley around her."

"I do not!" I could feel myself blushing. This obviously was not helping my case.

"Right on, Louis!" Zayn clapped me on my back. I jumped up, "In case you lot have forgotten... I have a girlfriend. How can I possibly fancy someone I've barely even met?!"

"You're just in denial, mate," Niall smiled. I was getting frustrated. I don't like when they gang up on me.

"Liam!" I pleaded. Liam rolled his eyes, "Let him be, lads." Harry, Zayn and Niall laughed, but they stopped pestering me.

"I need a drink," I mumbled walking towards the door.

"You're underage here, Louis," Liam called after me. I rolled my eyes. One year. Underage by one year. That's the only thing I dislike about America. The drinking age. I opened the door and left the room. My phone vibrated in my pocket.

From: Eleanor

Hi Boo :) good luck tonight. xx

I smiled to myself. The guys know what El and I have is serious. I don't know why Harry insists on joking there's something between Madison and I. We had one little awkward moment today, but that was Harry's fault. I was just messing around with her. I joke around with everyone! It was only awkward cause he made that comment. Frickin, Hazza. Although, I have to admit she looks adorable when she blushes. No! What am I saying?

I rubbed my face with my hands. I only just realized I'd been pacing. I sighed deeply and leaned against the wall. The door opened and Harry stepped out.

"Hey Lou, we're going to get some food, then head over to the venue. You okay, mate? You know we were just jacking around." I put on a smile.

"Course, Haz. I know." He looked at me quizzically, "Alright then. Although I still think you fancy her. You can still look, Lou. But remember, under no circumstance can you touch."

"Harry!" He laughed and went back inside our room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2! Whoo!