Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

Dragged you down below, down to the devil's show.

Out of the sunlight, Alexis was a bit more awake, but she wished she wasn’t. Confusion and anger was running rampant through her nestmates, and nearly all of them were screaming.
“Thor’s going to be furious we just left him out there!” Miranda barked at Brian.
“Who gives a fuck?” Brian responded to her rather flatly.
“Why the fuck was he out there in the first place?” Johnny asked.
All of a sudden everyone’s eyes shifted back over to Alexis.
Looking back up at everyone as she sat on the floor, once again cradling Matt’s body, she rolled her eyes.
“Should I start at the beginning or…?” She asked. She was in no mood, her eyes were heavy and Matt didn‘t look…or smell…that good.
“The beginning is fine.” Jimmy said.
“When Brian and Isabel went out to…lure…people for me to…eat…” Alexis cringed. “Matt found me and we were about to leave when I think he smelled something in the woods. Now I’m pretty sure it was the fairies.”
“Elves.” Johnny corrected.
“Whatever.” Alexis sighed. “He put me down and went off into the woods, but he didn’t come back. Thor came not too long after that, grabbed me, I don’t fucking know why, so if you want that answer ask him when he comes back. Matt was like…yelling for me…with his brain? I don’t fucking know how to explain that. In any case, Thor wouldn’t let me go, and then Matt was in serious fucking pain. I just had to go find him, but Thor still wouldn‘t let me go…the next thing I know, I had tore his god damn leg off…”
Jimmy laughed loudly, covering his face with his hand. “Fucking awesome.”
“Yeah fucking magical.” Alexis spat sarcastically, adjusting herself to try and stand. “Isabel will you help me?” She asked, barely able to keep herself standing much less be able to carry Matt too.
Isabel nodded and walked over, bending down to grab Matt’s legs as they began to maneuver him through the house.

“Who is she!” The blonde elf screamed at Matt’s crumpled body.
The darker haired elf stayed off to the side, averting her gaze from the ruined body in front of her. It reeked of blood and her nose wrinkled.
“She has nothing to do with anything!” Matt shouted back.
“Bullshit!” Val sank the silver blade into Matt’s stomach.
With a scream, Matt shrank away from her and closed his eyes, pulling Alexis‘s blood towards him. As he opened his eyes, Val was ripping at the wound she had created. “Stop!”
“Tell me who she is!” The elf hissed, pinning Matt’s body flat back to the ground.
As the blood rushed from Matt’s body, he looked up at Val, his hazel eyes meeting her dark brown ones. “Why does it even matter to you?”
Val slapped him. A split appeared on Matt’s cheek, and although it did sting because the elves weren’t weak, he didn’t let her see it hurt at all.
“You’re mine! You’ve always been mine!” Val cried.
Matt’s eyes showed her no pity. “Now I’m hers, Val, and I will be. Forever. Which is a hell of a lot longer than I was ever or will ever be yours.”
Valary let the tears glide down her smooth face in silence. Staring at Matt, he watched all the emotions pour through her. Anger, sadness, jealousy…
“You have known me for 150 years, Matt. What makes her so special? Why’d you choose her?” Val whispered.
“I didn’t. Our blood is mated.”
Knowing that vampires once they became a pair, were mates for life. A surge of anger rampaged through Val’s slight frame and she slammed the knife into Matt’s body again.
“Val!” Michelle called. “Any of his friends could find us right now.”
“Shut up!” Val spat back.
Matt howled, choking on his own blood as the knife plunged into his body over and over again. The serrated edge of the blade cut into him and left jagged cuts through his body and they bled profusely, drenching the elf in Matt’s blood.
“Why did you leave me?” Stopping for a moment, Val draped herself over Matt’s frame and wept. “I loved you so much!”
“I…” blood poured over Matt’s mouth. “I didn’t…” he gasped for breath, but it gurgled inside his throat and blood heaved from his mouth. “I loved your blood.” he groaned.
Val smiled through her tears and wiped at them with a bloody hand. “You could have it every night if you wanted. Just be with me.”
Matt’s head fell back and he sighed. He called for Alexis again and prayed she would come fast enough. “I hate you.” he said out loud, doing his best to direct it at Val.
“You don’t mean that…” She said softly, light tears trickling down her cheeks.
“Yes I do!” Matt roared. “I hate you and I wish I never fucking met you in my entire existence!” As he yelled, blood oozed out of his mouth.
Valary’s body tensed up and there was something different behind her eyes now. Matt just wanted her to kill him if that’s what she was going to do. Frustrated, he laid back and let his body go slack.
The elf’s hands jammed inside of Matt’s body, tearing the organs out in rage, her hands clamped tightly as she jerked and pulled. There was blood everywhere and it was quickly seeping into the ground around Matt’s shape.
The soft heat of Alexis’s closeness to Matt tingled through his fingers and toes as his eyes fluttered. He tried to stay awake, but it was getting difficult now and he wasn‘t sure how long he could hold out. He called for her again and within seconds she burst from the brush. As happy as he was to see her, the look on her face told him that things were worse than he had realized. He had never bothered to look down to see what Valary had done to him, for fear of losing the sliver of hope that he would make this out alive. But Alexis was here and a dimpled grin spread across his bloody mouth.
“Alexis…”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm a really shitty updater. This is a flashback, obviously. I've got so many ideas for this story and it's kind of jamming me up a little bit. At the end of this story, there may be some bonus chapters such as the entire scene with Matt and the Elves that we didn't get to see, and what happened to Thor after Alexis left him. I'm working on another chapter now so I should have another one up today. Enjoy lovelies!