Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

If I can get away from her and save my worthless life.

Alexis’s eyes shot open to the darkened room from her dream. She heard yelling, but wasn’t sure who it was, and she for only a second, didn’t even care. Looking over at Matt, she hoped he would be at least somewhat better, but he wasn’t. Matt’s body hadn’t begun to close up yet, instead the large hole remained in his stomach which caused Alexis’s heart to sink every time she looked at it. The one good thing she could note was that he smelled better than he had before they brought him to bed.
A large crashing noise brought Alexis back to the situation happening without her. A gentle tapping at the door made Alexis shoot out of the bed. She wasn’t wearing anything except her panties and she hadn’t bathed since the massacre so blood crusted to her and leaves were still intertwined in her hair. Opening the door she saw Miranda. Her bright red hair was frayed out and her eyes were full of panic.
“Alexis I know I’m in no position to ask for your help but Thor came back…and he’s not happy.”
Alexis nodded and closed the door behind her, running with Miranda up the stairs and through the long corridors of the house. They had passed the communal space and Alexis wondered where they could be. Alexis and Miranda raced through the maze of the structure, their feet pounding as they covered the distance. Eventually the sound became clear. Coming to one last hallway, the pair paused and looked at each other. The door was open, but the frame was nearly torn apart. Alexis ran to the door frame and stopped again.
“Callie’s already dead!” Zacky shouted into Thor’s face. Thor had Zacky by the neck of his shirt.
“Your little brat nearly killed Matthew!” Thor roared.
Brian and Rev looked up from the corner and saw Alexis in the doorway trying to make sense of what was happening.
When Thor’s hands wrapped around Zacky’s neck, Alexis’s eyes widened and before she knew it, she had thrown Thor into the wall and turned to put Zacky behind her.
Thor straightened himself out and looked up to meet Alexis’s eyes.
“Alexis! We’re on the same side!” He held his hands out in submission.
Alexis‘s face was stoic. “What the fuck are you talking about, Thor?”
“Zacky’s bitch nearly got Matt killed! Callie and this stupid bitch over here,” he gestured to Miranda. “helped the elves get him!”
Alexis crossed her arms and looked back at Miranda then back at Thor. “Well Zacky didn’t lie to you. Callie’s already dead.”
“How do you know that, though?” He asked.
“Because I fucking killed her.” Alexis’s face contorted into disgust as she shrugged an arm out at Thor.
Thor’s eyes lit up with what looked like some sort of pride and it sent a ripple of hatred through Alexis’s body.
Silence passed through the group. Johnny took the moment to grab Miranda and pull her back.
Thor’s eyes followed them. “You should have got her too, Alexis.”
Alexis pursed her lips. “I should have got YOU, Thor.” she said, taking a step forward. “I didn’t forget what happened. You ignored his pain to take me. Disgusting.”
Thor didn’t know what to do but he was restless and couldn’t stand still. He was eyeing the door, but Alexis moved to his side, standing in front of the door to block his path.
“Alexis, you have to understand…”
“Understand what?”
“What I had to do to--”
Alexis cut him off. “Oh did you have to starve me? Did you have to do that? Did you have to abandon Matt as he was dying?” Alexis smirked with only one side of her mouth and shook her head. “Bullshit.”
Thor’s eyes widened and he paused before trying to head for the door, but Alexis grabbed his arm and snapped it again, using the other arm to grab his neck and push him to his knees on the floor as she latched on behind him and knelt down.
“I’ll never forget what you’ve done.” She whispered.
Thor was both whimpering and growling and Alexis slammed his face to the floor for it.
“You were stupid for coming back here.” Alexis still had her hand clamped around Thor’s neck and the other pinning his snapped arm behind his back. Pulling the arm forward she listened as Thor screamed. “And if you come back again…I’ll kill you. Get the fuck away from here.” Alexis let go of Thor’s body and waited as he stood up. When he turned around, Alexis’s eyes had gone dark and the irises glowed in the dim room. She was smiling, but it was menacing and just being a smile, Thor took it as a threat. “Run.”
Thor’s body went kind of slack before Alexis’s eyes returned to normal. In a split second he had turned around and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one's so short! I thought it was a good place to leave a cliffhanger in case I don't get the next one up really soon. Enjoy! :)