Status: Active

She Killed My Brain

- To The Island

I rolled over and my bed and saw Jimmy in the other bed still sound asleep. I turned over on my other side so I could look out our balcony window. Everything looked so pretty, the sky was bright orange and the sun was starting to shine through. Everything looked so peaceful outside, and I really want to have a cup of coffee and just sit on the balcony. I finally got the energy to get up out of the bed and stroll on over to the coffee pot. I poured water into the back of it and put the coffee grains in the strainer, it started to make steam. I smelled the coffee making and it smelt amazing at the moment, I just kinda want to have perfume that smelt like coffee. I got a cup out of the cabinet and poured my coffee. Two sugars; and a little bit of milk made it perfect. I placed my hand around the cup, I put the cup up towards my nose so I could smell the coffee. 'Mhmm...' I looked back into the bedroom to see Jimmy turned over on his other side. I opened the door to the balcony, and made my way outside. I sat on a very comfortable chair and relaxed into it, it was the best feeling at the moment. I sipped my coffee and put it in my lap. I wish I could wake up to a morning like this everyday, I would seriously never get tired of it. I hummed a song that seem to fit this moment perfectly, music always has a way to make a moment; even more perfect than what it was to begin with. I was almost out of coffee, so I decided to go inside. I closed the door behind me and it made sort of a loud nose, though I tried to be quiet as possible. Jimmy shot up and looked at me.

"What are you doing?" he asked me.

"Just enjoying my coffee out on the balcony." I smiled to him. He was groggy and probably didn't even notice my smile at all. I was in a mood I haven't been in, in quite some time...I missed it. I just felt complete serenity. "Do you want some coffee Jimmy?"

"I would love some." he tiredly got out of his bed and sat at the small kitchen table. I went over to the coffee pot and poured him some coffee. There was still a lot left, probably for two more cups. I poured myself another cup as well. I sat his coffee down in front of him, and placed mine on the table. He smelt his coffee like I did mine earlier, I smiled. "This coffees really good."

"Thank you." I smiled again. He looked up at me.

"What's got you into such a good mood?" he didn't smirk or anything, he was just curious.

"I just feel...just, completely happy right now. I feel like this is the only time I'm going to enjoy something like this." he looked at me.

"Danni never done anything close to this with you?" I felt a ache in my chest when he said that, it felt foreign and it felt like he shouldn't have said it.

"No...maybe he made me feel happy when I was younger, but things just don't seem the same." Jimmy looked down at his cup of coffee. There wasn't any tense emotions in the air, but I didn't like to talk about Danni. At least, not now. He didn't say another word about it, I think he sensed he should keep his mouth shut and lay off the subject. I got up from the table and put my mug in the sink. I went into the bathroom and got dressed in my attire for the day. Some half shorts and a bathing suit top. I know it was going to be hot outside. I walked back into the kitchen to see Jimmy still sitting at the table. "I'm ready to go!" he looked over at me and shook his head.

"You're really ready to go?" he raised an eyebrow.

"Fuck yeah, we gotta go if we're going to enjoy the day." I slid my feet into my flip flops and started down the hallway without Jimmy. I know, I know. He's the one who brought me here, I should be spending it with him too. But honestly, I want to enjoy it a little bit by myself, I never do much by myself. I went to the beach first because it was so eye catching right now. I had my camera in my purse and I planned to take pictures. I threw my flip flops off so my toes could dig into the sand. I got my camera out and got ready for how I was going to take my picture. I got in front and back away a little bit so you could see the whole thing. I took the picture, I smiled to myself as I looked back at it to see how pretty it was.

"I didn't know you brought a flashy memory capture-er." I didn't take my eye off of the picture.

"Well, you should've known I would bring something to capture my favorite memories." I looked back at him and smiled; he smiled back at me.

"Here, let me take a picture of you in front of the water." I we both smiled and I handed him the camera. I went and jumped in front of the ocean. I felt so happy jumping around, I don't ever want this to end. "SMILE!" I put on a big grin and he took the picture, I heard the little click.

"Come on Jimmy, come take a picture with me!" he ran over to where I was and put the camera in front of us. I smiled and he made some face. He clicked the button and it snapped the picture. I giggled at Jimmy.

"I can't wait to see these pictures." he smiled down at the camera.

"We have plenty more to take, so many memories Jimmy. I don't want to forget this great time!" I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a big hug. I felt him slowly put his arms around me.

"I wanted you to have a good time Nattie," he had his head against mine. "I don't think it's fair for how he's doing you, you need a good time every now and then." I stood there a little shocked at why Jimmy did this. I didn't really think about it at first. I hugged him tighter than I was, he squeezed back.

"Thank you...Jimmy."

"No problem." After a minute we departed. I was in all good cheer now, Jimmy did all this for me and I couldn't be happier. I put my camera in my back pocket, hoping I wouldn't forget it and sit on it. Jimmy was just watching me as if I were some amazing creature.

"What should we do?" He laughed at me.

"You woke up early, and you don't even know what you want to do now?" he laughed again. I crossed my arms.

"Well, I didn't exactly know you would tag along. I thought you would stay in bed and be a lazy Jim-Jim." I turned my head, not facing him.

"We'll go do something." he put his finger to his lip. "We can go on a ferry, and go to another island!" he shouted, so proud of himself.

"That's actually a great idea." he looked up and smiled. I patted his head. "Let's do this!" I pointed my finger and started running back towards the hotel. We got up to our room and I grabbed some chips and water, I wasn't paying for that shit on the ferry! I stuffed it all in my purse so it wouldn't seem to suspicious. Jimmy eyeballed me.

"What are you doing?" he asked peeking around the corner.

"Oh nothing, nothing at all. Girl stuff. You're too young to know." he just slithered back around the corner so I couldn't see him. I was done. I grabbed my purse, sunglasses and I was ready to go. "Are you ready Jimmy?" I asked him. He was just staring at the TV.

"It's suppose to be bad weather." I looked at him strangely.

"I don't believe in the weather, come on!" I was very eager to get going, as if he didn't notice that at all.

"But Nattie, I don't want something bad to happen." I sighed.

"If you keep thinking like that it will; so don't think like that." I smiled at him and just tried to hurry and get down the stairs while he was still focusing on what I said.

"NATTIE!" he screamed.

"It's early Jimmy, come on, we have all day to worry about the weather!" he gave in and followed me down the stairs.

"I don't trust this." I rolled my eyes at him.

"Who the fuck are you?" he widened his eyes. "Where's Jimmy who likes to party, get wasted and not care what happens, huh? The Jimmy who lives in the now, not in the 'what if'? I like that Jimmy better." he looked down for a moment. He murmured something, but I didn't hear it. I ignored it and continued with what I was doing. He just followed me and didn't say much. 'Did I just make an ass out of myself and hurt Jimmy's feelings?' I started to question myself, I don't want to hurt his feelings. "J―."

"You're right Nattie. I guess I'm just loosing my cool," he smirked at me.

"See now, that's my Jimmy." he threw a smile at me. The ferry wasn't too far away and there was already people boarding it. I grabbed Jimmy's hand and ran us to the front so there would still be room for us. I felt his hand get a little heated, I just shrugged it off though. We paid our money and boarded.

"Alrighty, we are going to be headed to the far off island in the middle of Destine. It will take two hours to get there and two hours to get back. We're going to be on the island for a few hours. The sky's are clear and it should be a steady ride, please enjoy." the captain explained everything we needed to know and we started sailing. Me and Jimmy sat down on the edge where we could see the motor shifting the water to propel the boat.

"Dammit, I wanna see a dolphin." I looked down into the water hoping I could see some sign of a dolphin. I've always wanted to ride one. I watched the water soar pass us as we got on our way. I got thirsty and whipped open my purse to pull out a bottle of water.

"Where'd you get that?" I put my finger to my lips; hushing Jimmy.

"Shhh...I grabbed a couple of things so we wouldn't starve and have to pay the price for expensive things on this boat." he nodded his head. I opened the bottle and took a sip of the water, then I handed it to Jimmy. He took a big gulp and handed it back to me. I leaned against the boat already wishing we were there. I would sleep, but then Jimmy would have no one to talk to. He could always just try to go to sleep with me. I let my thoughts get the best of me, and all I could do was think about what Danni was doing. 'What did Miranda talk him into. Don't get me wrong, I know he wouldn't hurt me, but damn. He hurts me by hanging out with her. My emotions for Danni have been very mixed up lately. I don't really care anymore, then times like this, I keep finding myself thinking about him. He used to make me so happy...what exactly happened to us, where did the flame go?'

"Nattie...Nattie." Jimmy was waving his hands in front of my face.

"What is it?" he pointed ahead of us.

"We're almost there." I looked at him like he was crazy.

"How did we get here so fast?" I was so confused!

"You were just kinda in a daze, for almost two hours." I looked at him like he was a mad man. He looked at me and giggled. "You really were Nattie, don't look at me like that, it scares me." I shook my head and lifted my sunglasses.

"We're really here..."

"NO DUH!" Jimmy, very loudly, spoke into my ear. I stared at the island, it was so pretty. I thought Destine was amazing, I believe I am very wrong. We docked on the island and everyone started walking off. The captain gave everyone the information as we walked off the boat. "Where should we go first?" Jimmy started to look more excited then what he was earlier. I smiled.

"I don't know, everything just looks so exciting Jimmy!" I jumped for joy at all the excitement!

"Well...well?" Jimmy was shaking in his boots behind me. I chuckled.

"let's go there!" I pointed to a sandome, and started trying to get there as fast as I could. Jimmy following close behind me. We made it over to thr sandome and I jumped behind it. "You can never find me!" Jimmy laughed at me, knowing that he could easily go goths other side and get me if he wanted. There was so many things I wanted to do, they had canoe we could go out on.

"Come with me!" Jimmy yanked me beside him and started running over to the canoes, grabbing me and putting me in one and him jumping in the other. Grabbing a paddle and pushing us off into the sea. He began to paddle and using all his might, and I was just there doing nothing.

"Do I need to paddle?" I didn't know what I needed to do actually, Jimmy seemed like he was doing well by himself.

"No, no, I got it. Just enjoy the ride and I'll flip you over when I want you to get out." he laughed, I giggled. I watched the ocean again, watching it made me completely forget about everything that was going on. I dipped my hand into the water, watching my finger make a split in the water. 'I wish I could live in water'. I looked up at the sky, realizing that it was growing grey. I didn't really think nothing of it; a could was just passing through probably. Then, I felt the hair push hard against my skin. I looked up to see Jimmy paddling, trying to spin around. I didn't know if I should talk at this time, something seemed different about the mood. Then I saw a little wave form; and pick our boat up and go under us. I squit my face us. Jimmy was now struggling to turn around. I felt a little panic run through me, and it scared me.

"What's going on?" I tried to sound my calmest.

"Don't worry Nattie, I'm just having some trouble turning the oat around." I couldn't see his face so I couldn't tell what he was really thinking. Then I felt another wave pick us up, and another one, I was staring to get worried. Jimmy managed to turn us around, then the winded pushed us back a little bit. Jimmy was trying harder and harder to paddle to the shore. I saw off in the distance; the rain coming down pretty hard. I saw th boat that we came here on getting ready to leave. I started panicking.

"Jimmy!" I screamed.

"WHAT?!" I almost started crying.

"They're leaving without us!" he looked to the shore and I could feel how everything was tensed. We were so close to the shore. I saw them leaving and going off into the grey waters. We made it to the shore and jumped out of thr boat, trying, just trying to get to them somehow. "HEYY!" I screamed as loud as I could...no one heard me. I turned to see Jimmy staring at me with a look, a look of fear that I thought I would never see on his face. I ran towards him. He started raining hard, and the wind hit me hard in the face. Jimmy grabbed me, and we started running. He ran, and ran for me. Slightly dragging me, trying to get us out of here as fast as he could.

"Don't worry Nattie, it's going to be okay!" he got me under a big tree. It kept some of the rain off. He sat beside me and grabbed me. Hiding my head from my surroundings. He held me tight trying to reassure me that everyone was going to be okay. I held on to him, no tighter than I was holding on to him. We held on to each other right. Excpecting the worst...
♠ ♠ ♠
I just realized I had three subscripers :o. Thank you guys so much, it means a lot to me and I hope you enjoy this chapter. Comment and tell me what you think <3