The Alpha's Baby

Chapter 1

So I'm pregnant. Big whoop. When I turned sixteen, I found my mate. He just happened to be Roman Watts, the alpha of our pack. That day was perfect. I had woken up to birthday presents that morning, my parents threw me the best birthday party any sixteen year old could ask for. I wore a short purple gown, it was gorgeous. It stopped just above my knees. My mother curled my hair so it flowed in long brown curls down my back and did my makeup. She was excited that I could possibly find my mate. So the party was going great, there were hundreds of people there. Many of them were hoping to be my mate, and honestly some I wouldn't have minded. There were a lot of genuinely sweet guys there, they didn't put on a show or try to hard. When we realize we're not mates, some would ask if they could just be my friend.

I had started to lose hope in finding my other half until Roman walked in the door. I noticed just how sexy curly brown hair was. His hair was a little course like mine. Have you ever seen Corbin Bleu? Yup, that's Roman. I also noticed how the light made his green eyes glow beautifully. I noticed how strong his body was, I wanted to be in his arms the moment I saw him. He had the perfect smile, his teeth perfectly aligned. I felt like the luckiest person in the world. Instantly my heart beat for him. I wanted him in every way. I wanted to be his everything. Don't get so excited. He turned out to be a bigger jack ass than he was before I found out he was my mate.

Everything seemed perfect for a while. Roman had put away his childish ways and it seemed like he was ready to commit. Roman had always been one to get around. Every sixteen year old woman in the pack wished that he had been their mate. Honestly, I wouldn't wish him on my worst enemy. He is the devil. A few months my birthday he started to change. At first I just thought it was jealousy, but then he got possessive and rude. That led me being verbally and physically abused. If I had known he was going to treat me like this I would have rejected him. I wouldn't have fallen for his little tricks and I sure as hell wouldn't have let him complete the mating process. It was the worst damn thing I have ever done. I hate to look at the mark he left on me when we mated. When you marked your mate, it's supposed to signify the love you have for your mate. He doesn't love me. If he did he wouldn't treat me like this. I would be happy if he would have just rejected me first instead of torturing me.

I just found out I'm pregnant this morning so nobody knows yet. And to be quite frank, I'm not going to tell them. And Roman? I'm getting the hell away from him and this pack. Even my own mother thinks I should just let him do what he wants to me. Seriously mom? My father has never hit her, he's never pushed her down the stairs, he's never accused her of sleeping with other men. How could she tell me something like this? I don't need them, I can do this on my own. I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure Roman never see's my baby. I don't care what I have to do. My child will never call him daddy. I'll be its mother and its father. As long as I'm alive and well, my child will be fine without him.

I really don't know how I'm going to escape yet. He's always here. He made me move in with him after her marked me. He's three years older than me so he has his own house. It was a big house, really fancy. You could consider it a pack house, there were always wolves there. In and out, back and forth, all damn day long. He has everything he had ever wanted. He's spoiled. If things didn't go his way he threw a fit and took it out on me. He takes everything out on me. You want to know the worst part? Every single time he abuses me, he turns around and apologizes. He promises me that he wont ever do it again he tries to make me believe that he loves me. He's full of shit. I fell for that crap too many times before, and I wont fall for it again.

I don't know where is he is right now and I don't care. I block his link every chance I get. The only time I absolutely cant block him is if he uses his alpha tone. Alpha is everything in this world. The alpha runs his pack, making sure everyone is safe and happy. That's pitiful. You can make sure your pack members are safe and sound but you come home to inflict verbal and physical pain to your mate, the woman you are supposed to love, the woman who is pregnant with your child... How did I end up with this... I don't even know what to call him. I would say pig but that would be a compliment. I couldn't even think of a word to describe Roman. How bout this, we'll put together every bad word or insult and that's what he would be.

If I do manage to escape I'll have to stay in my human form from now on. I wont be able to shift and run free, and I wont be apart of this pack. If I even took a chance and shifted he would know exactly where I was and where I had been. He would hunt me down and do god knows what. Maybe I'll find another pack who will accept me. I'm sure there's at least one alpha out there with a heart. I'll have to explain my entire story to them. Maybe someone would have some sympathy for me and my unborn child.

"Uggghhhhh..." I groaned. I don't want to be pregnant with his baby. I would rather be pregnant by some nice stranger than a jerk who was supposed to love me. As much as I hate him I could never do anything to harm my baby. Abortion is out of the question and I'm not going to carry a baby for nine months just to give it up. I'm going to love my baby no matter what. This is so hard, I had been an emotional wreck for the last few weeks. Roman only made it worse with his insults and slaps. Then I go to the doctor this morning to find out I'm six weeks pregnant. Yay me...

"Nooooo!" I whined. He's coming. I can smell his scent from down stairs. I was supposed to love his smell, it should have made me want to run and leap into his arms and kiss him passionately. When I smelled him, it made me want to attack him with a butcher knife. I want to kill my mate every time I'm near him. He's standing outside the door listening. I can hear his breathing. He slowly pushes the door open. I rolled over to face the wall. I don't want to look at him. I fucking hate his face. I love his face but I want to carve his eyes out.

"Denae!" He said putting on a sweet tone. I hate when he does this, going to be nice to me for a few hours then he's going to snap about something. "Come on baby, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I love you." He almost sounded like he was telling the truth. "I promise I wont do hurt you again."

"You said that last time Roman." I said blankly. He lay down beside me and nuzzled into my back. It felt so perfect but I didn't want him here. He planted kisses down my shoulder and kissed a fading bruise he had left on my arm. He was acting like her really cared. I know better than that though. It was all just an act.

"I know." He said starting to get a little angry but he quickly calmed himself back down. "I'm sorry my love. I don't know whats wrong with me. I'm not supposed to act this way towards you." He was trying to turn me towards him.

"Roman please just leave me alone." I said, I had tears in my eyes. It hurt to know everything he was telling me was a lie. He doesn't regret anything he's done to me. He's probably proud of himself.

"Damn it Denae!" He screamed grabbing the back of my hair and pulling me up. "Why do you have to be so fucking difficult?" He asked. I whimpered in fear. I never knew what Roman would do next. I was terrified for me and my baby. All of a sudden he released me. I ran to the corner of the bedroom and hid between the dresser and the wall.

"Denae," He started. "I'm sorry." He said before her stalked out of the bedroom. I flinched at the sound of him knocking things off of the wall and tables as he stomped down the stairs. It had just started to get dark outside, this would probably be the only chance I get to escape. I smell the air deeply after a few minute in the corner. I couldn't smell Roman anywhere. I stood up and grabbed a duffel bag. I packed all of my necessities and as many clothes as I could grab. I stuffed everything in the bag. I was ready to start off new. I ran over to the desk and grabbed a piece of paper. 'We could have had it all.' was all I wrote, I stuck the note to the mirror. I kept sniffing the air. If there was any sign of him my plan would be ruined.

I grabbed the keys to my car off the dresser and crept downstairs. I peeped around the corners to make sure nobody saw me. Surprisingly nobody was here today, the house lie silent and empty. I made my way to the door, I felt accomplished that I had made it this far. Roman hadn't taken the car, he stormed off on foot. He probably shifted and took a run. I grabbed the keys off the hook and walked slowly outside. If anybody did see me I'd have to be acting normal. I didn't want anyone to see me running out of the house with a bag full of my belongings, Roman would know before I made it to the end of the street.

"Oh hello Denae!" Mrs. Dodds said from across the street. She was a little old lady, she looked about ninety. She is an old wolf who just decided that she wanted to age. She sat there on her small porch in a rocking chair. She wore an oxygen mask on her face. She was a sweet old lady.

"Hi Mrs. Dodds!" I yelled waving cheerfully. It was all just an act.

"Saw Roman leave earlier, he seemed to be upset." She was sweet but she was nosy as hell. She sat there waiting for me to answer.

"Yea, we had an argument." I said. "Everything is fine. I'd love to stay and chat with you but I really have to go." I said trying to be as hard as I could not to sound rude."

"Well you take care!" She said waiving goodbye. I slid in the car and revved the engine. Roman had a really expensive, red corvette. I pulled out of the driveway slowly. For some reason I just knew I was going to get caught. If I got caught trying to run then me and my baby are as good as dead. But amazingly I got away. I turned onto the next street, I inhaled deeply. No sign of Roman. My heart started to beat fast, I was so happy. I haven't been happy in a year. I smiled with victory and sped the car up. I passed my parents house. They weren't home thankfully, they would know I was passing. A wolf always know when their child is near. They had gone out of town for the week.

I still cant believe my mother, I'll never bow down to Roman. He'll have to kill me first. I have to go far enough away that he wont bother to come looking for me. I've got plenty of cash on me, I can disappear to anywhere in the world. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, it is the most beautiful place in the world to me. I frown to myself. I cant go there, he would know. When things were good between us, I had told him I always wanted to go there. He would look there first. I'll have to go somewhere he wont expect me to go.

I turned onto the road to take me out of town, I was so close. I could feel the freedom running through me. That ended quickly, I caught his scent a moment later. Fear struck me instantly. I looked around to see if I could spot him. I didn't see him behind me or on either side of me. When I turned to look at the road he was standing directly in the path of the car. I slammed on the breaks, the tires squealed and came to a stop a foot away from him. Why didn't I just run him over and keep going? I looked up at his face, he was furious.

"Get out of the car Denae." He growled, he didn't use his alpha tone so I didn't move. I probably wouldn't have if he had. He's not my alpha and he is not my mate. He glared at me through the windshield. His body was shaking and he was having a hard time controlling his wolf. I could feel his anger radiating through me. He walked around to the driver door, I slid to the passenger seat and tried to get out of the car. He snatched the door open and grabbed my leg roughly.

"Going somewhere love?" he asked through his teeth. I was curled up in a ball in the passenger seat. He can hit me anywhere but my stomach, though sometimes that was his favorite spot. He slammed the door to the car and turned his body towards me. "You cant run away from me Denae. I'm your mate and I love you." He didn't say it in a way to make me want to stay. He only scared me more. "Where will you go?" he asked squeezing my leg harder. I whimpered in pain.

"I don't know." I whispered. I really didn't know. Maybe I'm just stupid to think I could ever escape him. Fate put us together. If I ever meet that bitch I'll rip her throat out, Destiny too. Couldn't they do a little better when choosing mates? Roman released my leg and stared into my brown eyes.

"Then why do you continuously try to run?" He asked me.

"I have to get away from you!" I cried.

"Don't you ever try to run away from me again." He said before turned the car around and headed back home.

He didn't say anything the entire ride back, he just sat there with a stone faced look. He wasn't angry anymore but he wasn't happy. I could feel his emotions and he could feel mine. I guess he just likes pain because that's all I feel when I'm near him. tears rolled silently down my face. I was so close to being free, and he shows up and ruins everything. I'm not going to give up, I'm going to get the fuck away from him before he figures out that I'm pregnant with his child. I'll be stuck with him forever, and that is not acceptable. Maybe I'll kill him in his sleep, or poison his food, maybe I could make it look like suicide. Who am I kidding? I'm not a killer, I'm just a seventeen year old girl trying to get away from her abusive mate.

He pulled up at the house and drug me out of the car. I didn't bother fighting, I just let him pull me on. Before we entered the house he turned around and kissed me. He smashed his lips into mine, it felt perfect but I still didn't want it. I couldn't help but kiss him back though, his lips were so sweet and soft. I found myself leaning in for more, but I backed away from him, quickly breaking the kiss. He growled at me and I flinched. "Go straight upstairs, we have company." he said growling. There were other people in the house now. I could recognize a few scents, Amy, Danny, and Roman's mother, Siri. But some of the scents I didn't know.

"Can I tell Siri hi?" I asked him. I love Siri, if she knew what was going on in this house she wouldn't stand for it. She would have Roman's head for something like this.

"No." He growled. "I want you to go upstairs and I want you to stay upstairs."

"OK." I whispered. He's so afraid that she will find out, I want to tell her but I'm terrified of Roman. When she's around, he's on his best behavior. He acts like he didn't just punch me in the face. I wear a lot of makeup when she is around. That's probably why he wants me upstairs. I wasn't wearing makeup today, and I had been crying. My hair was all messy and tangled. I looked like hell. I nodded to Roman and he opened the door. I ran straight upstairs and closed the bedroom door. I need a plan.