The Alpha's Baby

Chapter 7

Today was amazing! When Adam brought me into the pack house everyone greeted me with welcome. Before I got here he had a few pack members set me up a room. Dina had told Adam a few of my favorite things so the could tie it into my room. He took me up two flights of stairs to my room. When I walked in I thought I had died and gone to heaven. The room was huge, way too much space for me alone. The walls are painted a deep purple with multi-colored dots.

Before things turned bad with Roman, I was a colorful person. I would dye my hair the most unusual colors and wear the brightest clothes I could find. I didn't care how people felt about my style. Honestly Dina and I needed to be arrested by the fashion police, we wore the most outrageous outfits you could imagine. I miss being myself, this place makes me feel like I can finally be me. I can be me and I can be happy.

My bed is big enough for me and four other people and I have my own bathroom. Adam made sure to fill the CD holder with my favorite music. In the corner of the room there was a nursery. There was a black crib and changing table. He said they had chosen black because I don't know what I'm having yet. They had stocked the room with diapers and baby toiletries. I had baby monitors, baby bottles, pacifiers, and a car seat. They had gotten everything I am going to need for my first few months of motherhood. I just wish my baby could have a decent father.

After I put my things away, Adam gave me a tour of the land. The animals weren't as bad as I thought they would be. There were a lot of animals here : horses, cows, pigs, chickens, hens, a couple of donkeys, and a few cats and dogs. When he showed me the horses I instantly fell in love with a solid black horse with a white patch around her eye. Her name is actually Patches. I squealed happily when I saw her. I don't know what it was about her that made my body ooze excitement.

Can you believe Adam said I could have her?! He said that they have a lot of animals here and they can't always give them the proper attention. There was a catch to my gift. I have to care for her myself, I will feed her, clean her, and give her the attention she needs until I get too big to get around. He also wont let me ride her until after I have the baby.

when we got back to the pack house, I could smell food cooking. I was starving, I haven't really eaten in days. "After you eat breakfast I'm going to get someone to take you to see Doc." Adam had said. When we made it to the dining room it was already packed full of wolves having breakfast together.

"Hey!" Adam screamed over their talking. The room fell silent and all eyes were on him. "This is Denae Woodard!" He yelled pointing to me. I smiled nervously at the crowd of over 100 wolves and waved. "She is officially a part of this family and a part of this pack. Give her the same respect you give each other!" He used his alpha tone when saying this. The entire room nodded at the same time. He had just given them an order, they had to obey. Adam left

I met a girl named Sashay, well that isn't really her name but she lives up to it. She has an exotic walk. She let me sit with her at breakfast. I wouldn't have guess by her model-like figure and walk that she was a really shy person. She has a squeaky little voice and she constantly bites her nails. She's a gorgeous girl, she has olive colored skin and a pair of big blue eyes. I found myself staring at her at one point. She laughed at me when I got caught. I tried to apologize but she told me not to worry about it, that she would find it strange if people didn't stare at her. I stuffed myself full of everything at breakfast. We eat a lot already but the men still eat more than the women, today I ate like a male werewolf. Sashay watched me in amazement.

"Dang," She whispered shyly. "Your not really a guy are you?" She joked, I couldn't keep myself from laughing. She had the cutest little laugh, if you didn't see where the voice was coming from you would think she was a little kid.

"No," I laughed. "I'm pregnant." I whispered so low that only she could hear. She gasp and looked over me.

"Who is the father?" She whispered back. I wasn't going to lie to anyone if they asked me. It would be pointless to do that. Eventually everyone will clearly be able to see that I'm pregnant and they would be crazy not to wonder. I did come here without my mate so many of them probably figure I haven't mated with anyone yet.

"My mate." I whispered back.

"Where is he?" She asked looking confused. I looked around, there were just too many people in here to tell my story. I stood up and grabbed Sashay's hand.

"Walk me to the Doc and I'll tell you." I said. She stood up quickly and pulled me in the right direction. When we left the dining room she took me to a door that lead to the basement.

"Doc chose the basement to be the hospital ward." She said when I gave her a funny look.

The basement wasn't like a regular basement. When you got to the bottom of the stairs, there was a long hallway with rooms that broke off on each side of the wall. The hall opened up into a big open room with gurneys and medical equipment everywhere. There was a little middle-aged woman sitting at a desk in the middle of the room. She stood up when we came in. "Afternoon Sashay," She said walking up to us. "And who might this be?" she asked turning to me. She had graying black hair and brown eyes.

"I'm Denae Woodard, I got here this morning. Um," I hesitated. "Adam wanted you to check on my baby."

"Baby?" She asked confused. "You have a baby?"

"I'm uh pregnant." I said trying not to look her in the eye. It was easier to tell people who are my age that I'm pregnant but it is really hard to tell older people. You just get the feeling that everyone is disappointed in you.

"Calm down girlie!" She said holding her hands up. "Nobody judges here." I knew it was true. Everyone I had met had been nothing but kind and generous. She gave me a light smile and I let myself relax. "I do want to ask you though, if you don't mind, do you have a mate?" She asked. "I just want to get to know you a little better." She made me lay back on a gurney while she set up the ultrasound machine.

"Yes, I have a mate." I told her. She and Sashay waited for me to continue. I refrained from using his name, you never know who he may know. "A few months after we mated he turned abusive, since then he's done nothing but hit me and verbally abuse me." Doc pulled up my shirt to do the procedure. She noticed a few fading bruises and looked at me with sympathy. "I am friends with one of Adam's cousins, she asked him to help me and he agreed." They looked at me with understanding.

"Well your baby is perfectly healthy." She said smiling at me. "I'm going to give you some prenatal vitamins, those are extremely important now." Doc set me up with the vitamins and Sashay and I went to my room.

"Wow!" she exclaimed when she saw my room. "Yours is awesome!" I laughed lightly.

"Its OK I guess." I said brushing it off. She looked at me with a raised brow. "OK," I started. "It is pretty awesome." She laughed and lay down on my bed. I went and lay beside her. She was really easy to be around, she doesn't judge my life or anyone else's for that matter.

Adam also gave me a phone, he said that the bill would be taken care of and that I didn't have to worry about spending much money while I'm here. I called Dina when I thought she would be up. She was usually a late sleeper. I called her and told her how everything was going. She was so happy that everything had worked out as planned. She was going to come with Cody one day when he came, she said she would talk Marty into coming.

I talked to Dina for hours, Sashay had left not too long ago. She said she had some work to do. When it was dinner time Adam and got me. He was such a sweet guy. I wonder what his story is, I really want to know how he got that scar on his face. He sat with Sashay and I. They watched in amazement as I ate just as much as I had for breakfast.

"She's good isn't she?" Sashay asked smiling. Adam could only nod as I finished off a plate of huge plate of steak and onions, mashed potatoes, and macaroni and cheese with a side of salad. When your pregnant food is so much better, its like something you like a little turns into something you absolutely love. I hate onions but for some reason it was the best damn part of the meal.

"I gave Cody your new number." Adam said while we ate dessert. I cut myself a huge slice of strawberry cheesecake, I can't believe I haven't burst. "He said he would call you around nine, he said he had some things to tell you." I know exactly who was going to be the subject of the phone call, a Mr. Roman Watts. I really don't care what Roman said, I just care whether he knows where I am or not.

I could only nod because I had a mouth full of cheesecake. "Who does the cooking around here?" I asked him. "Everything I've put in my mouth tastes like heaven!" He and Sashay laughed.

"We all do." She said. "We have it grouped out," she explained. "Each group cooks once a week. You're in my group so you'll be helping tomorrow." I frowned at her.

"What?" She asked me.

"I hate cooking." I whispered. I really did. I mean I can cook but I just don't like to. You get hot and sweaty in the kitchen, and by the time you finish cooking, you're not even hungry anymore.

"Don't worry," She said patting my arm. "We make it fun." She winked at me and got up to take our plates. I yawned and rubbed my stomach, maybe I should take a nap before Cody calls. I waited until Sashay came back before I said goodnight. I went to my room and cuddled up in my big bed. I instantly felt lonely. This is the first night I've slept alone. Even though Roman is a total dick, it felt good to be in his arms sometimes. My wolf started to get emotional, she howled with need to be with her mate.

''Stop it." I growled. She only howled louder, her feelings were getting to me. Before I knew it I was crying hysterically. 'Please!' I begged her. 'Please stop.' My wolf finally fell silent but I still felt a hint of emotion. I cleaned my face and before I knew it I was asleep.

I woke up to the phone ringing loudly in my ear. I picked it up and looked at it. Cody was calling. "Hello?" I said answering the phone with a yawn.

"How's it going?" He asked.

"I should be asking you that." I said seriously. I wonder if Roman had already gotten to him. I cringed at the images of what Cody must look like. "What happened?" I asked.

"Man that shit was terrible!" He exclaimed. "I think it damn near killed him Nae. He thinks you're with you kidnapper somewhere hurt."

"Is he looking for me?" I asked him hesitantly.

"No, I don't think so." He said sounding confused. "Siri called me and cussed for an hour. She said something about him not being able to leave Nebraska."

"Do you know why he went there?" I asked into the phone. Roman didn't tell me what kind of business he had to handle in Nebraska.

"I have no clue, Denae." He replied. "He just called me the other day and told me to watch you, and that he would be back when made things right. I didn't even know what he meant by that but I agreed to keep an eye on you anyway."

"Strange." I whispered. Cody and I chatted for a little while. He's coming to visit in a week. We've made plans to go out with Adam and Sashay. I was still tired so I cut our conversation short and got some well needed rest.