The Alpha's Baby

Chapter 6

(Roman's P.O.V.)

"What is it Cody?" I asked sleepily into the phone. I looked over at the clock, it was only seven in the morning. What the hell does he want at this time of morning? What ever it is, it better be good.

"She's gone Roman." He said quickly. I jumped out of the bed furious.

"What the fuck happened?" I growled into the phone. My fucking mate was gone? She promised me she wouldn't try to run. I thought I was finally proving to her that I was trying and that I loved her.

'I hate her!' My wolf growled.

'Shut up!' I yelled at him. 'Youre the reason all of this is happening! Why wont you just get the fuck out of my head?!'

'I wont leave until she is dead.' he replied with a laugh. I blocked him out so I could listen to what ever bullshit explanation Cody has for losing my mate.

"I don't know. I went home last night and when I came back Mrs. Dodds told me she saw a man come into the house and when he left he took Denae with him." He said. What? There was another man in my house? With MY mate?! She had found someone else and given up on me. If only I had told her that it wasn't me who hated her, and that it was my wolf, she probably would have stayed with me. "He was a human, but he was wearing a ski mask. He robbed you man."

"Why didn't she shift and fight him?" I asked confused. She knows how to protect herself, she is very strong. I just wish I was the one protecting her, instead I hurt her every day since this thing took over me.

"He had a gun Roman." He said hesitantly. My wolf laughed hysterically as my human fell to the floor. My precious mate was in the hands of an armed human. She is strong but she's nothing compared to a bullet.

"Find her!" I screamed into the phone. "Fucking find her Cody!" I couldn't stop the tears from falling. I love her so much, I deserve the bullet, not her. I did nothing but destroy her.

"I'll find her man, calm down!" He said. How dare he? He of all people should know what it's like to lose their mate.

"Don't you dare tell me to calm down!" I roared into the phone. "She was your responsibility and you let some fucking human just waltz in and take her!" I hated having to be like this towards Cody but he let me down. I put him in charge of her and he lost her. He's going to have hell to pay when I get home.

"I'm going to find her Roman." he whispered into the phone. I didn't even want to talk to him anymore. I hung up the phone and dialed Denae's number, it went straight to voice mail. Rage filled me instantly as I let out a growl and smashed my phone against the wall. I beat my hands against the floor causing the doors of the old house to shake.

A few moments later my mother burst through the door. "Roman?" she called. She spotted me on the floor in a puddle of my own tears. "Darling whats wrong." she asked pulling me up.

"Denae was kidnapped." I cried. I heard my mother gasp. She's loved Denae since day one. She was furious when I told her what I had done to her. The other day when I got back home I told everyone there what I had done to her. I couldn't explain why I was doing it because I didn't know. Amy and Danny had left after I told them what had happened. They refused to have anything to do with me. My mom and the two doctors she had brought were the only ones who stayed. They were the ones who suggested I come to Nebraska.

My condition was thought to be a myth for hundreds of years. Somehow I let a demon slip into me and he has taken almost total control of my wolf and myself. He extremely strong and I can't fight him for much longer. That is why I finally told someone, he would force thoughts of killing Denae into my head. I couldn't handle it anymore, I fought so hard that night. I wanted to show her how much I loved her, I made slow, sweet love to her. I could feel her start to trust me but then the next morning it was gone.

"What happened?" My mom asked she had started crying. I hated to see my mother cry, the last time I had seen her cry was when my father died.

"Cody was supposed to be watching her but he went home last night and she got kidnapped by a human with a gun." She cried harder when she heard the word gun. I got up off of the floor and started to pack my bags.

"Where are you going Roman?" she asked coming to my side.

"I have to find her mom." I said turning to her. "I have to find her and make things right."

"Roman you can't go." she reminded me. I had already started this fucking treatment and if I left before it were complete this demon will take full control.

"What am I supposed to do!" I screamed, my mother flinched at my tone. "Am I just supposed to wait for Cody to call me and tell me he found her full of bullet holes?"

"Do you want to be the one who puts her in a grave?" She spit back. She was right. If I went back I would eventually kill her. I know she's not dead, if she were I would feel it, but since we don't have a close relationship we don't have that connection other mates have. "I'm sorry Roman." She whispered. "You have every right to be upset, and what I said was totally uncalled for." I pulled my mother into a hug and cried, I cried for many reasons, regret for what I did to Denae, the pain I was feeling inside, and for fear of what may happen if I don't find her.

My mom pulls out her phone and calls Cody. She bitched him out for an hour, she was furious. I don't even care what is going on around me, all I can think of is my precious mate. If only she would shift and call for me. I would be there in a heartbeat. She deserves better than me, if- when I get her back I've got a lot of making up to do. "Son its time to start." My mother finally said.

I lay myself down on the gurney the doctors had set up in the basement, there is a lot of medical equipment surrounding me. "Is the priest here yet?" I growled at the doctors as they strapped my arms and legs down. They put me on a heart monitor and a blood pressure machine to make sure nothing happened.

"He just got here." Doctor Marsh replied. The big plan is to basically do numerous exorcisms on me until the demon decides to come out. Dumb idea right? If it were this easy, why didn't the guy from the story do it? My mother sat in chair in the corner. A few minutes later the priest walked down the basement stairs.

"Your late!" I growled. "I didn't hire you so you could come when you choose." I can't control my anger anymore. I don't care who I hurt, nobody will sleep until Denae is back with me.

"Forgive me Alpha." He said apologetically. I can't take my anger out on a priest. What will God think of me? He probably already thinks I'm the devil. I nodded to the priest.

"Lets get this over with." I closed my eyes as the priest began to pray over my body. I could feel myself fading and the demon began to take over me.

(Siri's P.O.V.)

The priest starts the ritual by praying over Roman. Yesterday when we had tried the demon refused to show himself, today is a different story. I could feel Roman start to change, instead of me feeling his usual confused emotions, I felt rage, hate, pain and despair. I knew then that the demon had taken control. Roman's eyes popped open, I gasp when I saw them. His beautiful green eyes were gone, his eyes had turned solid black, the whites and all. He started to thrash around on the gurney and scream vile words at everyone in the room. The voice wasn't his though, he truly sounded like the devil. The priest prayed over Roman for hours trying to get the demon to cooperate.

"What is your name demon?!" The priest screamed. The demon stopped screaming and began to laugh hysterically. When he didn't give his name the priest splashed him with Holy Water. When the water touched his skin he screamed at the top of his lungs. "What is your name?!" The priest asked again.

"I am the demon Sonneillon!" He screeched. "I will not leave this weak body until the mate is dead!" He started to laugh again. A few moments later he stopped and turned his head to look at me.

"Mother," He said using Roman's voice. "You can untie me now. I'm all better." I almost believed him, I shook my head no.

"You are not my son." I growled at the demon. He began to laugh again.

"Honey," the demon said in my husband's voice. "Why didn't you help me? My wife, my mate let me die!" he spit. I fell to my knees screaming. The demon pressed on. "I should have rejected you!"

"Siri, don't listen to him!" the priest yelled. "Davis loved you and you know it! He's just trying to get to you!" I could hardly control myself. "Do it for Roman!" He begged. I pulled myself up off of the floor and wiped my face, I walked over to the demon and slapped his face.

"YOU are NOT my husband!" I screamed.

"This has gone far enough." the priest said shaking his head. "He's had enough." I looked at Roman's blood pressure on the screen, it was dropping fast. The priest quickly called the demon back before he could do further damage to my Roman.

The doctors eventually got Roman stabilized. I called a few men to take him back to his room, he was unconscious. I sat with him all night waiting for him to wake up.