Status: Subscribe and comment if you think I should keep this going

Leaving Here, Not Coming Back

Piano

The next morning when Marina got up and got around for the day, she headed down to the kitchen.

She was happy with the ruling, and knew she'd have to tell Ronnie as soon as possible. To occupy her mind for a while, she made pancakes, bacon, omelets and sausage for herself, Michelle and Brian.

As she set the finished food out, Brian came running into the kitchen in black sleep pants and a gray muscle shirt. He'd caught wind of the heavenly sent from upstairs.

“Wow Rina.” He smiled, grabbing a plate.

“Yeah, I figured we should celebrate because of how well the trial went.” She shrugged and grabbed herself a plate.

“You know what? We should!” He pulled his cell phone from the waist band of his pants and started texting while shoveling food into his mouth.

When there were about half way done, Michelle came in in her night shirt. “Wow, you cook?” She grinned at Marina who nodded.

“Hun, to celebrate the trial we are going to have a cook out. That okay?” Brian said.

“Sure, I was thinking the same thing actually.” she smiled, getting herself a plate.

“Okay, do we have everything we need? Burgers, hot dogs, ribs, buns, condiments, beer...”

“No, we need to go shopping. Cook out starts at 1.” Michelle said.

“Can I hang out with Ronnie?” Marina asked hopefully.

“Of course, invite him to the cook out too.” Brian smiled.

“Okay, so uh...should I go now?”

“Go look out your balcony, see if he's awake.”

“Okay.” Marina jogged up the stairs to her room.

When she walked out she saw Ronnie with his back to the window, putting on a shirt. She picked up a random rock she found on the balcony and tossed it at the window.

He turned around looking confused, but smiled when he saw her. He opened his window and leaned out a bit.

“How'd it go?”

“Great! He got 25 years, with no bail and Brian and Michelle now have legal custody of me!” She beamed.

“That's fantastic!” He smiled.

“So fantastic that we're having a cook out to celebrate. And you sir, are coming.”

He raised an eye brow. “Oh am I?”

She raised an eye brow. “Indeed.” They pulled a posh face before breaking into laughter.

“Marina!” Brian called.

“Yeah!?” She stuck her head inside.

“Michelle and I are headed grocery shopping, see you in an hour and a half ish!”

“Okay!”

“Make Ronnie come over, he can help us set up when we get back!”

“Okay!”

She walked back outside. “Brian said to make you come over and you can help set up when they get back from shopping.”

“Okie dokie. See you in a few seconds.” He closed the window and disappeared in the house.

Down stairs, Ronnie arrived just as Michelle was closing the front door. “Hey Ronnie.” she greeted.

“Hey Mrs. Haner.”

“I told you, call me Michelle.”
“Right, ha ha. Hey Michelle.”

She smiled and got in the car with Brian. Ronnie went in the house and headed up to Marina's room where he found her still standing on the balcony.

He snuck up behind her, and wrapped his arms around her waist. “Boo!” He whispered loudly in her ear.

She jumped then giggled, slapping his arms off. He chuckled and they went back inside.

Marina was surprised at how comfortable she was alone with a boy in a house for the next hour and a half. She was able to trust Ronnie easily, he was a sweet, laid back boy who made her smile a lot.

He was her best friend, never mind that he was her only friend. Ronnie was the only friend she needed.

“Whatcha wanna do?” He asked, sprawling on her bed like he owned it.

“Uh...I can play the piano.”

He sat up, interested. “Really?”

she nodded. She played the piano in class since 4th grade. Now she was pretty amazing, covering Metallica and others.

“Well lets go!” He took her hand and walked her out of the room and down the hall. Marina didn't even know if the Haners had a piano.

Ronnie took her into a room where sure enough, an upright piano sat in the corner.

He let go of her hand and she made her way over to it, sitting on the bench.

“Am I going to get my mind blown, or hear twinkle twinkle little star?” he inquired.

She smirked and played Enter Sandman by Metallica.

She played more Metallica covers, and a few Black Sabbath ones for what seemed like only a few minuets; but turned out to be an hour and a half.

Ronnie gasped when she finished. “Marina thats amazing!”

She laughed “Thanks, requests?” she looked back at him.

He smirked “More like a challenge.”

She arched an eyebrow for him to continue.

“You know Maiden?”

She nodded.

“The Trooper.”

She swallowed “Challenge accepted.”

She turned around and put her fingers on the beginning keys, taking a deep breath.

After finishing the song she shook out her hands a bit.

“Holy shit Marina!”

She whipped around to see Brian and Michelle, she looked flabbergasted and he looked impressed.

“Thats amazing!” He said again.

Marina stood and looked at Ronnie who grinned and nodded.

“I didn't know you could do that!” Michelle beamed.

Marina blushed and bit her lip, not really liking being the center of attention. Ronnie noticed this and intercepted. “So, what gruesome tasks must I assist you with?” he asked in a posh way to Brian and Michelle.

“Well, you and Brian need to clean the grill, put the beer in the cooler, make the lawn free of Pinkly's poo and whatever else.” she answered.

Ronnie groaned but followed Brian out of the room. Michelle patted Marina's back as she passed her in the doorway. “You can help me cook.”

“Kay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you see in the future for Ronnie and Marina? Friendship? Relationship? Friends with benifits? Any are possible.

Anyone excited for the cook out?