Love's the Devil Counting Teardrops in the Rain.

Chapter Three.

Venna’s POV.

I sighed as I sat beside my baby brothers bedside, the hospital he was in did wonders but there was no curing him. He was seven years old and terminal, I just didn’t like to think about it. I knew that one day he was going to go, but I was hanging on until then.

“Venna, can I ask you something?” I heard my baby brother ask as he awoke from his slumber. I smiled softly at him before reaching out to hold his hand. I nodded my head. “Would you be able to get someone here? Before I go?” He asked, his voice cracking as he said that. I felt tears welling up in my eyes But I forced them back.

“Anyone baby.” I said and he smiled softly.

“I want to meet Jackass.” He stated, his movements getting shaky. I sighed, knowing I’d have to put in a lot more hours but smiled softly none the less.

“Okay Sam, anything.” I said before kissing his hand softly.

:*:*:*:*:*:*:*

“Excuse me, my brother has a dying wish and I’m determined as hell to get it. Do you know where I’d start? I’ll pay anything.” I pleaded and the woman behind the desk smiled softly.

“I’m sure we’d be able to help you out honey, what exactly does the dear want?” She asked and I sighed softly before chuckling.

“He wants to meet the cast of a show called Jackass, never watched it myself but.. Whatever he wants, I’ll get.” I stated and she smiled widely before typing something on her computer. I just hoped she got them here in time..

Two days later.

Bam’s POV.


I awoke that morning to the sound of my phone going off on the bedside table. I groaned before leaning over and picking up the small device, pressing it to my ear.

“Hello?” I asked and I heard laughing at the end of the line.

“Good morning sleepy head.” I heard Knoxville say and I groaned.

“What do you want?” I asked.

“Okay, okay, don’t bite my head off!” He exclaimed. “We need to go somewhere dude, a girl just phoned me in tears, her baby brothers dying of cancer and to meet the crew of Jackass is his last wish before he dies..” He said sadly and I sighed before running a hand through my un-washed hair. We were all really sensitive for things like this, so he knew instantly that I’d do it.

“When we going?” I asked.

“In four hours. Get ready and meet us when your done.” He said and with that said he hung up the phone. I cursed under my breath as I climbed out of bed, stretching my arms high above my head. I looked over at the clock to see it was already 11am. walked out of the bedroom and sauntered into the bathroom to take a shower. I turned on the hot water and stripped out of my clothes before climbing in, letting the hot water roll down my body. The thoughts of Venna still popped into my head. I wondered if I should get in touch with her, but I knew she’d probably think I was some strange stalker. Once I was done with my shower I got ready, ready for meeting the little boy.

:*:*:*:*:*:*:*

We entered the hospital, I bet we looked like a bunch of hooligans to the patients but we didn’t care. We were here to give a little boy his last wish and that was enough for us.

“Excuse me, where here to meet a little boy called Sam?” Johnny asked and the lady behind the desk gave a sad nod before making her way from behind the desk, directing us down the hall. Once she got to a door she bowed her head before sadly looking through the window.

“He’s awake, his sisters a little hysterical at the moment, she seems fine but if she starts crying then just shout one of us and we’ll help calm her down.” She said with a soft smile before walking off. We all took deep breaths before entering the room. The little boys eyes diverted straight to us all, a beaming smile radiating off him immediately, cracking a smile onto my face as well.

“Hey there little buddy.” Knoxville smiled as he leaned down to the little boys bedside.

“Knoxville! Bam! Steve-O! Wee Man! Oh my god! Danger Ehren! All you guys made it!” The little boy exclaimed as he wrapped his arms around Johnny’s neck. He unwrapped his arms and shoved his sisters shoulder lightly, her hair was all tangled up in front of her face, making me smile slightly. “Venna! Venna! Their here! Oh my god I can’t believe you managed to get them here!” He exclaimed, a shit eating grin on his face the entire time.

“Sam, I’m awake.” She murmured before sitting up, her eyes instantly landing on mine. She gave me a small smile before reaching out for her brothers hand.

“I told you they’d come baby.” She said with a wide smile and lip synced a thank you. It was her, the girl from the strip club.

“So come on then little man, who’s your favourite?” Wee Man asked and he thought for a moment.

“I love you all, but my favourite would have to be.. Bam!” He exclaimed and I chuckled softly before kneeling down to the little boy as he wrapped his arm around me in a tight hug. I pulled away slightly and kissed his cheek before pulling him into another hug. I didn’t know why, but I knew I loved this child, I felt as though I had to protect him.

“Can I see Steve-O getting kicked in the balls?” He asked in amazement and all the guys laughed, apart from Steve-O Who looked like he’d been castrated.

“Why not Steve-O? the rooms big enough.” Knoxville added and Steve-O sighed before walking into the middle of the room, Sam moved up on the bed and asked me to sit down on it next to him. I happily obliged and watched as Wee Man quietly walked over to him before head butting him straight in the balls. The little boy cried in tears of joy and I couldn’t help but join in. The energy from this little boy was enough to make the saddest man happy.

“I really love this kid!” Wee Man exclaimed as he walked back over, shaking Sam’s hand. The rest of the day was spent practical joking and playing tricks and I laughed every time as I was never asked to be in them. With me being his favourite, I guessed he didn’t want me to be hurt.

“Bam? Could you read me a story?” The little boy asked and I smiled as he handed me a book. The other guys left the room, saying they’d make too much noise for the little boy to get to sleep. I read the story and Venna was looking at me intently, her head pressed against the chair. She looked exhausted. Once Sam was asleep I kissed his forehead softly before climbing out of the bed and smiling down at Venna.

“So.. Now you know why I do it..” She whispered softly and I half smiled as I nodded my head.

“You’re a really strong girl.” I said, she sighed softly before nodding her head.

“With no mother or father to help, you’ve got to be right?” She said, tears welled up in her eyes. I sighed softly as I pulled her into my arms, I hated seeing girls cry.

“Hey, you’ll be okay, she’s a strong little boy, and you’re a strong girl.” I said with a faint smile and she simply sighed, her sobs getting worse.

“Sometimes, I want him to go, cause then I know he isn't in any pain. But I know I’d miss him too much.” She said as her legs gave way, I dropped to the floor with her and held her in my arms gently.

“I think you need to go home and get some rest.” I said with a sad sigh and she shook her head softly.

“I live here with Sam, I can’t afford a home with having to pay for his medical bills, along with now having to pay for you guys to come to see him. I’m getting into way too much that I can't afford.” She said, the tears subsiding. I smiled softly down at her, she had so much weight on her shoulders. I knew how she felt, she was constantly suffering cause of her brothers illness. Just like I was with Ryan’s death.

“You don’t have to pay for us, we love giving little children this opportunity. We didn’t expect you to pay us in the first place!” I exclaimed with a chuckle and I saw her face light up slightly. “With the whole sleeping situation, I can give you a room for the night? I have a spare? And you’re really not going to get any sleep here. So how about you stay with me and we’ll come by first thing in the morning and spend all day with the little guy?” I asked, I needed to help, it was just in my nature. I was thrown off guard when she wrapped her arms around my neck tightly in a hug. I hugged back once the shock had wore off.

“Thank you so much.” She whispered into my ear and I smiled.

“It’s okay.” I said as we both unwrapped from each other. I climbed up from the floor and held out a hand for her to grab. She smiled softly and took the gesture, rising to her feet. She kissed Sam softly on the forehead like I had done earlier and we both walked out. All the guys were stood outside, solemn looks on their faces.

“I’m so sorry, I wish there was something we could do. He’s a beautiful little boy and he’d make an amazing addition to the Jackass team.” Steve-O said smiling slightly and it caused her to chuckle.

“I know.. It’s just gonna be so empty when he’s gone..” She stated and I sighed sadly.

“Well, we don’t blame you for everything that you’re doing. You’re so strong.” Knoxville said and she smiled softly before nodding her head.

“Thank you so much for coming out guys, I really appreciate it.” She said and that made everyone smile softly.

“Well guys, Venna’s going to stay at mine tonight so I guess we should all head out.” I said as I realised that it was almost midnight. Everyone nodded without judgement before heading back the way we came earlier on in the morning. She turned to the receptionist and asked her to ring her if there was any trouble. She nodded softly before giving her a tight hug.

“You have anywhere to sleep tonight honey? Cause we can always get you a bed.” The receptionist said sadly and Venna shook her head before pointing over to me.

“I’m going to stay with a friend I met at work, I’ll be back first thing in the morning, goodnight Judy.” She said before coming back over to me and we made our way out together. I smiled over at her as we walked over to my car. All the other guys had already left, leaving me and Venna on our own. I popped the lock on the car and we both got in. I put in the key, and turned it quickly, making the car roar to life. H.I.M came on the radio and I blushed before turning it down, afraid she wouldn’t like it.

“Hey, I like that song!” She exclaimed with a giggle before turning the radio up again and singing along to Ville Valo’s voice. “Heaven ablaze in our eyes, We're standing still in time, The blood on our hands is the wine, We offer as sacrifice.” I smiled softly as she sang, her voice angelic as it could be on a song like this.

“I would never have guessed you like this music.” I said with a soft chuckle as she carried on singing.

“So a stripper can’t like these sort of songs?” She replied, a small smirk on her face and one eyebrow raised. “To say that when you were there I pole danced to Marilyn Manson?” She chuckled and I simply shrugged.

“I was to engrossed with your dancing to really pay attention to anything else.” I chuckled, my honest side getting the better of me and I looked at her apologetically.

“It’s okay, just cause I don’t like the job doesn’t mean I don’t like getting compliments on it.” She giggled, her laugh instantly making me smile. I had known her for two days, and this girl and her ill brother had already had a huge impact on my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.. A big thank you to 'hollywood homicide13' for commenting! means alot! :) Comment and subscribe please?