Status: Active

Breaking the Rules

Chapter Twenty

“Aww. Tomtom, Jaybird, come see this!” Max cheers. See what? I’m sleeping, big deal. Sleeping… with someone at my fingertips… Oh yeah, Nathan’s here too. Ohhh. Nathan and I. That’s what’s so cute.

“Oh my god! They’re adorable!” Tom yells.

“And onto Twitter this goes,” Jay says, snapping a picture of us.

“Can we disturb them?” Tom pleads.

“Yeah can we?” Jay joins it.

“Knock yourselves out,” Max allows.

“Yay!” they cheer.

I first I thought that they were just going to jump on the bed, but apparently, that is to cliché. They got on either side on the bed and started to climb on. Tom pulled Nath and I apart and laid inbetween us. Jay got comfy on the other half of the pillows that didn’t have our heads on top. From what I could see, Jay started picking at Nath’s hair. Max came back in and decided to join them. He crawled on top of our lower halves and rolled until he found a good spot, for him. Extremely uncomfortable to me. I peer over Tom to see Nathan. He’s laughing as Jay plays “Mother Ape.” Tom “notices” me – like he didn’t already – and starts to outline my face. Not in a loving way – no not at all. He pokes me and grabs my nose and pulls at my cheeks. I laugh a little and he grins at me. I didn’t notice, but Siva came in and has been recording us.

“Hey guys what day is it?” he asks.

“IT’S WANTED WENSDAY!!!” they scream. I laugh at them as they all get up and jump around. I laugh and join them. Siva is jumping too, so I won’t be recognizable. Then it hits me. It’s not Wednesday, it’s Monday. Silly boys.

We stop jumping and sit on my bed. Once the Flip is turned off I ask, “You do know it’s Monday, right?”

They all start laughing at me. I slump back until someone answers.

“Well we couldn’t film and edit the videos in a day, could we?” Max answers.

“Yes. Yes, you could,” I state.

“Not with all that we do. By the way what are we doing today?” Jay asks.

“We are going to KIIS radio for a-” I was cut off by my work phone. “Everybody! Shut up.”

“Hello. This is Charlotte of Atlantis Records. How may I help you this morning?” I say professionally into the phone.

“Hello Charlotte. This is Scooter Braun. I would like to ask you about The Wanted.”

“What would you like to know, Mr. Braun?”

“Do they have a U.S. manager? If not I would like to be.”

“Really!? No, they do not an American manager yet, we’ve been looking for one, but I suppose no one had the time. These boys will get big fast.”

“That’s great. Is there a way we could meet up? I’m open until Wednesday.”

“I’d have to talk to my boss but I will get back to you soon.”

“Okay, thank you. Bye Charlotte.”

“Goodbye Mr. Braun.” And I hang up.

I stare at the boys with my jaw dropped. I hold up my phone and stare at it.

“What?”

“Are we in trouble?”

“Who was it?”

"Charlie? Are you alright?”

“It wasn’t me!”

I laugh at them. “That was Scooter Braun. I think we are getting you guys an American manager. One who happens to be really good.”

“What a sec. We don’t have a manager right now?” Jay asks, soaking in information.

I salute him. “That is affirmative. It’s just been my boss, Jayne, and I.”

“No way,” he murmurs.

“Yeah. Now enough of that. Go get ready so we can leave.”

They all leave and I start to get ready myself. Black jeans, a colorful t-shirt, and a black leather jacket. All tied together by rainbow converse. I’m a colorful kid, what can I say?

“Charlie?” Siva knocks on my door.

“Yeah?”

“Can you do my hair?”

“Yes. Need some help?” He nods, embarrassed.

“No problem. Follow me.” I grab a chair and lead him to my bathroom. I got some major gels for someone who doesn’t use any.

“Thanks Charlie!” he exclaims when I’m done.

“No problem Siva,” I say kissing his cheek. “Let’s go or we’ll be late.”

Jay, Max, and Tom are out there and are ready. I sigh and backtrack to Nathan’s room, motioning for Siva to go on.

“Nathan?” I call, knocking on the door. I hear rustling and walk in. “Nathan what’s up?”

“I can’t decide what to wear!” he grumbles.

I sigh. “You are such a drama queen.” I dig through his closet and grab three shirts. Then a sweatshirt for each of them, then a pair of black pants. “Pick one.” He picks the one based around blue. “There. Go change. You have, oh, one minute.”

I walk out shaking my head.

“He’s like that,” Max shares when I enter.

“He ‘couldn’t find what to wear.’” I sigh. The boys laugh as Nathan comes out.

“Good now we can go!” Jay cheers.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The interview was like any other interview. Questions like “Who is the messiest? Cleanest? Slowest? Funniest? Lady’s man?” and so on. I used my time wisely and got in contact with Scooter. We are meeting him today at Atlantis.

“Boys. I would say best behavior, but really, that’s not going to impress him. So my advice is don’t listen me and listen to my boss,” I tell them honestly. I open the door and they walk on in, nervousness obvious. My mom is waiting already, and Scooter will be here any minute.

My mom goes rapid fire on them and squeezes in as much information as she can in the little time we have. Then Scooter comes in the discussing starts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay I updated *does little dance* Now this note gotta be quick cos I have to go. So what's been up y'all? Soooo. Updation Question? WYR be Nathan's childhood friend or Jay's girlfriend? Comment!!!