Status: Active

Breaking the Rules

Chapter Twenty-Five

Charlie’s POV

“Well, that’s god damn amazing. Good job boys,” Ryan says through the phone. The boys laugh and hand out high fives.

“So that’s goin’ on the EP,” Nath declares.

“Sweet. One track down,” Jay sighs like a weight has lifted.

“Who’s working on the next one?” Tom asks.

“Me and Jay are out,” Nathan says.

“I’m up for one,” Siva offers.

"Me too,” Max agrees.

“Awesome. We’ll be back on our level,” I tell the duo.

“See ya later,” they wave as we walk out.

Ten minutes later and Jay is catching up on sleep, Tom is talking to his girlfriend, and Nath and I are alone.

“Charlieeeee,” Nathan says in a sweet little boy voice.

“Nathannnn,” I mock him. “Yeah?”

“Umm. Can we tell the boys?” he mumbles.

“I- I don’t know. How would they react, cuz this can’t go anywhere my mom might see,” I say, pointing between the two of us.

“They wouldn’t say anything! I swear Charlie! Can we please tell them?” he pouts.

“I… I guess. But… like… yeah we can tell them,” I sigh, not finding a reason why they wouldn’t be able to know.

“Yes! Thank you Charlie!” he cheers, kissing me like the little boy he is.

“Okay, okay. When?” I ask, pushing him away.

He pouts again, then says, “Todaaaay?”

"Sure?”

“Yes!”

“But chill out, would ya?”

“Thank you Charlie,” he says sweetly, kissing me once again. He pulls away and looks at me. Then he stands up and drags me to his room. I smirk at him, then lean forward to touch his lips with my own.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“You ready?” I ask Nath. The Max and Siva came back about ten minutes ago and now everyone is just chilling in the living room.

“Just about,” he inhales. He kisses me again for reassurance. I have no idea what to say, so I’m leaving it all to Nath. “Let’s go.”

We walk in and sit down. The boys don’t even seem to notice. Nathan said that he was going to pull a Tom. Whatever that means. I wait next to him as the boys finally start to shut up.

“So Nath, being scarily quiet today?” Jay notices. All the boys look at Nathan.

“Yeah… I’ve got a girlfriend,” he blurts out. So that’s what “pulling a Tom” is.

“Good job mate! Do we meet her?” Jay asks.

“Nice one! What’s her name?” Max follows.

“Is she a clubber?” Tom wonders.

“You’ve met her, Jay. I’m actually not sure, Tom. And Max, her name’s Charlie,” he smiles at the last part, making our conjoined hands visible. The boys’ jaws drop. I just sit there, staring, smiling, blushing.

Siva stands up and gives me a hug. The others do the same right after, hugging the both of us.

“Good luck,” Jay whispers in my ear. I laugh and Nathan wraps his arm around my waist.

“I’m gonna drink tonight. I’m gonna get drunk tonight,” Tom sings. “Who’s coming with?”

We all loudly agree and make our way to the elevator. Nathan pulls me to the back, and as soon as the boys turn around and talk, he quickly kisses me.

“Thank you,” he mumbles into my hair. I smile up at him in response.

“Not now. Later, please,” Tom pleads, covering his eyes. Nath glares at the back of his head until we get to a cab.

Max tells the driver where to go. Five minutes later we’re there and completely ready to drink all fucking night.

“I guess I’ll see guys in the morning,” Jay says.

“Just get back, will ya?” I ask.

“Yeah, yeah. Later,” he walks off. Tom and Max runs over to the bar, Siva looks around, wondering. Nathan pulls me to the bar and buys two drinks.

“To us,” we say clinking glass. This boy…