Status: Active

Breaking the Rules

Chapter Twenty-Six

I almost wake up, but keep fighting it. I roll over and come in contact with the man known as my boyfriend. As much as I don’t want to wake up, I’d much rather lay here and watch him sleep. Lucky, I was smart enough to not drink much and my head doesn’t hurt as bad as it did a week ago.

I just lie on Nathan’s bare chest and stare at him. I deeply examine every part of him. From the color his hair is, to the length of his chin. Eventually, he wakes up and I can examine his perfect smile. He stares at me in confusion and I watch how his face changes. Finally, when I can take it anymore, I roll on to my stomach and kiss him.

“Hello birthday boy,” I say cheerfully.

“Hey there, beautiful,” he winks. “Not so hungover today, are ya?”

I playfully hit his chest. “Shut up. And no, I try to keep it in moderation sometimes.”

“Good. Hey, umm, last night, I got a call from your mom. We’re going to England today.”

“Okay.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I mean it is your birthday, isn’t it?”

“Yeah.”

“Then you can do whatever you want.”

“Thanks babe. I gotta pack.”

“And I gotta see if everyone made it back.”

"Have fun.”

“I will. See you in a little bit, birthday boy.” I kiss him again and walk out. Somehow when we got home I found it really important to change, so I am in my pajamas.

I check Max’s room he’s there. Siva is in his own room too. I check Jay’s room and he’s not there. I check Tom’s room before I start to worry, and Jay is in there, Tom is not. What the hell? I walk into the kitchen and the living room, he’s not there. And, instead of seeing him, I nearly trip on his sleeping body as I walk into my own room.

“Thomas Parker, what are you doing in my room?” I ask his sleeping body. He doesn’t budge. I sigh and drag him in the hallway. Then happily walk into Nathan’s room.

“They’re all here. Not in their rooms, but here none the less,” I say flopping onto his bed.

“Man, I thought we lost them,” he complains.

“I know. Those bitches. Do you know what time you’re leaving?”

“About noon.”

“What time is it now?”

“About ten.”

“Why am I up?”

“I don’t know.”

“Awesome.”

“Wait, you said not all the boys are in their rooms. Where are they?”

“Siva and Max are in their rooms, Jay is in Tom’s, and Tom was in my room, then I moved him to the hallway.”

“Why was Tom in your room?”

“I don’t know. He didn’t wake up when I asked.”

“Weird.”

“I’d say so.”

He finally finishes packing, and lies down next to me.

“So what should we do now?” I ask innocently.

“What do you want to do?” he asks climbing on top of me while kissing me.

“As much as I would love to stay with you, we should get the boys to do some packing.”

He huffs a sigh. “Alright.” I smile and kiss him one more time before rolling out from under him to leave.

“Oh. Hey Charlie,” Max says as I walk into the hallway.

“Aye Max,” I say. “Oh remember how my mom said she would fly you out back to England for Nathan’s birthday?”

“Yeah. That’s today.”

“So you do remember! Good! Are you packed?”

“Yes… Why?”

“Nathan forgot.”

“He’s an idiot.”

“That’s my boyfriend!”

“Aww that’s so sweet.”

“Shut up Max,” I mumble storming into my room.

I quickly take a shower, hoping to rub of any access club scum. Then I make breakfast for the boys, seeing as they will be gone for a week and a half.

“So are you excited?” I ask them as I serve food.

“Ecstatic,” Jay says.

“But we’re going to miss you, Charlie,” Siva says pinching my cheeks.

“Yeah. And breakfast in the morning’s,” Tom adds.

“But then we’ll be back!” Max cheers.

“And working our asses of for three months!” Nathan concludes.

“I’m going to miss you guys and your talking too fast,” I sigh. I go and sit next to Nath. The rest of the meal we just quietly talk.

[c]~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~[/c]

“I’m gonna miss you babe,” I whisper in Nathan’s ear before he gets in the car.

“I’m gonna miss you too. But I’ll be back soon,” he assures.

“Okay. Have fun.”

“I will. Goodbye, Charlie.”

“Bye, Nathan.”

What to do now?