Status: Lets Start.

Skin & Bones

Skin

Image

I saw Sara walk into school Monday morning and smiled until I realized she had her cousin following close behind her, he had flipped me off yesterday even though I hadn’t done anything wrong, I approached her anyway.

“Hey,” She greeted seeming to let out a breath of air “Mia this is my cousin Noah, Noah this is Mia she is my best friend and lives next door to us.” She announced.

So his name was Noah, it seemed to fit him perfectly. Though he didn’t fit in with anything else around here. He was dressed in all black, skinny jeans, a loose v-cut shirt that I could see what looked like a tattoo pocking out of and a beany.

He intrigued me, I wanted to know why he was here staying with Sara, I would make a point to ask later.

Though his greeting was simply a nod of his head in my general direction. Sara made a grumbling noise before she spoke.

“Well I’m going to show him to the office, I’ll see you in class.” She said before turning around and heading to the office I could hear her mumble. “It wouldn’t hurt for you to be nice.” To her cousin.

The day went by like any other boring at most, I decided to head over to Sara’s after school.

Walked in saying hi to her parents and meeting Alice, Noah’s mum before heading around the corner in the direction of the bedrooms. Before I went into Sara’s room I stopped a door short. When I came over I used this room as mine, often I would spend several nights in a row in this house, I kept a few spare things in there. But when I opened the door this time I was greeted with Noah instead and the room looked vastly different.

“Oh, I’m sorry.” I apologized going to shut the door.

“What were you doing in here anyway?” He asked that was when I realized what he was doing. Sitting on his bed under the window sill with the window open smoking what looked to be a joint. I was so taken back by it I had to stop and think about the question.

“It’s just that I sometimes keep some stuff in here like spare clothes and stuff, for when I stay the night, I was just looking to get something, I didn’t realize this was your room now.” I apologized.

“Well it is,” I nodded “Any of your stuff is probably now in Sara’s room.” He finished.

“Okay thanks.” I had no idea what to say

“And hey princess keep your mouth shut yea.” He smiled, only one dimple showing, it was a little breath taking.

“So why is your cousin and aunt staying with you?” I asked Sara later that day.

“Oh umm, it’s kind complicated a lot of stuff happened, Noah’s dad died and he kinda lost it a little, flew off the rails and my aunt just thought he needed a fresh start, I think she needed one too.” She told me and I almost regretted asking in the first place.

His dad had died and he didn’t take it well, I was so intrigued by him and his smile and why the hell did he called me princess?
♠ ♠ ♠
so this one is Mia's POV if you didn't work it out, if anyone is reading?