Status: Lets Start.

Skin & Bones

Skin

Image

We pulled up an hour later at a small one-story brick house that didn’t look to be on the best side of town. Heading to the door Noah rested his hand on my lower back encouragingly.

We were met by a guy that looked a little older then me, but not by much, he had a few tattoos and sandy blonde hair that fell to his neck.

“Nick, fuck man.” Noah exclaimed greeting him and a manly hug I stood back all shy not knowing what to do suddenly wondering why I ever thought this would be a good decision to come with him.

A girl who looked around my age with jet-black hair and a tiny waist came bolting out of the house and straight into Noah’s arms he caught her no problem hugging her to him. Who was she I wondered.

“Noah you’re being very rude who’s this, you didn’t say you were bringing anyone with you?” The girl asked him her voice happy and energetic.

“This is Mia, Mia this is Luke and Ally, Luke is one of my band mates and Ally and is one of my dearest friends.” He introduced, they both said hi and seemed very friendly but I was still so nervous.

“I missed you.” Ally spoke to Noah as we walked into the house.

“I missed you too Al,” He replied but he still had his hand on my lower back and took my backpack out of my hands.
The house was small and slightly messy but it was cozy and would do us just fine for the night, we sat in the lounge room for a while and the boys spoke.

“So how is Green Up?” Luke asked with a funny accent clearly making fun of the town.

“It is a shit hole,” Noah laughed I stayed silent “Everyone is picture perfect, Abercrombie and Finch, you don’t even want to know what the rumors about me are.” He shook his head “I’m like a fucken fish out of water there, I was the only one who didn’t go to church, I can’t stand it Luke, I have been there one week and its fucken killing me.”

I wanted to shrink, and curl up, I knew he hated it but I didn’t realize how much it was affecting him and how much he hated everyone and everything. I suddenly just wanted to go home.