‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"To each his own."

Gerard looked back at me, then back, rubbing his neck, "Hi Busy. What are you doing?"

"Coloring. You color?"

I saw Gerard's shoulders relax as he walked in, "I love to color."

He sat beside her on the floor, "You like princesses? Mommy take me to see princesses for my birthday."

"Where?" Gerard looked back at me, smiling.

"Disneyland, silly!" Busy giggled, "It's pretty there. We went inside the castle!"

"I never been there before."

Busy gasped dramatically, "What?!"

Gerard laughed softly, "I never been to Disneyland before."

"Mommy can take us!" Busy squealed happily, "We go for her birthday!"

Gerard let out another laugh; Frank came over and stood beside me, "About time." He murmured softly.

I looked at him, "Is this right?" I asked him.

Frank nodded, "Yes, October."

He put his hand on my shoulder and went over to them. Frank knelt beside Busy, "Hey, Biz, I'm gonna go hang out with Ray and Mikey for a bit. Is it okay if I leave you with your daddy?"

Busy looked at Frank, then at Gerard, "Kay. I like Gee-ard, he colors good!"

Frank kissed the top of her head, "Yeah, your dad is pretty cool."

Busy looked confused, but then she smiled, "Cool." She giggled then.

I had been biting my lip the entire time, then released it. Frank got up and walked over to where I was standing, "Someone likes their daddy."

I hugged Frank, "Thanks."

"No problem."

•••

Gerard colored with Busy for a few hours before she came running into my room where I was looking in my closet for something to wear. "Mama! Mama, look what Daddy drawed me!"

It kinda took me by surprise when Busy said daddy.

"What did he draw you?" I asked as I looked down at her.

"Me is a princess!" She lifted a paper and grinned as she showed me, "That me!"

I smiled at the little girl drawn spot on as Busy. She wore a pink dress and a crown in her head. "It's beautiful!" She squealed.

"I know! We should frame it, huh?"

She nodded, "I loves it!"

I kissed her head, "Did you tell him thank you?"

"Yeah, she did." Gerard appeared, nearly scaring me.

"Geez!" I muttered, "You scared me!"

He chuckled, "Sorry."

Busy giggled, "Ha-ha, daddy scared you!"

Gerard smiled at the way she said daddy. He picked her up and kissed her cheek, "I didn't mean it. Your mommy knows I was joking."

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Yeah, yeah."

"Mommy I got with daddy when you go on your date?"

I nodded, "Yep, which is a few hours from now."

Gerard seemed to frown, but I couldn't have be sure, "So, you got a date with...?"

"Jon, from the show last night." I fingered the blouse in my hand.

"He's nice daddy!" Busy said with a grin, "He dance with me."

"I'm glad he's nice. He better take care of your mommy."

I smiled, shaking my head, "He will."

Gerard smirked, "We'll see."

I patted Busy's back, "Can you feed her? I'm sure she's hungry."

Busy shook her head, "I wanna play!"

"What about your nap with Mikey?" I countered playfully.

She gasped, "Yeah! Yeah, yeah, yeah! Daddy I go nap!" Gerard let her down and she ran out the room, screaming, "Mikey! Mikey we go nap!"

Gerard and I laughed. Gerard leaned against the threshold of my closet, "So, you like Jon?"

I shrugged, "He's nice, and I've never been on a date before. Y'know, I meant with someone other than you."

Gerard raised his brow, "Really?"

"Yeah, really. I was busy with Busy," I chuckled, "Plus, I don't ever really want to date."

Gerard looked down a moment, "I'm so fuckin' selfish. Here I am fuckin' chicks left and right and you're happy just to be a mom."

I tweaked my lips, with a raised brow, "To each his own."

Gerard leaned up, "I apologize for what I did earlier... I was just feeling nostalgic, y'know? I missed you."

I twirled the hem of the blouse with my finger again, "I understand."

He looked at me, the lines in his forehead moved up, "Would you ever take me back? I mean, if I didn't have Eliza?"

I laughed softly, looking away to hide the truth, "You make her sound like she's a dog... Or a disease."

"You know what I mean." He chuckled.

I shook my head, "No, I wouldn't. Maybe later on, but not at this very moment."

"I get you."

I bit at my lip as I looked in my closet for something to wear. The silence wasn't as awkward as I thought or anticipated it to be. Gerard watched me, his eyes made me wonder what he was thinking.

"Jon's gonna love you in whatever you wear, October." Gerard murmured.

"You think so?" I still didn't look at him.

"I know so, Sugar."

I looked at him and smiled, "Thank you."

"Just don't go fuckin' him on the first date, October." He said in a playful tone.

I rolled my eyes, "Okay, dad."

He smiled still, "I love being a dad."

I smirked, "Do you really?"

"Yes really. Busy is amazing."

I patted his cheek, "Glad you know so. Now, go put your brother and daughter down for a nap."

Gerard laughed, "Sure thing."
♠ ♠ ♠
Good? Happy?
I'm happy! I'd love to read what you all are going to say; you're all wonderful :)