‹ Prequel: Heavy

Three Cheers

"Why did you leave?"

"Busy!" I called first, "B, baby, where are you?" I ran towards the hall, hoping to find her, "Biz!"

"I think she went out the door!" Gerard called to me.

I ran towards the front door, following Gerard. I looked around, hoping she was somewhere hiding, "Busy? Busy, where are you! Ollie-Ollie-Oxen Free!"

I tried to entice her that the game of hide and seek was over. This wasn't even a game, but I hoped she'd come out. I felt my chest tighten when she didn't come out.

"Busy!" Gerard called out, "B!"

I ran around the yard, then over to the cars in the driveway. Busy was nowhere to be seen. I felt my eyes swell up, "Busy!" I cried.

Gerard came over to me, "C'mon, we'll look for her in your car."

I ran back inside, grabbed my car keys and to my car. Gerard drove while I looked out the window. He drove slow, down the block, "Busy! Busy!" I called from the window.

We looked everywhere, we drove slowly, looking at each yard intently. We got down 2 blocks, and nothing; 2 turned to 4, which then turned into 8. My heart ached and beat rapidly, I thought I lost her forever.

I started to sob, wiping my eyes to make sure I could see. I looked for her as best and vigilantly as I could. But the minutes went by quickly and she wasn't anywhere.

"This is all your fault." I muttered to Gerard, "I wish you'd leave me alone."

Gerard didn't answer nor reply.

We continued the slow drive and my eyes scanning every little yard and corner. That's when I finally spotted a little girl on a porch; she wore her hair in two braids like Busy, the same pink dress and tights Busy had on. "Stop the car! I think that's her!"

Gerard stopped, I jumped out of the car, "Busy! B!"

The little girl turned around. I nearly burst into tears when I saw it was Busy. I ran over to her, just as the front door of the home opened. Busy ran to me and hugged me, "I look for Jon." Busy whimpered.

The person at the door looked at me, "Is everything alright?"

"Yes, I'm sorry about bothering you." I picked Busy up and turned around.

Gerard was by the sidewalk, he looked relieved when he saw I was carrying her. Busy held me tight, "I sorry."

"It's okay, baby. I'm sorry."

Gerard looked at us as I walked by and past him to my car, "Is she alright?"

"Yeah, she's fine." I said softly, "Take us home now, please."

Gerard followed me to my car and got in. I sat Busy on my lap, she looked at Gerard, "Daddy, no yell at mommy."

Gerard looked at her, "I'm sorry, I will never yell at mommy again." He focused back on the road.

"We're sorry we yelled, B." I said to her, "We won't do it anymore."

We got to home, and I carried Busy inside, to my surprise, Gerard followed me. I put her down, but I took her hand and sat her on the couch beside me. Gerard sat down on her other side; "Busy, I need to talk to you, okay?" I said to her.

She looked at me as if I was gonna spank her, "I say sorry."

"I know, baby doll, but you can't just run outside anymore. Me and daddy got really scare when you ran away."

"I get scared when you yell." She told me.

"We won't promised not to yell, B." Gerard said next.

"Why you yell?" She turned to him.

He sighed, "Uh, well, we were mad."

She frowned, "No more mad?"

"No, we aren't."

Busy smiled then, and she went to Gerard, beckoning him to pick her up. He did so, placing her on his lap, "I'm sorry, Sugar." He kissed her head, "I love you so much."

She hugged him, "I love you too."

"Why did you leave?" He asked her.

"I look for Jon... Um, um, make mama stop yelling."

Gerard let out a sigh, I rubbed her back, "I appreciate it, B."

Busy gave me a small smile, "I do it no more."

"I know, baby doll."

"Hey, Biz," Gerard adverted her attention to him, "You wanna come over? Frankie will play movies." Gerard had done a total 180; he smiled.

"Mama come too." She told him.

I stood up, "It's alright, Biz, I have to make your card, remember?"

She frowned, "Please, mama?"

I scratched my head, trying not to look at Gerard, "B, I have a lot to do here."

She pouted, "Mama..." She started to tear up.

I couldn't say no any longer.

"Okay, okay, Busy Bee. No cryin'." I kissed her little nose, "I'll just grab my bag," I mumbled reluctantly.

I walked out the room quickly, and went to my room.

•••

Gerard avoided me like I had the black plague. He spent all his time with his gross little fiancée, and Busy seemed to hate that as much as I did. She sat in my lap, frowning; Eliza sat in Gerard's lap, where she giggled like an idiot.

The scene made me sick, it annoyed me. Frank kept throwing me apologetic glances, Busy didn't talk when Frank would try and play with her. Gerard had basically ignored her to try and piss me off.

By the third our of being over, and in the middle of Ghost Busters, I turned to Frank, "Can you take us home? I gotta make Busy dinner and Jon's coming over." I spoke the last part lowly so Busy wouldn't hear me.

Frank looked at Gerard, who was whispering his disease's ear, "Gee, I'm takin' October and Busy home."

Gerard looked over, "C'mere Biz." He smiled at her, his disease slid off his lap.

Busy hopped over to Gerard and hugged him and kissed him, "Love you, daddy."

"I love you, too, B." He said to her, kissing her head.

I got up, took Busy's hand, and headed towards the door with Frank. Frank seemed a little upset, "God, he's such a tool." He mumbled.

"I know." I replied.

Busy tightened her grip on my hand, I knew she was gonna fall asleep soon. I picked her up letting her sit in my lap while Frank drove us home. She didn't fall asleep, she just wanted me to hold her.

"I'll see you guys," He said softly, "Biz, we're gonna go to the park and stuff tomorrow, okay?"

"Kay, Uncle Frankie." She smiled at him.

"Love ya, kid." He smiled back.

"Thanks, Frank." I told him as I got out.

"You're welcome." He waved as we got out.

I carried Busy into the house and into the kitchen with me to help me cook. She hummed quietly, "Mama I tells you a secret."

I looked over at her, "Another secret? What about?"

She played with the button on her skirt, "I no like Liza."

I chuckled, "Well, I'll tell you one of my secrets," Her eyes lit up, "I don't like her either."

"Why she sit on daddy like me?"

"Because she's a big stupid baby and she wishes she was you." I told her with a smile.

She smiled back, "She's icky! She smells icky."

I laughed, "I know baby doll, just stay away from her and you won't get any ick."
♠ ♠ ♠
Her running away is something I did; my mom said I went looking for the ice cream truck, I was like 4 or something. Anyway, what'd you think?