Light Up My World

Narry

Prompt: Do a Narry with Niall self harming and nobody noticing till Harry sees the red marks on his wrists while he's eating, and Harry confronts Niall and Niall breaks down. (if you're okay with self harm.
Niall was never a confident person growing up. People didn’t befriend him and they picked on the little things that made him unique, like his height and how he had bleached his hair blonde since he was 12 years old. This didn’t change when he became famous through the boy band, One Direction. Not only did he have thoughts about what people used to call him in school, he also got people calling him horrible names on twitter and other social networking sites. So throughout the years he got sick of it and resorted to cutting. He managed to keep this hidden from his band mates for some time. He decided to wear long sleeves and making sure he did the cutting in the comfort of his own flat or hotel room, but lately a certain curly haired boy started to notice a difference in the Irish man’s behaviour.

“Niall, are you alright mate? You seem a bit off lately?” Harry asked him. He had decided last night to confront him about such behaviour.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” Niall quickly answered trying to get away from Harry as soon as possible. No one could find out about his little secret.

Harry dropped the subject, not wanting to push it and carried on as normal. It wasn’t til later that night when Liam, Louis and Zayn had all gone a triple date with their girlfriends, Danielle, Eleanor and Perrie, and Harry and Niall were eating dinner together, that Harry noticed them. The cuts on Niall’s wrist. Then as if it was like a light bulb went off, Harry started to piece everything together. The cuts, the different behaviour, and how Niall was so quick to answer his question. Harry had to say something to Niall.

“Niall, what are those?” he asked straight out. He wasn’t going to beat around the bush.

“What are what?” Niall asked, acting oblivious.

Harry grabbed his wrist from across the table,” what are these? Are you cutting yourself?”

“Don’t be stupid, of course I’m not,” Niall pulled his wrist back and started to walk away from the table.

“Niall, don’t lie to me.”

Niall gulped at the seriousness in Harry’s voice.

“They’re cuts,” he whispered softly.

“What?” Harry asked, he couldn’t hear him.

“They’re cuts!” Niall yelled loudly. He looked at the ground, waiting for Harry to say how disgusting he was.

“Why would you do that to yourself? You’re beautiful,” Harry commented, moving over towards Niall.

“Beautiful? I’m not fucking beautiful. I’m ugly. I don’t know why you guys put up with me. I make the band look disgusting. Everyone knows it.”

“Don’t say that. It’s not tr—”

“It’s not true? Harry, have you seen what everyone says on Twitter? They say I should be kicked out of the band because I suck. They say I should die, and you know what? They are right. I should die. Ever since I was a little kid I got teased, and they said the exact same things everyone is saying now. I just, I can’t deal with the hate anymore,” Niall finished as tears were escaping his eyes and fell to the floor, crying his eyes out.

Harry quickly made his way over there and held Niall until he couldn’t cry anymore. He told him soothing words and reminded him why he is amazing and why he shouldn’t kill himself. Harry couldn’t take the haters away, but he could try to fix Niall.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is 1/2. The other part will be up soon :)