Status: Work in progress

And I Will Give You Every Part of Me

Taste your lips, feel your skin

Kennedy arrived a few minutes before twelve. He should have an award for punctuality. I had already fitted myself in one of Maddie's best dresses. This morning, I still couldn’t believe she said “That dress would definitely get you laid” in front of her Mother. Mrs. Clive didn’t mind though, in fact she just agreed and laughed before excusing herself to work. I felt uneasy while waiting for Kennedy to arrive; it was like prom night all over again. My hands were sweating like crazy and Maddie had already slapped my hands once or twice for fiddling with the hem of my dress.

Finally, the doorbell rang and one of Mrs. Clive’s maids came upstairs and told us ‘Sir Kennedy’ was already waiting outside since he refused to come in. It was weird how I worked a little harder in making myself look presentable to him, I mean, it wasn’t like this was the first time I’ll be going out with him.

“Hi.” I stated, coming out of the front door. Kennedy turned around and I was frankly amused by how surprised he looked when he saw me. He ran a hand through his hair, making it look messier than it already was. “Hi.” he said back.

We walked to his car in silence and he opened the door for me like a gentleman. “Why thank you Mr. Brock.” I stated before hopping inside. “My pleasure Miss Hansen.” He replied before walking around the car and getting into the driver’s seat.

“So we’re we going?” I asked him. My hands were fiddling on the hem of my dress again and I had to mentally slap it.

He looked at me mischievously, a wide grin stretched across his lips. “You’ll see when we get there.”

It took us about half an hour before we arrived in a neighbourhood. Houses that were coated with white paint stood aligned side by side, their porches all look the same as we passed by one house to another. There were huge trees standing by in front of each house, shredding leaves as the wind blew. I was about to ask Kennedy again if we’d reach our destination when he pulled into a stop, in front of two-storey house. It looked similar to all the other houses except this one had an inflatable swimming pool at the front lawn.

Kennedy turned to me, smiling. “You ready?” he asked. I nodded at him in reply and he climbed out of the car. I followed him, giving him a smile when I’d realized that he was supposed to go around the car to open the door for me and I was supposed to wait. “It’s fine. You aren’t a doorman.” I joked. He shook his head and laughed before taking my hand. We walked up to the porch and he rang the doorbell.

“Is this your—”

The door swung open and a woman appeared through the screen door. She looked a lot like Kennedy, which was the first thing I noticed when she opened the screen door and told us to come in. Kennedy, still holding my hand, led me inside. A dog came out of nowhere and started jumping on us, wagging its tail and breathing heavily through its mouth. “Hey Kota, come ‘ere.” He said, kneeling down to pet his dog.

I couldn’t help but giggle like a girl. Kennedy got up quickly, brushing his pants and then his shirt before turning to his—mom. “Mom.” He stated, and walked up to the lady standing right next to us. She smiled and pulled him in for hug.

“And this is?” she said, turning to me.

I froze, and tried to hide my nervous feels. Kennedy moved next to me, putting an arm around my shoulders. “Ma, this is Julia.” He said enthusiastically. “She’s uh—a friend. She smiled, and gave me a hug.

“You two must be hungry. Just a wait for sec, I’ll make lunch.” She said, disappearing into the kitchen.

Kennedy and I moved to living room, with Kota tailing behind us. My heart was still pounding faster than the usual as we sat on the couch. “This is your house.” I said blankly. Kennedy fell into laughter. “Not funny, you could’ve told me!”

“Relax, besides I didn’t think you’d go if I told you we’re heading here for lunch.” He said, rubbing the back of his head. That earned him a slap in the arm. “Ow!” he laughed again.
“You could’ve given me a heads-up.” I retorted.

He shrugged before grabbing the remote and pressed the ‘on’ button. Ellen DeGeneres’ appeared on the screen. It was a recap when Justin Bieber guessed on her show for about the hundredth time. I sunk down the couch and sighed heavily. I totally didn’t see this coming. “You okay?” he asked, turning his head to me.

I nodded, and sighed again. “Just—not ready.”

“You’re doing okay.” Kennedy was the king of self-esteem boosting.

“I could’ve worn a better dress.” I said

He laughed the most adorable laugh I’ve ever heard. It was even more adorable than the laughs he’d laughed before. He was about to say something when Mrs. Brock reappeared from the kitchen. “Come on you two.” She hummed. Kennedy got up, turned to me and held a hand out. I rose from my seat and took his hand. And we both headed to the kitchen.

-&&&-

This was by far the most amazing lunch I’ve ever had in years. Kennedy’s Mom made pasta, I’m pretty sure it was Carbonara or at least that’s what we called it back home. I was so full, my dress felt a little bit tighter. And I kind of involuntarily burped like Viking while Kennedy was drinking water, and it kind of made a big mess since the water went up to his nose and he snorted it out. Mrs. Brock also joined us and made everything more fun by telling me stories that I will never, in a million years, hear from Kennedy himself. It was kind of a bummer that we couldn’t stay too long since Kennedy said we had to go somewhere else which he wouldn’t tell me. We bid Mrs. Brock good bye, it was kind of hard seeing her face turn a little sad. “You two take care okay?” she said, giving both me and Kennedy a hug.

“Agh, the insides of my nose hurts.” He stated as we walked out through the front lawn.

“Sorry.” I said, adjusting the hem of my dress. “Not my fault I was born with a burp like a Viking’s.”

He laughed loudly. “It’s fine. Come on.” He took my hand and pulled me further away from his home.

“Where are we going?” I asked him curiously but he just smiled.

We traipsed around the neighbourhood to a park. He took me to the swings and sat me down before pushing it with force. The kids that were around playground stared at us, it was too embarrassing because their parents were also staring. I shot Kennedy a look but he just shrugged and kept pushing. “I think the swing’s gonna break.” I stated, as I swung backwards.

“No, it isn’t.” Kennedy replied, pushing harder. I screamed, well not really screamed loudly. It was more like a yelp. Kennedy burst into laughter as he pushed.

I tried stopping the swing but my feet would just scrape on the dusty ground. “Oh my, God I think I’m going too high!” My butt felt like it going to slip off the swing chair and I thought that I was going to fall—I wasn’t wrong. But Kennedy caught me before my ass fell on the ground.
We looked like were taken out of a cliché romantic movie. His eyes were glued to mine, and we didn’t move for the longest time. And then he leaned in.

“Kenny, there are kids staring at us.” I whispered as his face got closer to mine. He quickly pulled back and helped me up back on my feet. There was an awkward silence between the two of us while we were heading back to the car.

On our way back home, silence took over still. I didn’t know why but I found it funny. And then Kennedy cleared his throat. “Uh, Julia…” he started, his eyes were still on the road and his hands were gripping the steering wheel tightly that his knuckles had gone white.

“Hmm?”

He cleared his throat again. “Sorry about that.” He continued, his eyes were still focused on the road.

“It’s fine silly.” I laughed.

We arrived Maddie's house at around 8 pm. It’s kind of funny since I’d agreed to go out for lunch with him, not for the whole day but it was worth it. Kennedy walked me back to the front door, still not saying anything. “Kennedy” I broke the silence. He looked up to me with his beautiful Hazel eyes.

“Yeah?”

I took a deep breath. “I don’t normally do this on dates but…” I trailed off. My eyes met his and we just stared at each other’s eyes for the longest time once again. And then I kissed him.

I kissed Kennedy Brock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally, a pretty relevant title. Hi everyone, I guess everything's starting now (at chapter 12 oh god). Anyway thank you for sparing some of your precious time to read this story. Heheheh, I will forever be thankful! Bless all your souls.

Julia
xo