Status: Work in progress

And I Will Give You Every Part of Me

But opposites attract

I was awakened by the loud sound of the hair dryer, 15 inches away from me. It was Maddie, blow-drying her hair back to its shape. “Did you really have to do your hair here?” I groaned, getting up from my bed.

She laughed and looked at me, “Ken said you were crying last night.”

“Oh really, what makes him so sure of that.”

“He said he heard sobbing.” She raised an eyebrow.

“I was watching a sad movi—”

“Don’t bullshit me. You need to get your mind off things.” She said. She moved from the table to the cabinet and started rummaging through my things.

“What are you doing?” I asked, causing her stop and turn to me.

She smiled mischievously. I knew she had something in mind. “You’re going to run an errand for me today.” She commanded.

Maddie would always do this. Whenever she’d have something in mind, she’d always find a way to get me to do it. Because she’s Maddie, and she doesn’t take no for an answer. “Let me guess, this errand involves Kennedy and something else that is irrelevant your life or mine.”

She nodded. I stomped back to my bed and made myself fall down to the soft mattress, and covering my face with a pillow. “Come on Julia” she started. “It’ll be fun, plus you’d get to take your mind off of some things and get know Kennedy better.”

And then it all came back to me, the bitching and the snapping at him last night. I’d apologized and insisted that I should make up for it. And that he’d let me know when he has already thought of something. He had it all planned out. “Listen, last night I bitched out on him and apologized—making the biggest mistake ever when I told him I wanted to make it up to him and even insisted.”

Maddie just laughed. I knew it. “And last night he probably told you about it, didn’t he?”
Again, she just laughed. “DIDN’T HE?!”

“Alright, alright. He did. God, cranky pants.” She said, still laughing. “You only had to say no if you didn’t want to, I’ll tell him you got sick or something.”

I remained silent, and thought about it. “Fine, I’ll go and get this over and done with.”

Maddie squealed, clasping her hands together. “You’re gonna have fun. Kennedy’s the sweetest! And I’ll even lend you my dress” she said, before skipping out of the room.
Great, just great. I just made another big mistake that I’m pretty sure I’ll be regretting 12 hours from now. But it’s fine, it’s no big deal. I have a huge wall and no one can just walk in and break this wall down. He would go through hell and die before he could even succeed.
The next 2 hours were spent with picking out dresses and shoes, doing the hair and putting on a little bit of make-up and practicing conversations that are probably not going to get executed once I’m at the spot because I’d suddenly get nervous and my mannerism would go bonkers. I’d tried on 10 different dresses and Maddie didn’t even like one, not even a single one. In the end, I just went with nice floral patterned shorts and a button-up blouse that I got for my birthday a year ago. My get-up was kind of half-formal, half-casual—I guess.
“Nice choice in showing more legs. Kennedy would totally tap you.” Maddie exclaimed.

I gave her a disgusted look. “Is this what Arizona does to you? Turns you back to your horny teenage years?”

She started laughing loudly. “You look perfect now go and fulfil my wish of you getting laid! Don’t come back before 12 midnight!”

I headed down and found myself standing in front of a nicely dressed Kennedy. He wore plaids over a shirt and denim pants with his vans. He still looked ragged but he looked extra attractive now. “Hi.” He said. I said hi back at him and we headed outside.

“So we’re going to this meeting,” he started. “Uh—it’s for the venue of Maddie’s family’s huge party.” He continued. I just listened to him as he explained to me why we had to go through this awful meeting and the party that was planned. Turns out Maddie’s grandparents were having their wedding anniversary, together with the reunion. And Maddie’s parents insisted on making this event huge because it’ll be good for Maddie’s uncle whom was running for a position in the politics world.

“I never knew Maddie’s family likes getting involved in politics.” I stated.

Kennedy turned to me with his bright eyes. “Yeah, they’re pretty famous in here.”
“Really?”

“Yeah, really.” He laughed. “Maddie hated her parents for that, they keep nagging her into doing politics but we clearly knew she hated that.”

I caught myself smiling. “Yeah, I figured that after living with her for a long amount of time.”
We both laughed and then fell into silence. It wasn’t the awkward kind of silence. Just silence. It was calming but it made my heart beat so fast too. Neither of us spoke for a while until we got to the place where the meeting was being held.

We headed inside, and there was a group of people huddled up in a long table. There was a designer, an emcee, a cake maker and etc. etc. Kennedy and I knew we were totally out of place, but he handled it very well. He asked about details and stuff, while I wrote it down. And when we finished, he even managed to get me to have lunch with him.

“Wow, you’re good in meetings.” I said as we got in his car.

“Hmm, I try.” He laughed.

We drove to a restaurant (which I had completely forgotten what name it had) in silence. There was no awkward atmosphere again, just silence. When we arrived, the waiter escorted us to a table for two. Kennedy, being a true gent, helped me with my chair.

“Why, thank you Mr. Brock.” I said settling in my seat.

He smiled. “It is my pleasure Ms.—”

“Hansen.” I giggled like a girl. Why did I giggle like a girl?

“It is my pleasure, Ms. Hansen.” He repeated.

We ate good food, and talked about life. He asked me so many questions that I’d revealed much more than I should have. But then, I found out a couple of things about him too. He dropped out of college to join his band, his name isn’t actually Kennedy Brock, it was really Johnathan Franklin Trotter, but because of some issue with his family, he’d decided to change it. “I like Kennedy Brock more though.” I had commented. He thanked me and proceeded to the fact about him that made me like him less.

“Are you serious?!” I said in disbelief. “You don’t like ice cream that much?” I said.

He nodded silently, looking at me with a smile on his face as if he was completely amused by my enraged reaction towards the fact that he, Kennedy brock, did not like ice cream that much.

“You are unbelievable.” I stated. He let out a small laugh and we proceeded to eating again.
I had ordered a nice glass of chocolate ice cream myself and he looked at me, disgusted as I shove a spoonful to my mouth smothering my face with chocolate. “You eat very gracefully.” He teased.

I rolled my eyes on him and leaned over, causing me to stop. My heart pounded like crazy when his face got closer to mine. WHAT THE HELL WAS HE DOING? He placed his hand on my cheek. I swear I could’ve died right then and there, but I didn’t…since he started wiping my face.

“Sweetheart, you have chocolate smothered all over your face. Let me get that for you.” he said, before taking his off of my face and licking his thumb that was now filled with chocolate from my face, as to tease me.

“I still loathe you because you don’t like ice cream.” I stated, and the continued to devouring the super delicious glass of ice cream in front of me.

He smirked. “I do believe that opposites do attract.”

I rolled my eyes again. “Whatever. It’s bullshit.”

“It isn’t. Since it’s obvious we’re the complete opposite, yet I’m attracted to you.” He said.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 6 is coming right up okay, give me a few minutes.

:)