Drop Dead Gerard

sleeping dormant deep inside of me



Gerard and Lydia walked out through the hospital doors and started to walk along the streets.
"Lydia...?"
"Mmhmm?"
“How come Mikey could see you if you’re dead?”
“Mikey could see me because part of my job was to make sure you found out you wear dead...to do that i had to bring your brother to the hospital so you would follow him and to do that i had to make myself visible”
“So it is possible for the living to see the dead” Questioned Gerard
“Yeah...But don’t you go getting any ideas, Only the Boss can give you the power to be visible and he doesn’t hand it out like candy.” Warned Lydia
Gerard became to feel an once of hope despite what Lydia was warning him about
“I mean it Gerard, Just erase the thought from your head before it drives you crazy”
“Fine...But you finished your task, what do you get?”
“Ha, how about the chance to not spend an eternity in hell”
“Well i guess that works for me...So what do you do now?”
“Move onto the next person...”
“And that is...?”
“ I don’t know yet, I’m going to have to take a trip to Sin city and talk to the boss...I’ll show you around!”
“Sin City?”
“Yeah like the after life’s Hide out, Home of the living dead”
“You say it so casually, like we‘re not going to spend the night in the home of Dead people”
“Well i guess we’ll fit in just fine...your not scared are you”
“Nooo of coarse not this is how i like to spend most evenings” Said Gerard sarcastically
Lydia giggled “You know your like the most sarcastic guy I’ve ever met”
Gerard sighed “Yeah it’s been said, Wear is this Sin city anyway?”
“Just down the street”
Gerard continued to follow Lydia to wear ever it was she was leading him.
Lydia eventually stopped outside of a old run down nightclub with the words “Sin city” in pink neon lights. The dark drab walls wear all covered in weather beaten posters of prostitutes and gigs. The afternoon light of day was fading to a musky darkened atmosphere as night closed in.
“Well here it is,...Welcome to Sin City” Said Lydia
“What this place? It looks like some crappy Nightclub?”
“It used to be a nightclub for the living but its only the diseased that come here now...Everyone needs a place to call home...Welcome home.”
Gerard gave another look at the eerie looking building and gave Lydia a nervous smile.
“Don’t be scared...”
Gerard grabbed the door handle
Lydia let out another giggle “You wont need doors anymore Hun”
“Huh?”
To Gerard amazement Lydia walked straight through the stone doors, For a few seconds Gerard was confused to what he was going to do next , he thought about how dumb he would look if he just walked into a door but he eventually got the courage to follow her inside.
Gerard’s face was all scrunched up as he made his way through the door.
“Gerard...it’s safe to open your eyes now.” Came Lydia’s voice
Loud music was blasting out from every direction. He could hear glass shattering and crowds of people talking amongst themselves. He did as Lydia said and opened his eyes.
In that second the loud music screeched to a stop and all eyes began to loom at him.
The atmosphere reminded Gerard of a high school Halloween dance only this time nobody needed to dress up.
Everyone in that room looked either shocked , confused or like they wanted to beet the crap out of him ...this really was a lot like high school.
"Urm...Hey everyone" Squeaked Gerard.
...There was silence
"Tough crowd" Whispered Gerard under his breath.
“WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS” Came the shouts of a guy with ruffled long brow hair and a thik metal piercing on his chin.
this is Gerard...He’s one of us now” Said Lydia trying to stick up for Gerard.
“Pfft like fuck he is, Does the boss know about this?” Argued the angry looking guy
“No he doesn’t...But i couldn’t do that to him Clyde...He didn’t deserve it”
“Who are you to make that decision Lydia, You kill them and take them down to hell to rid the earth of trash like him...that’s our job” clyde tryed to explaine.
“E’S NOT TRASH AND HE DOSENTDESERVE HELL...he didn’t even deserve to die...But i took his life and I’m going to help him”
“Oh yeah and what are you going to do ?
“I’m gonna get him the hell away from this fucking place!!!”
Clyde turned away after sneering at Gerard then the music blastedback on.
Gerard turned to Lydia “Wh-”
“Forget about him...” was her only reply

--------
Lydia walked off away from Gerard and up the wooden steps. She wanted to find the boss. She knocked on the black door that read the words 666 in red paint.
She could have always walked through but she was always to frightened.
There was no reply from the inside so she figured the boss must be out.
She then felt it was safe to walk straight into the room.
The musky room was full of dread and fear and pure sadness, there was no happiness in this room. She didn’t know how much longer she could bare being in the room so she decided to act quickly.
She search the boss filling cabinet until she got to the letter L then found her name.
Lydia
Victim: None

Lydia then looked for “G”

Gerard
Victim:Lindsey Ann Ballato
Age:31
Fate: Broken heart

.......................................

Gerard stood outside letting the soft breeze run through his mangled hair and indulge in the comfort of the shinning stars that remain gazing over him.
This was the first time he had time to sit ad take in the fact that he was no longer living...It was almost unreal to him.
Lydia walked out of sin city and sat beside Gerard.
“Hello...”
“Heyy”
“I’m not meant to be here am i...?” Asked Gerard
“...no”
“Then why am i?”
“Because i know your not a bad person Gerard, You’ve made mistakes like any other person...but nobody deserves your fate. I stole you away from someone who loves you very much...I know how it feels to loose someone you love.”
“oh...I I’m sorry...do yo-”
“no...I’m sorry i shouldn’t be talking about me...the point is i should never have killed you...and I’m sorry but i want to help you.”
“Can i be helped?”
“I believe you can...you have to promise me something thought”
“okay...anything”
“Don’t go looking for Lindsey”