Status: On hold til I get my laptop back! Sorry guys :(

Written in Blood

01

I tapped my pencil on the wooden table, reading my history text book and scribbling down notes for class tomorrow. Usually, it takes me thirty minutes to read a whole chapter and take proper notes, but the longer I took, the longer I was away from home.

“Avery?” I looked up, meeting the eyes of Ms. Lewis the head librarian. She was looking down at me, her glasses slipping to the tip of her nose, a stack of books in here arms. “It’s time to close up dear, it’s six.” I thanked her before gathering my book and notebook and putting them in my bag, pushing my chair in, and leaving the library, walking the empty halls of the school.

Everyone seemed to hate this place, the treat it as if it was a prison, wanting to so desperately get out as soon as possible. Literally no one hung out after school. Everyone would converse, then leave. For me? I’d rather live here. I probably sound like a nerd, and I am, but this place is my haven. I don’t have parents hounding me to be like my brothers, or brothers to pick on me.

I walked slowly down the steps and crossed the street, taking out my iPod and listening to Lights. I don’t care if I listen to girly music, I love it. It calms me down.

After a while, I turned a corner into an alleyway that led to the park. I don’t care if it takes an extra ten minutes, it’s better than-

I stumbled over something, nearly falling if I hadn’t caught myself on the brick way, scraping my hands against the brick. I pulled away from the wall, looking at my hands, skin and blood was smeared. I cursed myself, picking up my feet to see what I had tripped on, but I didn’t trip over something, I tripped over someone.

I kneeled down, looking at the guy who had sort of a long face, black hair a mess on his head, and I’m pretty sure if he was standing up, he’s be at least a foot or more taller than me. Not to mention he was kind of pale; sickly even. I peered under his hair, squatting lower. There was a barely there cut under his eye. The intelligent part of me told me to leave him, but…

“Are you okay?” I asked. The guy jerked awake, flipping his hair out of his eyes, and I froze. His eyes were glowing blue and I gulped down the fear that kicked in. I stumbled over my words, looking into the glow of blue, hypnotized, “A-ar-are y-you o-ok-kay?” I asked, shaking. I felt heat rise to my cheeks. He looked as if he was about to say something, and I don’t know what came over me. But I reached out, and whatever trance I was in broke when he grabbed my wrist, squeezing it tightly, my bracelet digging into my skin. I yelped.

“Leave, now.” he seethed. I watched as his eyes went from blue to a tint of red, the fear settling in once again. I shook from his grip, and he automatically let go, leaving me to bolt.

Why do I always do stupid things?
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hey, an update. I kinda forgot what I had planned for this story so I rewrote the whole storyline like, yesterday and I just typed away at my iPod so I could remember it! I think it's worth the wait. I apologize to the 17 subbers and I thank HayliexMon, kiikyta, AnglesCorner, Mew Aqua and I'd.Be.Your.Tears for commenting and hopefully sticking around. haha!
♥Matt
Plus, I've been writing this oops.
♥♥Matt
Edit 6/20/12:
thanks to PoeticMess. for pointing out errors :)