Sequel: Stay With Me
Status: Completed!

Rough Hands and Kind Eyes

Where Have You Been All My Life?

<i> I'm in the back corner of the bar at a table against a window! </i> Jordan texted to his date, Ellie. Vero had made them exchange phone numbers so they weren't going into this date completely blind.

<i> I'm in the parking lot now! See you in 2 mins. </i>

Anxiousness and excitement filled Jordan. He didn't know why, it wasn't like he really wanted this date. Did he? Jordan shook his head of the thought, trying to keep his head in the moment he was in. He watched the door of the bar and saw a beautiful, small woman with hair that was dark blonde on top and light blonde at the bottom. Jordan recalled Tess calling it "ombre" once.

He raised his hand a gave a soft wave, letting her know that the man she'd been making eye contact was in fact, him. Jordan watched her breathlessly as she walked over to him. She had on a pretty white sundress and a short jean jacket to cover. It wasn't quite Spring yet, but the weather was abnormally warm for early March.

"Jordan?" She asked again, just to be sure. She moved her loosely waved hair behind her ear as she stood near the table.

"How are you?" Jordan smiled, standing up and towering over the girl. He gestured his hand towards the seat across his, telling her to sit. She did graciously, smoothing out her dress.

"I'm great! A little thrown off by this sudden date, but happy nonetheless. How are you?" She asked. Jordan like the way she looked at him when she spoke.

"I'm doing great, too! Hungry though," Jordan smiled. He also liked the way she looked at him when <b>he</b> spoke. It was like she was listening to every word he said, like everything he said was important.

Jordan was enamoured with this girl. She was perfect. She was sweet, funny, attentive and she could hold a conversation.

"You have three sisters? I have three brothers!" Jordan smiled as they talked happily over their third bowl of fries.

"Really?" Ellie smiled, wiping her fingers on a napkin beside her.

"I'm the second youngest. My oldest brother is Eric, then Marc, then me and then my youngest brother Jared," Jordan smiled, loving that he could talk about his family. They meant a lot to him.

"I'm the youngest," Ellie nodded.

"We're doomed to fail then," Jordan teased, sipping at his fourth beer.

"Guess we should just get the cheque and call is quits now, huh?" Ellie smiled.

"It's way better this way," Jordan smirked. He really liked this girl. <i> Tess who? </i>

"What are your sisters names?" Jordan asked after a few seconds of them staring at each other in silence, smiling.

"The oldest is Angela, then Scarlett and then Georgia and then me," Ellie smiled.

"Do they all live here in Pennsylvania?" Jordan asked.

"Angie and Georgia do," Ellie nodded. "Scarlett moved to Toronto Ontario with her husband."

"I'm from Ontario," Jordan smiled. "Thunder Bay, actually."

"Do you like it there?" Ellie asked.

"I do," Jordan nodded. "I love it here, but Thunder Bay will always be home."

After a while they both realized the time and decided to part ways. Jordan, being the gentleman he was, paid. They walked to the parking lot together.

"So," Jordan started. "Did you want to do this again?"

"I would love that," Ellie nodded.

"Okay, so I'll call you?" Jordan verified.

"Yeah," Ellie smiled. Jordan did, too. He leaned down and kissed her forehead. They parted ways and Jordan drove home. He smiled the whole way before pulling into his driveway. He had been totally wrong about this date. He really did like Ellie.