Sequel: Stay With Me
Status: Completed!

Rough Hands and Kind Eyes

I Finally Realize It

It's amazing how quickly your night can turn from great to complete downer. Just as Jordan pulled into his driveway he realized that Tess' car was still there as well. He wondered if perhaps Max had come down to Pittsburgh instead to get Tess as opposed to her going to him.

Jordan shrugged it off and walked into his house. A smell of wine and popcorn hit him. No way in hell would Tess have the nerve to bring Max back to Jordan's. He didn't care if he and Max were friends. He'd kick his ass right then and there.

"Tess?" Jordan called, looking through his kitchen. He spotted her sitting at the island counter with a bowl of popcorn and a wine goblet beside her. "Why are you still here?"

"That fucker bailed on me," Tess muttered. "Talbot. He bailed on me. He never bails on me."

"Tess, I don't have time for this. I have a practice tomorrow, and I just had a really great night. I'm not in the mood to have it ruined by you and your Talbot drama," Jordan stated. He was surprised that the words came out of HIS mouth.

"I get what you're doing," Tess muttered. "I know you only went on that date to make me mad because I would rather spend my night with Talbot."

"Maybe that's why I did it in the first place, Tess. But I had a great time with Ellie tonight," Jordan replied. "I'm seeing her again."

"Drop it, Jordan. I get it, okay? Fine, we can stay in and do whatever you want from here on in," Tess mocked.

"You're drunk," Jordan stated, talking the wine glass from her. "I'll call you a cab."

"I can't stay here?" Tess asked. Jordan always let her stay. He always took care of her in the morning.

"No," Jordan replied, boldly. "You can't stay. I have a practice in the morning and I plan on seeing Ellie again as soon as possible. Leave Tess, please."

"Fuck you," Tess slurred. "You're a dick, you know that?"

"Yeah," Jordan scoffed. "I'm such a bad person because I'm asking you to leave my house which you stayed in. Uninvitedly."

"You always let me stay," Tess stated. "I always get to stay here with you."

"I'm not in the mood for a Tess-tantrum, and I'm not in the mood to be guilted into having sex with you," Jordan sighed. "You always kick me out and you always take me for granted. Honestly, I'm done with it. I'm so passed being your little bitch, Tess."

Tess stared at him with wild eyes. She couldn't believe he was talking to her like this. She didn't treat him like her bitch. How fucking dare he.

"Fine," Jordan sighed. "You want to stay? You can stay on the couch, but I want you gone in the morning."

Jordan walked upstairs to his bedroom, closing the door and locking it behind him. There was no way he was caving on the Tess issue. He really did like Ellie and wouldn't be swayed otherwise.

....

"So, how was your date with Ellie?" Flower asked the next day after practice.

"It was amazing," Jordan smiled. "She's a fantastic girl."

"Are you going to see her again?" Flower asked, taking off his skates.

"Absolutely," Jordan nodded. "I'd be a fool not to. We got along really well and have a ton in common. She's a rare find, man. I think I might ask her out for Saturday."

"You should invite her to the game," Tyler stated. "Vero will be there, so she won't be alone."

"You think?" Jordan asked. "It would be nice to have her here and she could come out to a late dinner after."

"Go for it," Tyler nodded.

"Maybe this question isn't allowed, but what about Tess?" Sid asked, joining in the conversation.

"We're done," Jordan shrugged. "I told her last night when I came home from my date with Ellie and she was still there. Said Talbot stood her up last night."

"She not good for you," Evgeni stated, sitting beside Jordan. "She was never nice to you. Take you for granted."

"You know she won't go down without a fight, right?" Tyler stated. "I mean, it's Tess Stewart."

"Yeah," Jordan nodded. "I'm expecting her to still be at my house and ready to kick my ass when I get home."

Just as he suspected Tess was still at his house when he got home from practice. She stood in the foyer angry.

"You've got a lot of nerve doing what you did to me last night," Tess muttered.

"Are you kidding me?" Jordan laughed. "You treat me like shit daily! We're not even dating, Tess! Why are you even mad? You do shit like this to me all the time. This should be nothing new to you. What? Because I'm doing it to you it's not acceptable?"

"You don't even like her!" Tess shouted.

"How the fuck would you know?" Jordan yelled back. "You don't care about me. For the last two years all we've ever talked about is you. Your needs, your hopes, your dreams. You don't even have hopes and dreams! You just want to keep living your life like you do now. I'm sorry, but I don't want that, Tess. I don't want what you have to offer. I've finally realized how much better off I am without you."

"What are you saying?" Tess asked.

"I want you out of my life," Jordan stated firmly. "I don't need you anymore. I don't need your negativity. I don't need you only using me when you want or need something. You've jerked me around for too long and now I'm ready for something real. And that something doesn't involve you and I."

Jordan tossed his hockey bag into his laundry room and went upstairs towards his bathroom.

"Make sure the door locks behind you, please." He called down to her.

He knew he was being mean, and he didn't care. He no longer cared what Tess thought of him. He was really ready for something real and to let go of Tess.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to the people who have left comments, read and subscribed. That's really amazing of you all! Thank you so much! :) Please, keep it coming!
HOW ABOUT THAT PENGUINS WIN TONIGHT!? 10-3, oh my!