Status: We try to update as quickly as possible. Comments make us go quicker :]

She Whispers

Princess

I have been wide awake ever since the little... scare. Everyone agreed to sleep in my room with me for the night. We all attempted to sleep in the bed together, but it wasn’t working very well. Sure, it was a queen size bed, but that wasn’t big enough for four grown teenagers and one small child. Everyone was asleep now, but after being pushed off of the bed for the fifth time I decided that I wouldn’t be able to sleep tonight so I got up and walked out of my room.

I decided to just go outside in the backyard with my camera and just take a few pictures. I stepped out the back door and let the cold air hit my back. The breeze felt nice. I took a deep breath in and closed my eyes. I have always felt more at ease when I was outside and with my camera. Before I could even open my eyes again I felt a strong hand grab my shoulder. I let out a sharp scream and quickly turned around when I heard a soft chuckle.

“Chance! What the fuck?” I shoved him.

“Sorry Jase, but what are you doing outside?!” he stopped laughing and suddenly became serious, “Someone was just staring you as you were asleep and you just go outside in the middle of the night alone?! You could have asked me to come out here with you.”

“Did you just call me Jase?” I cocked my head to the side and looked at him.

He blushed a little and shook his head, “You're not concerned with the fact that someone was watching you, but you care if I call you Jase? Your so odd. If you don’t want me to call you that I don't have to.”

“No, I like it.” I smiled.

There was a bit of an awkward silence, but thankfully Chance broke it.

“What are you doing out here?”

“I like taking pictures and being alone. Its relaxing.”

“Oh,” he rubbed the back of his neck, “I can go inside if you want...”

“No!” I said a little too fast, “I mean, sure I like being alone, but I like being with you.”

“Than I’ll stay,” he gave me a small smile, “So what are you taking pictures of?” I was about to answer him, but he interrupted me, “LOOK! THERE’S A KITE IN THE TREE!”

I looked to where he was pointing to see that there was indeed a kite in a tree. I laughed at the fact that he got distracted so easily.

“You’re so weird,” he looked over at me with a puppy dog face, “A good weird. Definitely a good weird.”

“Yay!” He gave me a huge hug like it was the best compliment he had ever received, “I think I’m going to get it. Hope always talks about wanting to fly one someday and this one is free! It's perfect for her!”

I giggled at Chance as he ran over to the tree's trunk. He swung his leg around the side of it and hauled himself up to where the kite was. I have to admit, he looked adorable. He had his left arm wrapped around the trunk and his legs hung on top of a large branch. He was reaching over to get the kite and he was so concentrated on getting the toy that his tongue stuck out of the side of his mouth. I quickly turned my camera and changed all the settings so that you would be able to see Chance correctly. I clicked the shutter button, but instead of taking a picture, it did nothing. I looked down at the screen to see in large writing Please insert memory card.

“The fuck...” I muttered under my breath.

“Is there a problem Jase?” My head shot up and Chances face was about three inches away from mine.

“My memory card for my camera is gone... It was in there before I went to sleep.”

“Maybe it got up and walked away,” he suggested casually.

“Yah,” I laughed, “I’m sure that's what happened.”

“It could have!” He joined my laughed, “Was there anything important on it?”

I shrugged, “Just some pictures that I took today.”

“The ones with that weird guy in it?” He laughed at me.

“Shut up! That guy was creepy!”

When we got home yesterday after we found Chance and Hope, I ran straight to my room to try to get a better look at the man in my pictures. Chance followed me and I showed him all of them. He had agreed that there was someone in the pictures, but convinced me it was nothing. Honestly, I was scared to death.

“You probably just misplaced the memory card.”

I sighed and looked down at my feet. He put a finger on my chin and pulled it up so I was looking directly into his strange, but beautiful eyes.

“Don’t worry about it Jase. It was probably nothing. I know that waking up to a random person staring you probably has got you a little scared, but you're going to be fine. I won't let anyone hurt you.”

“Thanks,” I said still not feeling any better about any of this. We just stood outside for a little while talking about the pictured and the person that snuck in, but I quickly became tired and started to yawn.

“Sleepy?” He asked me. I was too exhausted to answer so I just nodded my head and laid down next to his feet. I curled into a ball and closed my eyes and he laughed. “You need to get up so that we can get inside and go to sleep.”

“Too tired.” I whispered with my eyes still closed, “Carry me inside?”

He snickered, but still listened to my request. He picked me up bridal style and I wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder with my nose touching his neck..

“Hold on tight princess,”I could feel every step and breath he took. He slowed down a bit right before the staircase that led upstairs, but still held onto me. We made our way inside of the room that everyone was sleeping in, but he didn’t put me down.

“Is there a problem?” I asked as I yawned again.

“There is no room on the bed.” I lifted my head from his shoulder to see that this was true. Three people were taking up my entire bed. MY BED. I made a pouty face and Chance quickly turned around with me in his arms, “There are two more beds. We can both get our own for the night.”

“No.” I said plainly.

“No?” he asked as he placed me on one of the other beds. It looked to be Mae’s room.

“Yes, no. I don’t want to sleep alone. Please stay with me? The stupid home invader freaked me out and there is no way I’m sleeping alone.”

“Sorry princess. I’ll stay with you for tonight. But no funny business.” he fake scolded me, “I mean it! I know I’m irresistible, but even I need some rest.”

I laughed, “Have I mentioned how weird you are?”

“Yes, I believe you have, but would you rather be around a normal and boring person or someone who is weird and exciting?” he took the blanket out from under me and pulled it over the two of us once he got into the bed next to me.

“I suppose that is true.” I yawned once more.

“You need sleep. Night princess.”

“Why do you keep calling me that?” I turned so that I was facing away from him.

He pulled me to him so that our bodies were touching, “Because I’m going to be your knight in shining armor and you deserve to be treated like a princess. Now go to sleep. I’ll see you in the morning.”

I feel asleep smiling like an idiot, but I couldn’t help it. Chance just had a way of making people feel amazing about themselves.
♠ ♠ ♠
soooo heres de update! thanks for reading! we love commenters and subscribers so spread the word about the story.... thank you to

A T T A C K !
HMMadler

you guys rock! we love you guys! hhehehheheheheheh

Peace, Love, and Unicorns!

~Kidsfromyesterday182