Status: New. I'm not sure how this will end up going. I'm trying it. <3

Greyhound Bound for Nowhere

020

The next day, I was at work, working on designs for homecoming in the next few weeks for the local high school. I usually draw them out first, depending on what flowers and colors the people want.

This particular one I was working on was supposed to be an orchid with purple ribbons. It looked good on paper, but we will see when I start making it.

A minute later, the bell went off, signaling someone had walked into the shop.

“Can I help you?” I asked.

“Yes, are you Avery Anderson?”

“Yes, I am.”

“I’m Ashley Long. I run the gossip column in the local newspaper.”

I sighed, “Okay….”

“I just wanted to ask you a few questions since Mr. Crosby will not answer any of them.”

“Were you the one that asked him yesterday?”

“Yes, I was.”

Shit.

“You know he answered that way because no one deserves to know every detail of his personal life.”

“I know, but since it’s been circulating for the last month, and no one has really commented, it has to be true.”

Sidney is going to be so mad at me.

“Look, all I’m going to say is that I made a mistake in my past way before I even moved out here to Pittsburgh. I…I ruined a marriage of two of my best friends, and lost a lot of respect from my close friends. Those friends won’t even talk to me anymore, and I don’t blame them. But, the fact of the matter is it is in the past. I’m not going to cheat on Sidney or treat him like crap. I genuinely care about him, and if the fans care about him like I think they do, they will leave us alone. He really is happy with me. If he didn’t, he sure as hell wouldn’t be going through all of this trouble with me. That is all I have to say, and if you print it, you better print every word I just spoke and not mis-represent anything I said.”

Ashley looked shocked, but nodded her head in agreement, before thanking me and walking out of the shop.

Ugh, just feed me to the fucking wolves already.

I didn’t get to talk to Sid until the next morning, when the paper was printed. He walked into the apartment and threw the paper into my lap.

“I wish you would have told me what happened yesterday, but I'm glad it's out in the open and that it came from you.”

“I’m just glad you’re not pissed off at me. I was so scared you were going to be mad.”

“Nah, maybe they will leave us alone now. It’d be nice.”

“Yeah, Sid, it would be.”

Sidney wrapped his arms around me, and then kissed me.

“Avery, you’re amazing, and I know we haven’t been together that long, but I love you.”

I smiled, “I love you, too.”

I'm so glad I came out here. It really hasn't been that long, but I believe this is the real deal.