Status: New. I'm not sure how this will end up going. I'm trying it. <3

Greyhound Bound for Nowhere

007

The words my brother yelled at me were ringing through my head, over and over. He actually called me a home wrecking slut. I just…..it hasn’t sunk in yet….nothing has. I sluggishly walked over to my closet, and pulled out two suitcases. Surely he wouldn’t mess with anything I can’t take with me, right?

I pulled out clothes that I wore a lot, and then packed as much as I could into the two bags. I grabbed another bag, tossing my bathroom things into it, before shoving it down into the bigger suitcase. My laptop was slung into its own bag as I grabbed my phone charger, stuffing it into my purse. I will leave tonight. Fuck this place.

I hauled my things down to my car, and shoved them into the back seat before going back into the house for my purse and phone.

I grabbed a piece of paper and a pen.

Kalen, my car will be at the bus station. Come get it when you feel like it….it doesn’t belong to me anymore. I’m not sure where I’m going….not like you care anyway.

Avery


I left it where he would easily find it, and slammed the front door on the way out. When I had the car started, I slammed on the gas and spun gravel getting out of the driveway. Kalen hated it when I did that, so I did it even though he wasn’t home.

Ten minutes later, I was pulling into the bus station, and hauling my shit out of the car. He has a spare key, so I’m not leaving it…..I might be a bitch sometimes, but this car doesn’t need to be stolen.

I bit my lip as I walked up to the counter, “When is the next bus out of California?”

“Hm, it leaves in ten minutes.”

“Good, I want a ticket.”

“Miss, do you even want to know where it’s going?”

“I don’t care as long as it’s out of this place.”

So soon after that, I was sitting on a Greyhound bus, bound for nowhere in particular. I really didn’t care where I ended up. No one cares about me anyway. My family will be pissed when Kalen tells them what happened. They don’t take to kindly to drama like that; they are Southern to the core.

An older gentleman sits down beside me, and raises an eyebrow at me, I assume at my piercings. Oh well.

It’s not long before the bus starts moving and I slip in my headphones. I sighed as Miranda Lambert came through the speakers. It’s sad that I can go with pretty much any of her songs.

Almost nine hours later, we’re pulling into another bus station, and I realize that we’ve barely made it out of California.

“Why the hell didn’t I just fly?” I muttered to myself. I looked at my ticket and realized this was my stop.

I sighed, as I got off the bus and collected my things.

Where the hell was I anyway? Yuma. Fuck my life. I’m gonna find a damn airport.

I know where the hell I’m going now. The east coast…..Pennsylvania to be exact.

After I flagged down a taxi and got to the airport, I knew I was sure of my decision. Kalen had probably already called my sister and told her what happened. I don’t care though. My phone was off, so it wouldn’t matter if anyone had tried to call me.

The flight had four seats left. I got lucky and it leaves in an hour. After I checked my bags in, I sat down near the entrance to my gate, and just relaxed. It was going to be a long flight, but I just didn’t give a fuck anymore. I’d fly into Phoenix, and then to Charlotte, and then to Pittsburgh. I’m glad I had written down my sister’s address before I had left the house. Boy, is she going to be shocked when I show up on her doorstep.